1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cal you're on the clock and we're watching.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jun 14, 2019.

?

Who should Cal hire as GM?

1. Caserio (NE)

2. Paton (MIN)

3. Wolf (CLE)

4. Highsmith (CLE)

5. Borgonzi (KC)

6. Manning

7. None of the Above

8. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mattician

Mattician Member

Sell the team. This organization has cared more about building a good enough to team fill seats than winning.

lw17 and raining threes like this.
  2. raining threes

I would rather not have a franchise, than have this embarrassment of a franchise. Should've just kept the Oilers and waited on Bud to die.

3. raining threes

They've made about 3 billion using this philosophy. So it's worked out quite well for the McNair's.

UTSA2step likes this.
  4. Mattician

Mattician Member

Yeah, for the McNair family. Why should the fans care about how much money they're making?

What has that gotten the fans? Three wild card game wins and two one and done losses.

#24 Mattician, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Nook and raining threes like this.
  5. raining threes

A man who gets it.

Nook likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

That's a little extreme.

7. raining threes

The truth sometimes is a little extreme.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

The fans can vote with ticket sales and they buy every available ticket so, we are stuck with the current ownership. Cal is not on the clock.

Nook, UTSA2step and raining threes like this.
  9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Say what you will about the Texans, the FO, and the embarassment. But don't you dare wish away football in Houston. That was a really shtty time. cmon now. Go be a Lions, Bengals, Buccs fan. This all sucks, but that is just too much..

10. raining threes

I would rather have no professional football than mediocre football and dont understand why people either are accepting of mediocrity or just dont seem to care what the crappy owner throws out on the field every year as long as they've got a professional team and are able to eat some bbq and drink some beer at the tailgate parties.

11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I completely agree this sucks, embarrassing, stupid.. But no, I don't wish away football.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

There is no clock for owners. Coaches and GM's, well sure. But, the owner doesn't have to worry about any clock.

I'm not as frustrated with the Texans as some of you people. I don't like O'Brien, and I would like to see the Texans do better. But, I'm not going to stop following the team. I'm going to continue to support all the Houston teams.

I don't take sports nearly as seriously as I did when I was younger. It's just entertainment. It's just a diversion.

I remember those years with no NFL in Houston. That was no fun. I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. Not too worried about who the next GM will be.

stevel likes this.
  13. raining threes

I can respect this, but I'm wired differently.

Imagine if NFL fans everywhere had my thought process, things would definitely be better for the fans and the on field product.

No Mr. owner we aren't going to pay more for your tickets unless you try to get the best players possible on your team and you can forget about taxpayer funded playpens.

houstonstime likes this.
  14. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

Thank you. We’re spectators and this guy is talking like he’s on the Board of Trustees. Arm-chair front office executives are at it again.

Then he said he wants someone with a proven track record. But then said he doesn’t want Caserio because he doesn’t like New England. And then compares New England to Golden State when their true counterpart is the San Antonio Spurs. This guy is funny.

15. raining threes

Fortunate to have a mediocre at best franchise, while the owner makes BILLIONS off of fans with your mindset?

Fortunate isn't the word I would call any fan or the city in general when it comes to the ownership of this franchise. In fact I can make a case that Adams was a better owner than the McNair's have been.

16. raining threes

True and most of the fanbase wouldn't know what a football looks like or what a firstdown is. But they do love their beer, bbq, tailgaiting and soccer.

17. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

I don’t disagree. The Oilers had pros like Mike Holovak running the front office and a group of scouts that were an envy of the league. That all being said, and with the Oilers now in Tennessee, I’d still rather have a team than no team at all.

raining threes likes this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Cal doesn't seem to talk much

19. Buck Turgidson

I hope he carries a big stick when it comes to management decisions.

20. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

This made me laugh out loud!