1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Mr trump Tells ABC News "It’s not an interference. They have information. I think I’d take it."

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This interview by George Stephanopoulos of ABC News is an outright confession by Mr trump that he would accept information about his opponent from a foreign country to use in his campaign. Besides his confession, the interview is literally filled with lies from trump. Below the actual interview, which everyone should watch, in my opinion, is the text of what is said, which I got from The Guardian.

From The Guardian:

Did we really learn nothing from that whole Trump Tower to-do with Russia in 2016? In an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, the president admitted that he would accept information on a political opponent from a foreign government.

“It’s not an interference, they have information - I think I’d take it,” President Trump said. “If I thought there was something wrong, I’d go maybe to the FBI - if I thought there was something wrong. But when somebody comes up with oppo research, right, they come up with oppo research, ‘oh let’s call the FBI.’ The FBI doesn’t have enough agents to take care of it. When you go and talk, honestly, to congressman, they all do it, they always have, and that’s the way it is. It’s called oppo research.”

Stephanopoulos asked about Donald Trump Jr. and the regretable role he played in the Trump Tower meeting in June 2016. He asked if Trump’s son should have brought the Russians’ offer for “dirt” on Hillary Clinton to the FBI.

“Somebody comes up and says, ‘hey, I have information on your opponent,’ do you call the FBI?” Trump responded.

“I’ll tell you what, I’ve seen a lot of things over my life. I don’t think in my whole life I’ve ever called the FBI. In my whole life. You don’t call the FBI. You throw somebody out of your office, you do whatever you do,” Trump continued. “Oh, give me a break – life doesn’t work that way.”

“The FBI director said that is what should happen,” Stephanopoulos replied. (During congressional testimony last month, FBI director Christopher Wray told lawmakers “the FBI would want to know about” any foreign election meddling).

“The FBI director is wrong, because frankly it doesn’t happen like that in life,” Trump said. “Now maybe it will start happening, maybe today you’d think differently.”

The full interview is set to air on ABC next week.

quikkag and RayRay10 like this.
  2. adoo

adoo Member

lock traitor trump up !

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Trump only sees red and blue. Well, orange.

He doesn't get it: you shouldn't accept things of value from foreign agents. If it were a gold statue, he would get it. But if it's about political enemies, it's just personal (self-centered) to him.

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

He remains unqualified, unfit, and unsound to be president. Must be Thursday.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

#HisSupportersDontCare

6. adoo

adoo Member

Trump's message to the rest of the world,

no collusion in 2016,
    but i am open for collusion for 2020​

quikkag likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Which is no excuse. Personally, I think he "gets" plenty. Mr trump thinks that he can get away with anything. Any lie, any bending of the rules. Any law he breaks. He's been busy doing all those things.

It's astonishing. It's far too easy to become numb to what trump does. Easy and very dangerous.

quikkag likes this.
  8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's his psychological disorder talking. It seems like his sociopathy prevents him from caring about the implications of this stance.

quikkag, RayRay10 and Andre0087 like this.
  9. biff17

biff17 Member

I think he just likes to stir the pot and win the news cycle.

He is also saying so many outrageous things so that people get numb and just start tuning things out.

IBTL likes this.
  10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Almost every day I'm amazed anew that nearly half the country thought this circus clown was the best that we had to offer.

quikkag, Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Something like this has been said for years.

Also the “what if Obama said that?” None of it seems to matter to a segment of the population. Because if in fact Obama did say some of these things he would have been hung from a tree in the whitehouse lawn. That’s hyperbole, but something like it would be true.

It’s disgusting and one day a lot of these people will be embarrassed that they supported this absolute Buffon.

quikkag and RayRay10 like this.
  12. biff17

biff17 Member

It's working for him.

He has said done so many outrageous things that people don't notice anymore or realize it does not matter to their day to day life.

The fact that he said this should be disqualifying but it's all just white noise now.

peleincubus and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It's keeping people from looking too hard at the bullshit Iran "attack" story, anyway.

14. dmoneybangbang

Or at the bare minimum, still support this type of behavior after 2 years

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Watching Trump pundits and Fox News hosts playing the most absurd mental gymnastics over Trump's ABC interview is depressing yet hilarious.

Laura Ingram's angle of defense?: Who allowed Trump to be in an interview with George Stephanopoulos?

She's basically implying that Trump is to stupid to be in an interview with someone who might ask challenging questions.

Also Nancy Pelosi is an establishment hack who will never take a risk based on principle. It's time for impeachment hearings Nancy.

krosfyah, quikkag and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Person who heads the Federal Elections Commission...

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The proper way to do it is to fund the misinformation from a foreign country then use that misinformation to open an investigation into polictical rivals.

Amirite?

Pistol Pete and TheresTheDagger like this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What are your thoughts on Christopher Steele? Do you think he's a foreign adversary to American interests akin to the Putin regime? And was the British government sponsering Steele?

Also what are your thoughts on the British and US intelligence services often cooperating and sharing information? Do you believe the UK to be an advasary to US foreign interests similar to the Russian government?

Also what are your thoughts of Steele reporting his found information to the FBI unlike what Trump did when his son got an email with a subject line explicitly stating Russian help in the election?

20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

No, #RunItBack...