1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taking it slow

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roc Paint, May 23, 2019.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A married guy who auditioned strippers for a living and that went wrong??? Imagine that.

2. jcf

jcf Member

Why don't we cut him some slack?

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

He’s tormented by some personal things.

We all have our demons, some just have a harder time dealing with it.

I know he comes here to get away from the bs. So, when there is bs here ( yes he has his moments where it’s his fault) it really gets to him. If he could just not be bothered by people piling on, it would serve him well. I’m sure you know as well as I that the bbs is pretty unforgiving and some people like kicking someone when they’re down or when they can’t get out of their own way.

I know there is a good dude inside there and I want nothing but the best for him. I’ve seen him in action, I know he cares and wants the best for people. Sometimes you have to take care of what haunts you or it will affect you everyday. So here is to @Roc Paint kicking these demons. I’m pulling for him.

#63 mikol13, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

People are really super complicated. I know we all want to correlate an online version of a human with the in-person version, but maybe it's like trying to create an image of a complicated object with two very different experiments or technologies. Like a galaxy can look totally different in visible light versus X-rays or infrared.

5. biff17

biff17 Member

As I said before I have empathy for him but I only know him because he just decided to start trolling the D&D out of the blue and then threatening posters who called him on it.

Nobody was piling on anybody or anyone he was looking to provoke.

That's why I asked the question.

Will not engage in the future.

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I love you man, and I mean that

Sorry for calling you members b****es

jcf, Os Trigonum and mikol13 like this.
  7. mikol13

Supporting Member

Hey man, I want nothing but the best for you, I mean that.

I try like hell to lean toward caring and helping people out if it’s within my power to do so.

No one knows what another goes through in life or how they handle what’s thrown at them. It’s real easy for some to want to pile on when they don’t walk in their shoes. I DON’T THINK IT SHOULD TOTALLY EXCUSE US FROM OUR ACTIONS, but sometimes we need to take a step back and remember that we need one another. Not everyone is big enough to want to look beyond words and understand someone’s hurt, but that’s okay too, we are all wired a little differently.

I think we can all have discussions here, some heated, some not, some light hearted, fun, with great depth, some with great sports takes and not so great sports takes. At the end of the day we are all here for one reason or another. Because of that we ALL have something in common. So I hope we can remember that and take care of one another a little better. maybe even when we don’t want to. That said, if you’re causing some of your own grief, you probably deserve a good ass chewing and should probably take it.

#67 mikol13, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    CometsWin likes this.
  8. Roc Paint

I don’t even know how to respond to that except for the fact that I know you care, and that means a lot to me. I don’t know why I feel the need for acceptance on this website, maybe it’s because I don’t have any friends, but I do consider you one. Thanks for looking out . You really are a great person through and through.

9. Roc Paint

I don’t know if I can ever be out from this website. LOL

10. mikol13

Supporting Member

The only person that you need acceptance from is you. You have to feel good about yourself man. No one can ever fill those empty spots. Just remember that respect is a two way street. We don’t always have to agree on things here, but it would be a whole lot cooler if we at least respected each other.

And loneliness is a helluva thing, it’s so tough. I highly suggest talking to someone that can help in order to gain a little introspection. It can only be a positive.

Buck Turgidson and Roc Paint like this.
  11. Roc Paint

Amen

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Last ClutchFans basketball get together I went to, I tore my ACL, MCL, and lateral meniscus.

True story.

My game has never been the same and I haven't really played much in the past 6 years.

But it sounds fun. :)

13. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Glad to see you're staying on the forums. Tough times are a b**** and that's an understatement. Stick with it. Keep chopping that wood and pretty soon, you'll break through it. I'm speaking from experience here. Once you shake off the bad juju, you'll really be able to appreciate the good in your life so much more and with a new perspective.
    I'm pulling for you Roc. PM me if you ever need to talk.

I wish i could join up for some hoops, but my busted ass knee can't even take bodyweight squats. I can't imagine what a pickup game would do.

I'll bet a bring a pack of meat bbq would kill though.

14. hvic

hvic Member

I have not step on the court since I tore my patellar tendon and menicus but I'm down for some cardio. I just prefer playing indoors because its easier on the joints lol

15. droxford

droxford Member

I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grande