1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/MacMahon] 'There's too much damn turmoil': An unsettling vibe surrounds these Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 17, 2019.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm laughing out loud reading Fertitta getting triggered by CH basically

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I believe everything will end up fine. This chaos is a result of the ground shifting underneath everyone's feet with the death of the Warriors dynasty. Everybody knew it was coming, but nobody thought it was going to fall as hard as it did with KD and Klay basically being lost for the entirety of 2019-2020.

Next year is the best chance any team not named the Warriors will have at a title since 2014. And in 2021 that window may shut right back closed if the Warriors pull a T-1000 and reanimate themselves.

Given that, the Rockets have every reason to go full blown mad scientist this offseason in pursuit of the absolute best one-and-done roster they can muster. What doesn't make sense to me is the D'Antoni drama, because going into next season with him as a lame duck undercuts your team's chances and also creates a terrible cost opportunity wherein if the Rockets make the Finals or win it all then D'Antoni will be demanding mega bucks.

Time to either crap or get off the turlet with that.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Article on point. I think that answers a few questions, makes a few points that everyone is going to have to shake hands about.

CP is going to have to say one last time, you gotta participate without the ball and let it the fk go. Frankly, after that god-mode performance from Harden...to use the rematch against the warriors and the leverage of game 6 to bark at Harden says more about CP’s need for drama, need to be “alpha” more than it says about Harden disengaging. Now it’s not right for Harden to disengage either, so his end of the handshake is to add yet another facet to his other-worldly game. Professional effort off-ball. Big hoss, 30 hit me like 10 tons of bricks so running to the corner and letting your team work for you on occasion, being the guy who can hit open shots, catch and shoot or lord-have-mercy catching defenses asleep on back cuts is ONLY going to benefit you, your stamina, your perception...no I take that back, it will benefit the entire squad.

Long story short, CP you’re #2 and stfu already because the source of this tension is clear as day. On the court and off (contract). Harden, trust your teammates by showing them the same effort they show you during the 75% of the game that’s your show. That’s what a leader does.

Morey with the “it’s on me” for the luxury tax avoidance, with reasonable and pretty clear explanation. Tillman doing everything this city would want him to do, brash, bold statements, being transparent. People just mad, CF just up in its feelings because grown folks with keyboards can’t handle it I guess. Like a weird, obviously counterproductive therapy group or something. Big shrug on that one.

MDA just happy to be here :) lol...

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Loud vibes from Tilman and Morey for sure.

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

That's pretty much it. One guy has insight and will, but the other has the ability. They have to work it out.

6. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

D’Antoni sucks aids infested dick at coaching. And if he didn’t this would never be this bad.

lilbird20 and lw17 like this.
  7. Jay Craft

Jay Craft Member

I don't like these type of Fireworks..

robgue, HP3, Amel and 3 others like this.
  8. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Harden is a loser man. What a shame because he is good and talented as ****.

But I’ve always thought his laziness, selfishness, and low bbiq moves due to those things limited his impact.

Even last year on the loaded team, Hardens on-court net rating was just modest and below +10.

CP3’s was at a ridiculous +14(meaning his lineups would outscore other teams by that much per 100), on the shoddy clippers in 2017.

What do I think that means? One knows how to maximize winning by competing on every possession. The other doesn’t.

Also, D’Antoni is EASILY one of the worst coaches in the NBA. Actually the Harden of coaches. Except he has no talent.

If James Harden was 5’10 with no skills and had the same low bbiq instincts he’d be the D’Antoni of players.

NickKent, lw17 and Mr. Clutch like this.
  9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It does feel like the ESPN brass are besides themselves hoping for more struggles coming out of Houston. Northeasterners LOVE to hate this city.

JoeBarelyCares and HTownTmac1 like this.
  10. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

I believe Harden wants to win just like most NBA stars but he ONLY wants to win under hiw own terms and his own style of play. So in that way it seems like winning at all costs is not a priority for him. he would rather stat pad and win regular season MVP's (personal achievements) than win a ring

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I really want to see how Harden plays this summer with Team USA. Let's see if he plays the same exact style on that team. I doubt it as I believe the coaches on team USA just won't let him and will make him move without the ball.

saleem likes this.
  12. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

I love CP3 telling D’Antoni to keep his ass on the bench in the RS.

I made a thread about how bad Harden was and how good CP3 was playing around that time.

It says a lot about Harden that he’d rather force his way onto the court than stop chucking and run the offense.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nook and Matt78777 like this.
  14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What about the playoffs?

Denovo and HP3 like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey said either 3rd star or Midlevel player.....that is a huge Difference.

And what can be concluded is that the star player they seek is in high demand somewhere else too.

saleem likes this.
  16. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i call bull $hit

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

lets hope that its a 3rd star then lol

Denovo likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

well all be able to see the truth in the coming months

tc0330 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nice analogies though.....I would give MDA a little bit more credit for Phoenix, New York and these years in Houston.

lw17 likes this.
  20. amaru

amaru Member

I get both Paul and Harden’s POV. Paul wants more set plays and ball movement because he can’t isolate anymore. James is frustrated that Paul is complaining because he can no longer beat his man off the dribble or even hold on to the ball (as evidenced by a 1.9 assist to turnover ratio).

This could all be smoothed over with strong coaching. Unfortunately, coaching isn’t our head coach’s strong suit.