1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How the alt-right is radicalizing American youth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jun 8, 2019.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Ive worked in corporate America and blue collar America.
    White males dominate in corporate America

In blue collar Houston, white males and Hispanic males dominate in lucrative skilled trades and black males have nothing as a whole and thats why i constantly argue black people need to look inward on why we remain behind

2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Usually through social media, as I think you must know. (you used the word "tweet," although I thought one had to be on twitter to tweet.)

Edited to add: it's not just social media....it's also "diversity" hiring quotas, who gets federal largesse etc.

Anecdotally, I recall that some years at a business conference, a guy told me that he had named his wife as the "founder" of his company, in order to obtain some small business loan from the govt. (Hope that didn't bit him in the @ss)

There is so much anti-male (and anti-white male in particular) bias in the system -- particularly the tax system -- that it's ridiculous. It's no wonder that those men are starting to form their own groups.

#122 BruceAndre, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I would certainly agree with this sentence. But look at the logic of your own post. Why do certain ethnicities "dominate" in certain realms? Could it possibly be that those groups have put in the time and effort? Your own phraseology suggests this.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@BruceAndre
    Im not claiming white males have held on to power unfairly. Dont assume.

Hispanics still aren't that political as a whole. On blacks we have internal problems. We have had a black president who needed white voters but when i state that to some they say that doesn't prove anything

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Literally, the term alt-right was created by Richard Spencer. That's why people equate it to racism.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Seriously man, you posted one tweet from one person and some image that someone can make in two minutes and you think this is enough to reach the conclusion you've reached?

You said that it was officially legal to discriminate against white people? That's not what your post proves.

And I have data and studies that would tell you that other groups face larger discrimination. That a black man with a college degree has a harder time finding a job than a white man with the same one.

This is what annoys me sometimes. Too many people will just take whatever anecdotal example (Oh, look at this person on twitter!) while ignoring real actual data and studies...then what doubly hurts is if a black person or Muslim or Gay person, whoever, tells you their story of how they have been discriminated or attacked it gets dismissed and tossed aside as just some lone wolf thing. Only white people get to talk about discrimination.

An actual study about the college degree thing I mentioned earlier.
    https://academic.oup.com/sf/article-abstract/93/4/1451/2332119?redirectedFrom=fulltext

Sounds very 'Anti-black' to me.

I'm sorry that white guys are told to shut up on social media because of their race, welcome to the world though. Black people are mocked on social media. LGBTQ people are. Muslims are. Women are. This isn't actual discrimination by any system.

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. biff17

biff17 Member

Thank you for responding to that asinine example more thoroughly than I could have.

I thought he used to be trolling but he actually thinks white men are some aggrieved entity who need to band together to stop the oppression.

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This wasn't what the article said...at all.

Clearly this person didn't read it.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The number of hate crimes against minorities has risen dramatically under Trump. The numbers don't agree with the fact that white nationalism is in check. The membership of these organizations has increased dramatically since 2015 when Trump began his campaign:

You say you need numbers but you ignore the numbers. You say it's not on the rise - but it is on the rise. I hear it as well, even personally I get more harassment because of my race then ever before. So I don't understand why you think white nationalism is not on the rise.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Try reading the article instead of some idiot twitter guy.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

@Os Trigonum is an academic intellectual. Of course he reads the articles:)

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People really need to read the article.

They also have Jimmy Kimmel. Cult of Dusty, and Contrapoints on the cover (Spoiler alert...very liberal people). The cover isn't saying that everyone on the cover is alt-right. At all.

It literally says under the collage: "Commentators from across the political spectrum..." It literally says this.

It is amazing how many people are falling for this talking point and missing the entire point entirely...and I'm supposed to believe that people aren't feeble minded?

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are wrong. The article clearly sheds false light on those youtubers by implying they are alt right as common practice of journalism is to put the subject of your article in the artwork. Most readers will assume this is a wall of just awful alt right nazis out to brainwash the down and out white basement dwellers of America. NY Times knows damn well it isn't right to just pull youtubers into this who aren't involved. This was a massive botched hit job of propaganda meant to A: convince normal people that there is a threat from youtube and reinforce their position of political authority as they continue to lose numbers. And B: convince youtube, or put social pressure at least on them, in order to make them censor more of their competition.

Who is there? First of all.. Phillip De Franco? LOL

Joe Rogan? Mr. official story on everything important and vote DEMOCRAT Tulsi cause she's hot and the most likely to smoke a blunt with me on the beach. Yeah ok.

Who else? Computing Forever? I follow this guy actually and sorry to disappoint. Not a nazi actually.

But my favorite... Syrian Girl... who he watches more than once, so regularly? So the guy was Alt-right and watching a Muslim Immigrant? Oh but he wasn't alt right as it explains?

So is this article really a reinforcement that people aren't actually being sucked down the rabbit hole. This guy is a good example of someone actually getting taken in by LEFTIST propaganda if you read the whole article. Leftist propaganda channels that the NYT is glorifiying and propping up as saviors. All while ignoring this ironic ending to a tale about a problem that never existed for its main subject. Some impressionable adult man who has no brain for himself and was taken down the rabbit hole.. but not... but somehow saved. SAVED I dare say from the worst fate immaginable... being conservative... dating a Christian woman... and arguing with your liberal friends who know better than you.

#134 dachuda86, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think you are projecting your tendencies to only read and view the headline and front cover image only rather than actually reading the content.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think you're willfully playing stupid. But go ahead.

I guess Phillip was wrong to call out the NYT about this. I guess the source of the story, who called out the NYT about that, was also wrong.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Philly D called them out on twitter and then responded. Nails it.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Computing Forever. Breaks it down well actually. These responses are a nice balance I think to a horrible propaganda piece. If I find more from those targeted, I will post. I support independent content creators and this is clearly an attack on them.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Literally, under the pictures...

Commentators from across the political spectrum...

The article never implies everyone in the picture is alt-right. Never.

Anyone that says so is being dishonest or didn't read the article. If it is true, then quote the article, quote where it says De Franco, Rogan, is alt-right?

As for Syrian girl
    [​IMG]

Yeah, seems like a totally moderate person that wouldn't lead anyone to darker views...totally moderate!

Yes, I'm sure you support the independent content creators like Molyneux that believes that black people are dumber than whites and that there's a white genocide happening.

#140 JayGoogle, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.