1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: Klay Thompson tore ACL

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 14, 2019.

1. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

The Lakers probably had Durant and Klay as a distant possibility but that’s over now.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Chris Paul for Steph Curry or Draymond to initiate the Warriors rebuild.

hakeem94 and Pringles like this.
  3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

As they say, karma can be a biatch. Next year maybe they won't be quite so damn smug.

And we'll see how good a coach Kerr really is.

4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

That landing looked awkward when it happened. The only reason they were lucky enough to have the cap room to get Durant was Steph was coming off that injury when his rookie deal expired and they got him for a less than max deal. I am somewhat surprised it wasn't Steph and his paper ankles that broke down first.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I feel bad for Klay, don't feel bad for the Warriors because they let it happened. Durant and Klay were playing injured this playoff series. All the Warriors had to do was don't put the jerseys on the rack, clean their lockers to force them not to play. Did the GM cry again?!?!?!? Don't feel sorry for Curry, he now has the chance to be MVP for next season. I want to see what Vegas has on the Warriors for next season?!?!?!?!? The Pelicans should have better odds than SF Warriors.

6. BigTex

BigTex Member

Is he still gonna be in Space Jam?

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Who were those passionate/loyal/LOUD fans when they beat the Mavs as an 8 seed?

Oakland has always had a very strong following for the NBA team... good or bad. In many ways, this dynasty was further popularized because the team was quite beloved to begin with (as opposed to some of the diehard Cavs or even new Celtics fans that have come/gone/come/gone again).

Ziggy likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Durant can opt in for 31.5m

DD

hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  10. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

The problem is that if the Lakers land AD and sign another player(s), they will be quite formidable.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's almost like karma or something caught up to them after realising they were on the winning end of facing decimated teams throughout their dynasty.

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Man why'd you have to post that. I'm several drinks down on this Friday night down under having the time of my life laughing at the Warriors.

And now i'm just straight pissed off,

thedreamsteam likes this.
  14. edwardc

edwardc Member

I kinda feel bad for him but he's a 3 time champ so it's time for him to go get his money.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don’t wish an injury on anyone. OK, I would have loved to see one of our guys level Green during our series with Oakland, maybe knock some of his teeth out, but with that exception, I hate seeing serious injuries to any player on any team. I’m still upset about what happened to Durant, which was caused by a wildly irresponsible Oakland coach and medical staff allowing the guy to play.

Having said that, I haven’t forgotten Game 1, especially the first half. Thompson, as is clearly shown in the video Rocket_Man_2.0 posted (which I had seen before, more than once - spoilered below for emphasis), undercut Harden not once, not twice, but 3 times in the first half alone. Once might have been excused as accidental, but didn’t appear “accidental” at all. Three fouls undercutting him, all on 3 point attempts, and after it became clear that the refs were inexplicably not calling fouls on what were actually flagrant? They were clearly deliberate by Thompson without regard to the possibility injuring Harden. That James wasn’t seriously injured was more sheer luck than anything else.

Karma has a way of biting you in the ass.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

GSW has been the luckiest team, injury wise, for the past few years and boom. Amazing to see two major injuries in the span of back to back NBA final games.

17. lurgar

lurgar Member

I keep wondering if Harden went down with a major injury if Warrior fans (or fans of other teams) would feel any sympathy. Then I remember Harden being intentionally hurt this year, having people boo him, then making fun of how he looked later. I just can't have that much sympathy.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I called this in the game thread and the usual assholes piled on

19. Nook

Nook Member

Not the people sitting in the Oracle on Thursday.

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

#karma

hakeem94 likes this.