1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Anthony Davis traded to Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

If they add a Kemba or another elite or even solid guard....Rocket fans may be in trouble. I'm just glad it's not GS

Sajan likes this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

This trade has the potential to become one of the worst trade of all time- a repeat of Billy King's Brooklyn.

Still waiting to see clarifications on the pick protections.

Patience, King1 and BigShasta like this.
  3. TheresTheDagger

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Will it still be a bad trade when AD misses his normal 20 games a season?

malakas likes this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

"In addition, the language in the deal concerning the future first-round picks includes the possibility of a pick swap that could make the trade even more advantageous to the Pelicans, league sources said."

The Lakers' won't be able to improve, correct or add to their roster with a first round pick for the rest of Lebron's carreer.
    The margin of error is extremely small especially with such injury prone players.

BigShasta likes this.
  7. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

LeBron has about 2 or 3 more years of being elite. Could be wrong but the game is just so physical and these kids coming in can ball

malakas likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Yes.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Yup, they can add another player to go with LeBron, Davis and Kuzma.... that could be Butler or Leonard or KD or Kyrie or someone else. Either way they will have 3 stars plus Kuzma... having a completely incompetent front office at the end didn’t matter much.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sounds like they are getting the chance to swap some future picks with the Lakers ones, at some point Lebron will age and for all we know there's no guarantee they will be so good after he's done.

11. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Can't wait for Morey to make the roster even worse.

12. malakas

malakas Member

The 3 picks on themselves are a sunk cost but the problem is that due to the Stepien rule they won't be able to use them as assets for the rest of Lebron's contending years to fix their roster.

One single bad contract and they will have no means to get out of it.
    A new built team like this, it is a given that it will need many January trades to fix some holes but there is only Kuzma as an asset to use.

BigMaloe, mikol13, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

AD is anything, but... He almost single-handedly decimated the Trailblazers in the playoffs, while the Dubs were having their struggles with him.

I'm not sure, if they win a championship , but I trust AD/Kuz/LBJ with pretty much anyone else more than say the Trailblazers, Nuggets, or OKC. I cannot picture any of these 3 in the NBA Finals. If the Lakers don't pan out or fall early, due to injuries or upset. I like our chances without any significant.

Things cannot get better unless KD leaves for NYC.

14. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Might as well say rest of the NBA too. Lakers just became the most interesting team to watch in the league.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member

This was most obvious move of summer.

Part 2 is kawhi goimg to clippers?

*disclaimer does this put lakers in running for kawhi?*

We all knew lebron couldnt do it by self and now they can go for it as expected with gsw taking a step back.

The more interesting news to me is presumably lakers now have davis for rest of career relatively young..
    Lakers were bad for minute there.
    Rich get richer i wonder how you feel if you are a sacramento or an orlando or Charlotte or in this case new orleans .You suck perpetually only to serve as a farm team feeder for lakers and similar.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  16. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I’m going to miss having the Lakers as the laughing stock of the NBA, it was fun while it lasted.

smp, IBTL and plutoblue11 like this.
  17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

For who the Lakers lol. The finna win a chip...how is that bad. I'm lost with some of these takes. We havent won in 25 years so having picks n young guys dont mean anything

18. PatBev

PatBev Member

Ohhhh I can’t wait to see Shannon Sharpe on Monday

Dudes gonna be drinking straight henny and smoking milds on tv

mikol13, JumpMan, J.R. and 1 other person like this.
  19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Na Lakers been bad for a long time now. I think they paid the price. There brand took a hit..a big one

IBTL likes this.
  20. MD_in_Training

It is what it is. As much as I hate it, it does look like people like stars and superteams. From a financial perspective, it may not be all that bad for small teams to send their talent to big markets to get overall ratings up for the league. Once ratings are up, you get big TV deals which props up the value of the small market teams. Sucks for fans but it works for owners.

IBTL likes this.