1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I hope Biden gets elected and cures you.

Cohete Rojo likes this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are trying too hard.

3. biff17

biff17 Member

You sure seem to care.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I do care that someone is claiming they will cure cancer in order to take advantage of hopeful people. I have people in my life affected by illness and I can't stand people who try to prey on the sick. This type of thing hits home.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Some jokes from far-right extremist Conan.

Cohete Rojo likes this.
  6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

No, I'd say this propaganda outlet is less trustworthy than other propaganda outlets because it is literally funded by an adversary of our country. When they report real news, they build their credibility as a news source, and then when they need to influence American perceptions of Russian activities, they can turn on the propaganda taps. CNN might do the same, but at least they won't be doing it at Putin's direction. Associating yourself with RT is also not doing anything good for your own reputation.

As for the cancer cure promise, seems like pretty standard electioneering fare. I expect as president he'll look to pour some more federal funds into cancer research and maybe pull some other government levers to advance the science and care there. I don't expect we'll literally cure cancer while he's president, but yeah we can probably accelerate things with more effort. I don't think it's among the big pressing issues facing our country and honestly I could see some downside from pushing, but I won't be mad if we cure it.

As a campaign strategy, it makes a lot of sense. Trump has always been good at surfacing new issues that no one had been talking about. Clinton was very bad at that. Now, the new crop of Democrats are doing the same thing, but they're pushing hard on the left fringe of public policy. Biden needs to drive some conversation in his own brand, and this is a relatable issue that neither Trump nor the other Democrats are talking about. Cancer can catch the attention of older Americans who might swing between parties. It's also very credible because of his own experience with cancer through his son and his participation in the cancer moonshot. And, it is exactly the kind of issue where the federal government has a big lever. He has a better chance of showing results on cancer than any Democrat has on slowing climate change.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Biden's lead in Texas down to 8. Tick tock.

8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

If he can get Game of Thrones season 8 redone, he's got my vote...#RunItBack.

9. dmoneybangbang

You trust RT....? You also trust Chinese news too?

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't trust any of them. lol

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Biden’s going to fall off, people are going to see how much he sucks once he talks in the debates. Centrist will have to hop on the Pete Buttigieg train.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Why do you like him so much?

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don’t, I’m for Bernie/Warren/Tulsi.

Pete is then DNC’s establishment pick, he’s the Biden backup.

sirbaihu likes this.
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It's going to be an interesting war between Harris and Buttigieg for the soul of the souless part of the DNC.

sirbaihu likes this.
  15. biff17

biff17 Member

Dude you were caring an awful lot before he made the cancer comment.

You do know I actually read these threads right?

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I would like your logic on this.. I didn't notice Pete being set up or groomed. Any idea why? I am honestly curious what you've seen that indicates this.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I find it odd that you care so much about whether or not I care... Dude.

18. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Eh, I don't see the 37 year old gay millennial being the establishment pick. He came from out of nowhere by nailing his interviews and town hall moments. If he's being heavily backed by the DNC financially that would be interesting. If you have any links, please share.
    Yeah, he's from Indiana and he talks about faith, but that's about it as far as 'establishment' candidate goes.
    I'm a fan- he's one of the most intelligent political speakers I've ever heard. His extemporaneous political commentary is better than most written speeches.
    That being said, being a gay married millennial is... not your typical US presidential material.

B-Bob likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm on the complete opposite side of the table as you on this.

The establishment left and DNC LOVE identity politics. If we take a look at all the major centrist/establishment candidates this year outside of Biden who has been grandfathered in due to his name recognition, what do we have?

Minority - Harris, Booker, Castro
    Female - Harris, Amy, Gillibrand
    Millennials - Booker, Pete, Castro, Beto
    Gay - Pete

Main candidates over the last 3 elections, Obama and Hillary, a black man and a women.

It's 2019, yes the democratic party will absolutely want a gay millennial as the establishment pick. That's how centrist Dems separate themselves from being centrist Republicans, by being on the right side of social issues like being pro-minority, pro-gay, pro women. I'm not sure why you think the establishment left would be against Pete for being gay or young, as long as he lines up politically with what they want he's perfect for them as a diverse well spoken candidate.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

How the mainstream media treats him has been a pretty clear sign, his political stances (and his lack of political stances).

There was also this from NewYork Times.

That being said, he's still way better than Biden, just because everybody is.

dachuda86 likes this.