1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sports by Brooks] Beadle OUT for NBA Countdown

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Sounds like my type of girl.

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ok so people give me ur countdown dream team if you were espn.....a team of four, let's see what I can come up with.
    1.jalen rose
    2. Dwade
    3.stan van Gundy
    4. A gm or analytics guy....hmm maybe bill Simmons

3. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I like Michelle Beadle, but yeah she was bad (along with Pierce) on NBA Countdown, so it's good that she won't return. I think Michelle is better suited as a social media or Youtube personality. She is not a good fit for traditional sports TV, and she's a very poor fit for TV pregame/postgame shows or halftime reports. Such shows do need to be entertaining with some humor, but more importantly they need people who can provide professional, knowledgeable, insightful (in a non-"Captain Obvious" way) commentary on the game. Chauncey was decent at that, but his delivery is a bit boring.

That said...even if ESPN improves NBA Countdown next season, I don't think it's going to matter much. Shows like Countdown, TNT's Inside the NBA, etc are losing their relevancy these days. Older folks might still watch them, but most others have moved on and such shows have little chance of attracting new/younger markets in any significant way.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Beadle wasn't such a gawd damn Rockets hater, I would actually like her. She isn't polished like the other women on ESPN. She is honest with her opinions like Jalen Rose. She doesn't have a (corporate) sports agenda except when it comes to the Spurs and her hate for the Rockets. I'm not going to mourn this loss but I'm just saying, name a more entertaining host that goes back and forth with the other men on a panel. It's also fun to dunk on her when she is wrong.

She left Get Out! after crucifying the NFL on air because of what was happening to Kaepernick and the protests. ESPN asked her to fall in line because of the Disney relationship with the NFL or something like that, but she said no. She couldn't take the hypocrisy of what she was reporting on. That's a pretty baller move in my opinion.

I mean whatever.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Guess they decided to go with a more athletic host.

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. da_juice

da_juice Member

As Michael Kay would say....cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I'd rather they replace her with a former WNBA player or someone like that. If your host can't be entertaining (and few can), at least know what you're talking about.

Sajan likes this.
  7. Sajan

Sajan Member

There's always the case of too much of a good thing.
    Inside the NBA is done. The moment they messed with the trio and added shaq..it was done. Shaq is terrible for tv. Maybe someone thought shaqtin a fool = more shaq? no! we liked that segment for the clips, not because of shaq.
    The players only broadcasts are even worse.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Michelle Beadle criticized Aaron Rodgers, Kawhi Leonard (He was right about his injury) She said he is a self centered guy, Im so over him.

Well Kawhi is making Michelle, watch him in the Finals. This Torture is fun for us to watch her squirm.

Kawhi injury makes me look really wrong. The Spurs forcing him to play last year was wrong, it is paying off now for Kawhi in the Finals.

#48 rockets1995, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Ahmad Rashad and Summer Sanders the Swimmer I think Host Inside Stuff was awesome to watch in the 90s.
    They always talk about players hobbies, interests, the deeper side to players personality.

Now too much criticism from ESPN, starting hatred, rumors, drama, diva, Superteams, Obvious Referee Rigging has Ruined the NBA

10. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Give Candace Parker a shot. She is better informed than her male counterparts. She's smart and easy on the eyes.

THEGLIDEc and Red Nation RGV like this.
  11. Mr Chuck Norris

She's been garbage. She's unattractive, she doesn't know ****, she chastises the men on set who she secretly wants to ****. He added nothing, because she is nothing good riddance.

12. Mr Chuck Norris

13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Maybe they can bring in Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone......

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I can't agree with this more. I get the hate people lay on her because of her biases, but I don't see a difference between her and Simmons (who to some is viewed as a God among men in sportscasting). She is super opinionated, but so are so many others on ESPN. That's exactly what ESPN wants.

Again, it's worth saying, if ESPN went back to being pure sports (or spun off a network that does that), I would be so happy. Like zero commentary, only sports. Some of the sports could be stuff we know and love, others could be stuff we rarely watch (like figure skating), and some could be stuff we didn't know existed. Zero commentary, just sports. Ah, that's the dream.

15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Meanwhile Stephen A Smith clearly has bias against the Raptors just because they are from Toronto of Canada. This man had shown everything from racial to geographical bias for several years yet still has a job at ESPN?

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/20...es-report-about-major-shakeup-nba-studio-show

They've built a relationship with Kobe Bryant thanks to his ESPN+ show, Detail. If I'm ESPN, he's the first person I'm going after and I'm not stopping until he says yes. The guy is a quote machine who is not shy about voicing his opinions. The second person I'm offering Countdown spot to is Richard Jefferson, who has been a standout on various shows during this postseason.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Good. She is garbage

Deuce likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Since few sports shows offer much insight, maybe I overlooked what Beadle did not bring. Or maybe it was her obvious biased attitudes and, frankly, outright disdain for Harden (which always makes me think her job would have been safe: "remember, everyone, LOVE Golden State, HATE Harden").

In any case, I won't weep for her absence.

D-rock likes this.
  20. adoo

adoo Member

actually, it was NBC Sports, where she was well-hidden.

not MSNBC, the home of NBC political talk shows on cable​

not true,

i think she left the show to work for NBC Sports​

she was the only one (among co-hosts and contributors)
    unable to build chemistry w the main host, Mike Greenberg
    everyone from this ho-hum show was given the boot

as replacement, how about

the knowledgeable Doris Burke, or the vivacious Rachel Nichols, as the host, w this rotation of contributors

Dirk, Richard Jefferson, Pau Gasol, John Salley, Legler,
    Don McClean, Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter​

#60 adoo, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019