1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring me some tariffs!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 27, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_money

superfob likes this.
  3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

More link posting!
    Hey, I got your fiat money right here. The United States of JHard has printed a zillion dollars cash, which I will now give you to buy your, yes your car! Don't worry: I created it from debt. You see, I borrowed some US dollars from the Federal Reserve to finance the printing of the JHard dollars, so the JHard dollars are backed by real debt! And they're fiat too, coz I just made them up out of thin air. Wanna sell your car for some fiat money?

4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I know exactly what 'rare' earth materials are. For one, they really aren't that rare. Anyways, the US probably has so much stockpiled that it could hold themselves over until asteroid mining becomes a viable means of acquisition. I know that statement might be a bit far-fetched, but the truth is the US definitely has enough stockpiled to get through a trade-war. It's not a perishable good like soybeans are (which we can easily keep on subsidizing until the trade war is ended). The US also has the means to produce rare earth materials much more than they are right now, they don't because China offers them so cheap. However, if the US ever reallllllllly needs rare earth materials in the short term they can just fire up their mines.

Japan doesn't produce rare earth materials and everyone knows how important technology is in their country. When China previously cut them off several years ago Japans response was.. they yawned, shrugged and basically didn't care. As we all witnessed their being 'cut off' didn't slow them down a bit.

To further hammer the point home to you. Look at the ramp up in Australia's production from 2013-2017. There's plenty to go around. It just stays in the ground as a matter of cost. pff if things ever really got tight we can flip Canada some jack, anger some eskimos, and loot the Yukon again.

Colour me very un-impressed.

#384 Realjad, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Andre0087 likes this.
  5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I use fiat money for everything I buy and sell. Just like everyone in the U.S. for the last 50 years.

superfob likes this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

Still up by +1....

Seems like the thread has spoken.

7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Sure. Get your fiat money placed on a legitimate exchange and I'd consider letting you buy the car with JHard dollars.

8. biff17

biff17 Member

Why you no like links?

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

To complete the analogy, lets say Uncle Sam gets a regular paycheck for $20, which is around what our GDP is in trillions. You still think he can't handle that debt? Americans are at work every day creating wealth.

@dmoneybangbang, +1.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not advising to give more tax breaks and go more into debt. I'm saying that we won't pay it off all at once. The United States has always had a great credit rating. There was a slight dip when the govt. shut down a while back, but the United States won't have a problem getting money should we need it.

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

12. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Anyone link MMT for sirbaihu yet?

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

14. adoo

adoo Member

absent any specifics as to where, who and when, it is just another convenient baseless claim;

invariably, BS artists such as Realjad end up contradicting themselves

no US co has been mining it because it is unprofitable.

to get US profit-seeking enterprises to embark on an unprofitable endeavor necessitates incentives,
    such as Gov subsidies in the billions. it would be much bigger that the subsidies handed out to the soy farmers

u need to stop lying.

japan had arrested several Chinese fishermen. after China's retaliation, Japan ended up returning the fishermen to China,
    as well as making concessions to allow the Chinese fishermen the right to fish in the disputed sea area.

this might be a viable option, but it takes a long time to implement the plan.

any other recent US POTUS contemplating a trade war w china would have consider US's vulnerability
    and seek viable options to mitigate them. the dotard didn't bother to do so

#394 adoo, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Well, the routinely deceitful New York Times recently tried to promote the sour grapes suggestion that the agreement that President Trump secured with Mexico regarding Mexico enforcing border and asylum restrictions was old news and that there was nothing new to see here.

Of course, this was just another 'Fake news' lie by the NYT and numerous other Democrat left media outlets, as illustrated by the story below.

Mexico says National Guard deployment to southern border starts on Wednesday

Deployment of National Guard forces to Mexico’s southern border was due to start on Wednesday and will advance quickly under a migration control deal signed last week with the United States, Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard said on Wednesday.

Mexico and the United States signed the deal on Friday, with Mexico agreeing to take steps to control the flow of people from Central America, including deploying 6,000 members of the country’s National Guard across its border with Guatemala. “Starting from today, and in the coming days, the deployment is going to progress rapidly,” Ebrard said during a news conference with President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador.

Mexico also agreed to a 45-day timeline to show that increased enforcement efforts were effective. “A lot of things have to happen in 45 days,” Ebrard said. “We are going to do what we said we are going to do.”​

Mexico has stated that it will deploy an additional 6,000 national guard troops along its border with Guatemala and that it will allow the US to return immigrants to Mexico while waiting for application processing by ICE. Mexico has also agreed to a 45 day timeline to show that the increased enforcement efforts are effective, or else the currently "suspended" tariffs are expected to be unsuspended.

Of course all of this is new and current. None of this was happening, nor had their been any sort of agreement that had been formally agreed to prior to last week.

What a bunch of relentlessness, aggressive, unconscionable liars so many of these leftist media types routinely show themselves to be.

16. NewRoxFan

Those internal polling numbers must have pushed trump over the edge... can't make this stuff up!

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

18. NewRoxFan

The big secret agreement between trump and Mexico? Heh... to have more discussions...

adoo likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Tariff Man says trade wars are good and easy to win...

20. NewRoxFan

Surprise... russia is the big winner of trump's tariff wars...

China rolls out the red carpet for other countries as it ups tariffs on US goods
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/19/tra...s.html?__source=sharebar|twitter&par=sharebar