1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mr trump Tells ABC News "It’s not an interference. They have information. I think I’d take it."

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Jun 13, 2019.

1. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

2. quikkag

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The answer is impeachment

Now.

Rashmon and CometsWin like this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]RT can be included and put down in the lower boxes lol. Also TYT is fair? I would put CNN AND TYT in the orange or red box at this point. Also the Guardian which should be further left and much lower in the danger boxes. Tons of problems with this chart. What is the maker's bias?

cml750 likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

“Opposing points of view?” What opposing points of view? You don’t give your own opinions. You cut and paste articles and columns supporting trump, regardless of what trump says, regardless of how astonishingly damaging it is to our country, our institutions, our rules of law. Some of those sources are clearly absurd, and when asked to give your own opinion, you say nothing. This post is an outlier, and what does it say? “Don’t know why folks are so threatened by opposing points of view.” You don’t give your own point of view. Again, you cut and paste “points of view” from others.

Threatened? Our country is being led by a madman openly declaring to the world that he will accept “dirt” from a foreign power if it helps his campaign. He lies when saying, “Everyone does it,” then hedges on whether he would tell the FBI, and besides, he says, “They don’t have enough agents,” as if they wouldn’t have enough agents to handle such a task if asked by the “president of the United States,” or anyone else. Americans shouldn’t feel threatened by his actions, and inaction when it comes to stopping Russian interference with our elections, interference designed to help him? That shouldn’t be considered a threat? You can’t possibly be serious! Where on earth to you get your news? The Babylon Bee?

Of course we should feel threatened by trump. He is inviting, and has openly invited before in 2016, help by Russia with his campaign! That doesn’t seem like a threat to you? A threat to our democracy? Are you that besotted by trump that it doesn’t matter what the man says, and what the man does? I am astonished.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I would like to know why you think this is a threat to our democracy. Could you explain your position?

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dachuda, please tell me you are kidding. Look at my posts. Actually read them. I’m not about to repeat myself. I make it clear why his actions, and deliberate inaction, are a threat. Multiple times in several threads. Not just here.

mdrowe00, quikkag and dobro1229 like this.
  8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Let's find things we can ALL agree on :)

Trump lies.
    American voters are not stupid.
    Americans like to talk about "the free market."
    We are not afraid of Russia.
    America has a very long and successful track record of interfering in other countries' elections.
    America is now "interfering" (at war) in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Libya, Niger.
    https://news.vice.com/en_us/article...nowledges-the-us-is-at-war-in-seven-countries
    Many Americans want to "interfere" with Iran really bad.
    We Americans feel our way is the best.
    We try to critique other countries' elections while doubting the integrity of our own.
    Our defense budget is over $700,000,000,000 (a year).
    America is the world's biggest producer of weapons.
    We as individuals do not want to kill any human.
    Americans should not be killers.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We are not one track minded humans. We can be worried about our military industrial complex and Trump having no qualms breaking laws.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I agree! This is going great so far!

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You have to be joking. How in the world are we supposed to think we MIGHT be having an objective and constructive debate with you when you seriously post this.

There is nothing more important to maintaining a real democracy than upholding free and fair elections. The president of the United States is openly welcoming foreign adversaries to hack and meddle in our election to benefit him politically so he can stay in power. It’s in his own words and cannot be any clearer.

At the same time his minions in Congress and his AG are working overtime to ensure no new steps are taken to protect our elections. No one has done more here than Mitch McConnell who refuses to bring legislation to even a floor vote that is designed to further secure our elections.

Wake the F up dude unless you are just a pure partisan hack trying to pull our chains (about 95% likely). What Trump is inviting and what the GOP is openly refusing to police could completely destroy our democratic process.

CometsWin and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. quikkag

There are a number of news sources I see referenced that do not appear on this chart. The last update was Aug 18, so perhaps these sources were not substantial at the time. Perhaps they aren't substantial now.

I'm unfamiliar with TYT, but it does straddle Fair Interpretations of the News and Extreme/Unfair interpretations. CNN orange or red? Really? The Guardian misplaced? Really? Maker's bias? The curators of this chart explain on their site their process of objective analysis. They are strictly clinical. What you are illustrating is your critique (shifts between Aug 2018 and now notwithstanding) is your bias. What I find notable is the apparent effect of Shep Smith and Chris Wallace to give Fox a toehold on the corner or Fair Interpretations.

Astrodome and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

14. dobro1229

Some might even argue that the blatant rigging of the Census is an even bigger threat to our Democracy Dasch.

Again I cannot believe that this question was asked in good faith. No way you are seriously trying to debate the complete existential threat to Democracy that the Trump regime holds.

If you want to vote for Trump in 2020 with the obvious realization of what his regime represents (drastic move towards autocracy where the minority rule the majority) then fine, but don’t sit here and act like you are oblivious to the facts smacking us all in the face.

#134 dobro1229, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Deckard, JayGoogle and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. dobro1229

An important time to note that this is bigger than Donald Trump and he should not be the only figure to be targeted for trying to rig the system. Mitch McConnell is arguably more responsible for the blatant power grabs to push towards autocracy and minority rule.

Democracy dies at Mitch McConnells desk more than anywhere else.

#135 dobro1229, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Rashmon, Deckard, foh and 5 others like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Every Vile and unethical thing that Trump does or says he would do
    is something that his base would do.

Which is why they should never be trusted,
    They will sell out America for their own agendas and enrichment
    They are not WITH US . . . . . they only with us when it serves them

Rocket River

Rashmon and CometsWin like this.
  18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

speech is speech, of course you can take any information

Hillary not only took information from foreigners (the Brit Steele and his Russian contacts), she solicited it and paid for it. Something Trump never did.

cml750 and MojoMan like this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know the difference has been shown to you multiple times.

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It could not be any more clear what the difference is.

cml750 likes this.