1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

7 Deadly Sins

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FranchiseBlade, Jun 8, 2019.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard a comedian say that Trump actually embodies all 7 of the deadly sins.

Greed - check
    Lust - check and additional monetary checks to the p*rn stars and models
    Gluttony - check and keep the McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King and Taco Bell wrappers out of his way.
    Sloth - doesn't bother to actually read briefings or understand how government works.
    Wrath - check out all of the angry tweets
    Envy - certainly envious of Obama, and McCain
    Pride - Can't admit when he's wrong or gets caught in a lie... check.

Trump embodies all of them. I think you can pin some of them on any of the presidents. But I believe only Trump completed the cycle.

Nook, edwardc, JuanValdez and 7 others like this.
  2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Anti-Cristo confirmado

Rashmon, B-Bob and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If there was a stereotypical Hollywood portrayal of the Anti-Christ, it would basically be an intelligent version of Trump.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, this is the one thing Christians can be comfortable about - Trump is simply too stupid to be the anti-Christ unless that's part of the Antichrist's deception.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That a religious person could support trump is unfathomable.

Andre0087 likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I can understand supporting someone and leaving religion out of it. The crazy thing to me are the religious leaders that claim God wants Trump and how much better he is supposed to be than anyone from the Democratic field of candidates.

It doesn't even really have anything to do with politics. He's just a lousy human being.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I bet you don't have any of these going on in some way.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't limit myself to just 7.

Nook, leroy and mdrowe00 like this.
  9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I have no doubt that the Christian right would follow the anti-Christ if he is willing to perform certain tasks for them.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well said. As best as I can tell his otherwise-decent-people supporters embrace one or more of the following:
    1. Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily want him interacting with my family or anything, but he's good for America. (I don't get how that works.)
    2. Yeah, he's lousy. But he put in a great supreme court justice!*
    3. Yeah, he's lousy, but he's ours, and he owns the libs! It's about time!
    4. He's actually a decent guy who just tweets too much. The liberal media (TM) just paints him in the worst possible light!

(*= interestingly, one who publicly displays wrath and pride, at minimum.)

Amiga, mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In November I drove past a version this billboard on I-10 East and almost drove off the road:

[​IMG]

Apparently it was a national buy by a religious Facebook group.

A St. Louis news station reported on it. It was pulled for violating political ad standards, but not before the group issued a response explaining their position on how Trump could possibly be "God's word made flesh".

I'm going to spoiler the group's response to questions about the billboard, in case you have little children nearby -

A Facebook group called “Make the Gospel Great Again” is claiming to be behind the group issued a response on social media:

Our billboard IS NOT equating Jesus with President Donald Trump. Salvation comes only from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, not any man. But God does send his messengers to us, and just as King David liberated the faithful in his day, President Trump is doing this today through his protection of the unborn, defense of our land against foreign invaders and standing up for Israel. He surrounds himself with champions for Christian Rights –Mike Pence, Neil Gorsuch, and Brett Kavanaugh. Compared to the disaster of a president we had in Obama, how is this not the “word become flesh” for Americans? As Christians we must not stand against God’s will despite the persecution we face for doing so.

Possibly it was some form of Astroturfing, but in that case, they thought the religious angle was plausible enough that they could sell it.

People are really good at deceiving themselves and retconing complicated faux logical edifices to support lizard brain arbitrary desires.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Religion at its core is a lack of fundamental reasoning skills and cognitive dissonance mixed with a psyche complex predisposed to and trained for hero worship, so, Trump (ego-maniacal con man) and the bible thumpers have a certain basal magnetic attraction to each other.

pirc1 likes this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I dabble a little in most of these, but not so blatantly that a stranger can diagnose me from afar.

Nook likes this.
  15. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...then you're just not doing it right.:);):D

JuanValdez likes this.
  16. edwardc

edwardc Member

That says it all right there so he is the anti christ i knew it .

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’m not religious, but I respect those that are as long as they respect the rights of others who don’t follow their “playbook.” The freedom of the LGBTQ+ community to be what they are without suffering prejudice. The freedom of women to control their own bodies and to get equal pay for equal work. The freedom of those young people born abroad, but brought to this country as a baby or a toddler, knowing no other land but the United States, going to US schools, and speaking English as their native tongue to live freely in this country and to apply for citizenship without fear of being grabbed by an arm of the federal government and tossed across the border against their will. Those freedoms, for example, are freedoms that should be taken for granted in the United States and not trampled on at the whim of a would be tyrant.