1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chance of War with Iran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2019.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

When is US media going to report on the source of funds of Trump's golf course partner in the Middle East?

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Vote bernie... lol Free ice cream for everyone!

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Yeah, we are America the Rich, but too poor for National Health for All, Free Four year public college etc. About other 20 top countries can afford it, but we are too poor. Not too poor to equal the military expenses of roughly the next 10 countries.

Please explain if you can get beyond your ice cream meme.

5. Buck Turgidson

You forgot Afghanistan

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Free your brain from the generalized BS you take in from politicians, all of them and this includes Bernie, and we can go beyond memes.

7. NewRoxFan

U.S. prepared to engage with Iran without pre-conditions: Pompeo
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...n-without-pre-conditions-pompeo-idUSKCN1T30DT

8. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

A 180 degree turn. Not too surprising. Trump like to burn down things, put on pressure, then start over because every existing or past deals were the dumbest deal ever in history and only he can have the best and greatest deals ever. It’s a nutty strategy that has so far seen zero success from pulling out of the Asian free trade pact, to nafta, to nuclear deal with Iran to the paris accord.

Good chances it will continue to fail given the man himself and the people he surround himself.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I actually felt this way before Gulf War 1 , but some stuff happened since then

10. NewRoxFan

Seems more and more people, here in the United States and outside the country are seeing trump as a blowhard and calling his bluffs.

11. NewRoxFan

12. HTM

HTM Member

Man, I really hope we do not go to war with Iran. What even is best case scenario outcome?

Torn n Frayed, B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Someone is attacking those tankers and it can't be the government of Iran. They wouldn't be that stupid and have nothing to gain. So who has something to gain? If the tankers are hitting mines (likely) or if they were hit by torpedoes (unlikely), the obvious culprit would be a submarine. Most advanced submarines carry mines as well as torpedoes and cruise missiles. We do, the Russians do, and the Chinese do (so do the French and British - anyone seriously believe that they would do such a thing?). Among those 3, the US, Russia, and China, who benefits from a war in the Middle East that drags the US, yet again, into a stupid conflict that would quickly spin out of control and weaken our military?

In my opinion, there are two possible answers, and the United States isn't one of them. My bet would be the Russians. The Chinese import huge amounts of oil from the Gulf. They can't be ruled out, but it's unlikely.

15. NewRoxFan

Past tweets...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Oil is BIGLY important, so let's kill people.

$700,000,000,000 defense budget is fun 4 u and me!

Kill someone today :)

[Edit: I mean kill some sweaty foreigners with black hair, not us.]

jk!!!

[Edit 2: Guys, I just realized, with our new war, $700,000,000,000 a year is not enough. I hope the libtards will pay for us to kill ENOUGH PEOPLE!]

[Edit 3.0 replacing edit 3

2018 defense budget: $700,000,000,000
    2018 taxpayers: 141,000,000

2018 defense budget = $4964.53 per taxpayer

What a bargain for freedom! Makes you wonder how the sucky countries get by. . . .]

#56 sirbaihu, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  17. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

I don't trust these people.

sirbaihu likes this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is the cost of bringing in the same guys who lied the country into Iraq.

There is zero trust in what Bolton and Pompeo say here. Then there is trust in Trump telling the truth and his motives.... yeah.

Iran could be attacking these tankers in theory. It could be a way to embarrass Abe while he was meeting with Iran.

But... the Trump regimes Iraq war hawks being involved and the constant lying has destroyed any believability and credibility on this issue. I don’t believe Pompeo for 2 seconds on anything involving Iran. I don’t believe Bolton for a millisecond. They have every incentive to start another war in the Middle East that creates more and more avenues for the riches of the rich to make out like bandits with new oil contracts and trillion dollar arms deals. All funded with our tax payer dollars and at the cost of millions of lives.

The same idiots that got us into Iraq are at it again. When will this country wake the F up and stop electing people with ties to fossil fuel, and arms sales??

Everything with the Republican Party is all about money. Everything ties back to a get rich quick scheme with war in the Middle East and the potential of drilling in the Arctic. Give me a bartender from Brooklyn all day every day. This is what you guys vote for every day damn time because you get all worked up over culture wars, NFL kneeling, and SNL. Wake the F up Republicans.

#58 dobro1229, Jun 13, 2019
    ryan_98 and sirbaihu like this.
  19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"We lied, we cheated, we stole. Ha ha ha." [applause]

Context: when he was at WestPoint the motto was not to lie cheat or steal, then he became director of the CIA and OMG! "we lied, we cheated, we stole. Ha ha ha."

OMG, Guys! I just had a thought. . . . Do you think the current CIA director also lies cheats and steals?

Wait a minute. . . . Big George Bush was director of the CIA. . . . This is messing with my head.

#59 sirbaihu, Jun 13, 2019
  20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Pretty much this. They started out the Administration wanting to pick a fight with Iran and magically here's an excuse. Maybe it really was Iran, but these guys have no credibility left with me. Trump would love some wartime president goodwill going into 2020, I know. But I have no faith in him at all employing any wisdom is deciding whether or how to engage or really in any function he'd fill as CiC. I absolutely don't want any war with Iran and especially not with these clowns running the show.

dobro1229 and sirbaihu like this.