1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We gotta stop masking the real problem.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PWR, Jun 16, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So fire morey and mda and keep cp3 LoL

2. likestohypeguy

That's not, entirely true.

[​IMG]

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. sungjina

sungjina Member

Agreed 100%.

We need to ship CP3 out to LA for Kuzma. I know it sounds crazy but Lakers are in win now mode. They've shown they don't care about their future by trading away their young core and all those picks. CP3 could be the point guard they need to make a serious title run next season. And Paul isn't exactly washed up yet, he's just way overpaid. We need his best pal Lebron to get the Lakers to stomach that contract.

I would be devastated if either Clint or Gordon left. I don't care about Gordon shooting 20% from deep in the regular season; this man shows up BIG TIME in the playoffs and that's all that matters.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Counting on a guy to be bought out - and then getting him to come in midseason and play for you for just the remainder of the year for the min... is not a good game plan for filling out your roster and team cohesiveness... lol

Faried and Harrell are certainly interchangeable in the case of MDA's playoff rotation - non-existent...smh...

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

Unfortunately, we don't have any other option. We spend the bulk of our money on CP0 and Draymond's lap dog.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

daywalker02 and snowconeman22 like this.
  7. seeingred

seeingred Member

We're f***ed.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

but Chris Paul's contract is not the reason why we can't win the WCF. I agree that it's a long-term problem, but it's not the reason why we aren't a championship team.

If we can dump CP3 with draft picks, i'm all for it. But otherwise getting rid of Paul will necessitate us taking a step backwards next year. And i just don't see that happening in Harden's prime; at least not before EG's contract is up at the end of the season.

But if we were gonna course correct and plan to reload with a new contending team next year, i'd love to use the opportunity to package EG's expiring contract and CP3 so we could be players in this free agency. there are no good free agents in 2020, so the CP3 move would need to be made this year ...or what's the point of having his cap space available?

BaselineFade likes this.
  9. Raven

Raven Member

Any roster shakeup that doesn't include trading Paul is nibbling around the edges.

amaru likes this.
  10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

That's because CP3 hate is totally passé at this point and there's nothing left to discuss. You're about a month late on the hate train bro.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm not disagreeing with you... my point was CP3's money was all supposed to be 'over the cap'... but then traded away our flexibility to get under the cap and save Tilman some money - so now we're screwed... unless Morey can pull a rabbit outta his hat...

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So you think Chris Paul is the problem and not those dudes back stage that paid him in the first place?

They had the best intentions but it wasn't enough.

Those guys keep giving out questionable contracts....and then regret it the next 1-2 years....

varughese.arun likes this.
  13. riko

riko Member

Morey gambling on the likes of Paul. And Ryno failed but Paul at the time was still looking good. No one could even imagine he would fall so hard.

14. Game7

Game7 Member

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Paul’s injuries are a big problem but I just don’t think Harden ever got out of one man show mode.

This isn’t revisionist history. I remember red nation collectively being relieved when that streak was finally over because it seemed like Harden was pressing to keep it going.

It was great and all but I don’t think he nor the team ever re adjusted to a style of basketball that got more people involved.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, exactly, at the point when he was trying his best to get his streak going, I knew we weren't going to win that championship the last months.

Not enough teamball, it takes 5. And bench.

#56 daywalker02, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  17. varughese.arun

@PWR
    If we are going to keep it real, let's keep it ALL THE WAY REAL... The real REAL problem is not CP3, not Capella, or any of the other pawns.

The real problem is having an OWNER, and a GM who wants to be in the conversations of winning championships, but their primary goal is not to WIN IT ALL. Primary goal is the $.

-Lex Alexander and Morey knew that getting Dantoni to the Rockets would win us a lotta regular season games... they also may have thought Dantoni could get us at least close to the Chip... which was good enough for them.
    Main goal for them was to sell the rockets. So they Win a buncha regular season games, reserve a player spot for a tall asian guy who drives up revenue from china, etc., have the team value inflated, and sell high.
    thats what Les Alexander did w D. Morey.
    Now, even though a new owner is in town, its the same old song. Be in the conversation, get close to the Chip, but dont really care too much if you dont win it.

This is reflected in our style of play it self. EVERYONE IN THE WORLD knows that jacking up only 3s sprinkled with lay-ups and free throws aint gonna get it done. However, that style of play is exciting to watch. James Harden will sacrifice his skills and do everything in his power to win... but all along, the owner and GM knows we aint winning ****... Primary goal is not to win it all.

I believe D. Morey, knew that CP3 is old as **** and not the guy to out us over the edge. D. Morey is a stats guy... its OBVIOUS u dont pay a player for what he WAS WORTH... you pay him for what he IS worth... paying CP3 all that money wasnt bc Morey thought CP3 could win us a Chip, but it def put us in the conversation.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Why talk about a problem we can't fix? We can't move Chris Paul. It's more interesting talking about problems that we have a chance of improving.

19. amaru

amaru Member

We were screwed before the trade deadline. There was nobody they were going to add that could have bolstered our championship dreams after the Butler trade fell through. They were right to get under the line to avoid the repeater tax. I know CF was butthurt about it but it had absolutely no bearing in the Golden State series.

20. amaru

amaru Member

Both of these things are true