1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chance of War with Iran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2019.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Can you post a link to Iran's threats? Realjad said the same thing and failed to provide any link when asked.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Now we see that Sweet Lou 4 2 posts fake news (pro-war fake news) and then runs away when challenged on it.

Astrodome likes this.
  3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If Iran's oil exports are cut off, as they would be by starting a war they would inevitably lose, their nation would fail and their population would starve
    I dunno, seems counter to their interests.

Could they be perpetrating a small example of the possibilities if sanctions cripple their income? I guess.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Since Sweet Lou 4 2 and Realjad have failed to support their pro-war fake news, let's continue where we left off when they regurgitated. . . .

OMG. Iran was seen supposedly taking a mine OFF a ship!
    WHY did they not just leave "the mine" on there forever?
    Thank God the USS Bainbridge didn't try to remove "the mine," coz that would have proved the US put it on there, right? If the shipping company removed it, then obviously they planted "the mine."

But "On Friday, the president of the Japanese shipping company that owns the Kokuka Courageous held a press conference in Tokyo, in which he denied that a mine had been used in the tanker attack.
    The President of Kokuka Sangyo Marine, Yutaka Katada, said he believed there was "no possibility of mine attack" owing to the attack being "well above the naval line."
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/13/politics/us-images-iranian-boat-removing-mine/index.html

I wish the (Japanese) owner of the ship would shut up, don't you?

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This article quotes Pompeo referencing an April 22 threat to interrupt the flow of oil through the Strait of Hormuz. That's the only threat he cites. https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/pompeo-tanker-attacks-fulfill-iranian-promise

So, I searched for a contemporaneous article using Iran and Strait of Hormuz as keywords, and found this: https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/w...us-over-threat-to-close-the-strait-of-hormuz/

That article quotes the Iran Foreign Minister responding to threats by Trump to close the Strait of Hormuz saying essentially that they would fight to keep it open.

This sounds like yellow cake all over again.The Trump Administration is trying to gin up a war against Iran, so they act belligerently and then quote Iran's reaction out-of-context to say that they're being provocative. It's bullshit. Whether Iran attacked those ships or not, Pompeo saying that Iran routinely threatens to disrupt the oil trade is a dangerous lie. Somebody find some legit reporting of an actual threat from Iran to do this, or don't reference it again.

mikol13, CometsWin, ryan_98 and 6 others like this.
  6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Thank you for good posting!

I went to your first link.

On April 22, Iran promised the world that it would interrupt the flow of oil through the Strait of Hormuz. It is now working to execute on that promise, says Pompeo.
    Pompeo is a publicly-admitted liar.

I checked on April 22. Oh, Iran said if they are prevented from using the strait, then no one else can.

Iran will close the Strait of Hormuz, a waterway vital for global oil shipments, if the country is prevented from using it, a senior military official said on Monday in what appears to be a response to the U.S. plan to end waivers on Iranian oil exports.

“If we are prevented from using it, we will close it,” the state-run Fars news agency reported, citing Alireza Tangsiri, head of the Revolutionary Guard Corps navy force. “In the event of any threats, we will not have the slightest hesitation to protect and defend Iran’s waterway.”
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...lose-strait-of-hormuz-if-it-can-t-use-it-fars

Why we are messing with Iran's free trade is another question. . . . But anyway! They are using the strait and love to keep it open! Except that the U.S. threatens to close it. . . .

“It is in our vital national security interest to keep the Persian Gulf open, to keep the Strait of Hormuz open. We have done that in the past and we will continue to do that in the future,” Zarif said. “But the US should know that when they enter the Strait of Hormuz, they have to talk to those protecting [it] — and that is the Iranian Revolutionary Guards.”
    [your second link]​

7. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

Come on, now...

...that's not the unscientific method we use around here anymore....

...you know how this works: you can tell any lie you want as often and as loud as you want...and it's on everybody else to prove it's a lie because if you don't let people tell a lie then you're robbing them of their free speech rights...:)

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’m surprised that we couldn’t come up with a better quality video than what I’ve seen of an “Iranian patrol boat” supposedly taking away “evidence” in broad daylight. Hell, a commercial drone you could buy at Fry’s could have gotten that in high definition. We could have produced better video with a flyover by a Navy jet at the beginning of the Vietnam War. Seems suspicious to me.

ryan_98, edwardc and sirbaihu like this.
  9. edwardc

edwardc Member

At this point the chances look as if there will be some kind of conflict.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

OMG OMG: look how evil Iran violently interrogates the ship's hostage-crew, who are clearly doped up on Muslim hashishkebab.

12. WNBA

WNBA Member

the drone hit the boat and captured the video of Iran rescue boat.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

LOL Trump really dun wanna git indicted.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Why does the Pentagon "believe" the crew were detained? They don't "know"? Why don't they just watch this video? Ohhh, it's probably a deepfake video, Guys! Damn Walt Disney.

(Yes it's the same video as before.)

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The one area where McCain and Trump agree.

mdrowe00, FranchiseBlade and sirbaihu like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What I don't understand is how the tanker crew would not notice a patrol boat on its side.

Is it possible that Iran is behind the attacks? Absolutely - they did say they would close the straight down and have been a known sponsor of such acts in the past. There is the incentive of scaring the world that a war with Iran could destabilize the oil flow from the region.

At the same time, why would Iran attack ships and try to disavow responsibility? It may be possible in their calculus the US doesn't have the stomach for a real war and thus don't mind the escalation. Iran has been backed into a desperate corner.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

What corner?
    Who backed them into it?
    Desperate in what sense?

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

False flag bullshit.

Torn n Frayed and sirbaihu like this.
  20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member