1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mr trump Tells ABC News "It’s not an interference. They have information. I think I’d take it."

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hard to find an alternate view on NPR or MSNBC :(

Amiga likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's all well and good but you can't argue that Hillary didn't receive classified information illegally from known traitor and spy Ben Ghazi directly from the Kremlin.

fchowd0311 and NewRoxFan like this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

I wouldn’t at all put those two in the same bucket. And yes, alt views do exists on many of the npr excellent programs that go into more in depth discussions.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Remember kids: use ex-British spies as an intermediary for obtaining political dirt from Russians.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

what party is that?

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Yes, it's hard to find an alternative view that a crime is not a crime

quikkag likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

little cranky this morning? I didn't think you were a Dubs fan

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The one that you have decided to TRUMPet. When you start posting from the nut-wing part of the Republican party, you have to own it. You are no longer a troll playing an experiment just to provoke discussion.

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol that's rich :D

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

to what crime do you refer?

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

False, false.
    I dont deny supporting this president and i also dont defend every move.

TRUMP 2020

Nook likes this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is the issue obtaining dirt from a foreign source or obtaining dirt from a foreign adversary? What does the law say, if anything?

And even if you receive dirt from a local source, how do you know that source isn’t a foreign agent or didn’t receive the info from a foreign agent? How much responsibility does one have to investigate this first?

It seems like there is an easy way to get around this rule of not accepting info from a forgein party that could be trying to influence the election.

Maybe campaigns should just desist from tying to dig up dirt on opponents, and let that be the job of the press.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

quikkag likes this.
  15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I see The Schoolmarm is in session!
    Hey SweetLou, would you mind backing up your fake news about Iran's threats to disrupt the oil supply, with a link to a direct quotation? That's over in the other thread that you're avoiding.

Sucks that Bezos owns the Washington Post and also has a $600 million contract with the CIA. Isn't that one of your main regurgitants?

Amazon has actually already offered a top-secret region since 2014. That service is a cloud offering Amazon built specifically for the US intelligence community as part of a $600 million deal. The new Secret Region is an extension of the same Amazon-CIA arrangement.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-web-services-launches-secret-region-2017-11

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

haha. no its not. nor should it be. Your link doesn't say that at all.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

“Contribution” seems pretty vague. Is advice on foreign policy also considered a contribution?

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

quikkag likes this.
  19. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

The founder was extremely concern about corrupt foreign influence. They added a whole section in the Constitution. Thou shall not receive anything of any value from any foreign body. Something to that effect. And Washington in his farewell address pointed out the danger of politic leading to corrupt foreign influence.

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

https://www.constitutionfacts.com/us-founding-fathers/george-washingtons-farewell-address/

This spirit, unfortunately, is inseparable from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human mind. It exists under different shapes in all governments, more or less stifled, controlled, or repressed; but, in those of the popular form, it is seen in its greatest rankness, and is truly their worst enemy.

The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has

perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries which result gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of public liberty.

Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight), the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it. It serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which finds a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

As avenues to foreign influence in innumerable ways, such attachments are particularly alarming to the truly enlightened and independent patriot. How many opportunities do they afford to tamper with domestic factions, to practice the arts of seduction, to mislead public opinion, to influence or awe the public councils. Such an attachment of a small or weak towards a great and powerful nation dooms the former to be the satellite of the latter.

Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence (I conjure you to believe me, fellow- citizens) the jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly awake, since history and experience prove that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of republican government. But that jealousy to be useful must be impartial; else it becomes the instrument of the very influence to be avoided, instead of a defense against it. Excessive

partiality for one foreign nation and excessive dislike of another cause those whom they actuate to see danger only on one side, and serve to veil and even second the arts of influence on the other. Real patriots who may resist the intrigues of the favorite are liable to become suspected and odious, while its tools and dupes usurp the applause and confidence of the people, to surrender their interests.

The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible. So far as we have already formed engagements, let them be fulfilled with perfect good faith. Here let us stop. Europe has a set of primary interests which to us have none; or a very remote relation. Hence she must be engaged in frequent controversies, the causes of which are essentially foreign to our concerns. Hence, therefore, it must be unwise in us to implicate ourselves by artificial ties in the ordinary vicissitudes of her politics, or the ordinary combinations and collisions of her friendships or enmities.

Our detached and distant situation invites and enables us to pursue a different course. If we remain one people under an efficient government. the period is not far off when we may defy material injury from external annoyance; when we may take such an attitude as will cause the neutrality we may at any time resolve upon to be scrupulously respected; when belligerent nations, under the impossibility of making acquisitions upon us, will not lightly hazard the giving us provocation; when we may choose peace or war, as our interest, guided by justice, shall counsel.

Why forego the advantages of so peculiar a situation? Why quit our own to stand upon foreign ground? Why, by interweaving our destiny with that of any part of Europe, entangle our peace and prosperity in the toils of European ambition, rivalship, interest, humor or caprice?

It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world; so far, I mean, as we are now at liberty to do it; for let me not be understood as capable of patronizing infidelity to existing engagements. I hold the maxim no less applicable to public than to private affairs, that honesty is always the best policy. I repeat it, therefore, let those engagements be observed in their genuine sense. But, in my opinion, it is unnecessary and would be unwise to extend them.

quikkag likes this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I missed the part where Britain has nukes pointed at us right now, and wants to destroy our democracy.

Also important note that the only person who actually did anything with the Dossier intel was Lindsay Graham (A Republican) who admitted to giving personally to the FBI on behalf of John McCain. The FBI had the Dossier, and evaluated it because of two Republicans... not because of Hillary Clinton who never once used any salacious Dossier intel on the campaign trail.

The Dossier was also originally funded by a Republican before the DNC took over funding.

Get your facts straight please... the Dossier whataboutism is so tired, and such a lame response. Might as well bring up Benghazi or Uranium One too while you are at it if you are going to be such a lazy defender. It's like you guys aren't even trying anymore. Just say I dont give a crap about anything Trump does, or did... I'm in the cult, and hate Democrats enough to stick with him till the end. Just have some balls and say that.

#80 dobro1229, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    RocketWalta and quikkag like this.