1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Rockets balance of styles and stars to mark this summer in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, May 23, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Remember when people got all worked up over this when it was nothing?

2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Don’t worry guys jimmy butler is going to ask to be traded here so he can stand in the corner. Everything will be fine.

3. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

exactly - also Harden needs to learn how to play when you have a big lead man..

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I agree with CP3. They need more movement in the offense.

BUT. Maybe this is a chance to trade cp3 and get out of that contract. Would the Lakers take him and pair him with LeBron for a final run or two?

mikol13 likes this.
  5. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

My big thing is if we speed up the offense and have a lot more movement I fear for Chris’ health lol. Those knees will be destroyed.

Patience and RyanB like this.
  6. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Damn this is amazing

RyanB likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Also when Paul is initiating the offense, harden should stand at halfcourt

RyanB, mikol13, sammy and 2 others like this.
  8. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

there is a reason they havent extended Dantoni.. I really feel like they will let him go..

Rasheed likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

His name is literally "Jimmy" Butler. Just saying. :D

Patience, J.R. and RyanB like this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i immediately thought it was strange that CP3 came out alone, when they had been doing every press conference together prior to that game.

from harden's perspective, CP3 is obviously an anchor on his career going forward b/c he had his worst season in a dozen years and a horrible postseason, while making $35-40M going forward. harden's prime will be wasted due to that contract. and from CP3's standpoint, why the F did harden miss 5 FT's in an elimination game and commit stupid turnovers in crunchtime?

i think the only way this is ever going to work out for harden is if some team out there is willing to eat CP3's contract. and even then it's a longshot that he'll get a proper supporting cast the next couple seasons and also be able to keep his head on straight in the clutch. but at least he'll have a chance. with CP3's contract on the payroll, harden has no chance.

Easy likes this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Why? It sounds like he's in hardens side with regard to the offense. A new coach might come in and try to implement movement harden doesn't want

RyanB likes this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

So we play for mvp now not for championship. Most of exprienced posters here saw that cp is just nit being utilized staying behind 3pt line. That our offense was piece of ****. Good to know cp fighted for change, he probably is bball smarter than both MDA and Morey combined

13. Mr. Clutch

CP3 gave him his best chance of his career the past two years. We really pushed the warriors. Yet harden still wasn't good in the playoffs.

It's unclear how much cp3 will drop off. I think he has one more year at a near elite level.

But if they want to trade him I'd go for a team that is trying to win now and is aging- like the Lakers

BasketMAD, PolarBear, xaos and 4 others like this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Now would be a good time to get some thoughts form @Codman as it relates to the locker room.

RyanB, mikol13 and HP3 like this.
  15. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

*shrug* Harden and Paul have literally had "tense moments" in the middle of games they won. They're both very competitive guys and Paul in particular isn't afraid to bark at people when he thinks they can be doing better. All I know is that from watching the game, ball movement wasn't nearly as much a concern to me as a general lack of effort, particularly on defense and rebounding.

16. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

hes never winning a championship then (which sucks) harden needs to realize that quick.

17. PWR

PWR Member

Same offense as last year...only difference is Chris Paul is now trash.

Find a sucker (Phoenix) to trade him to, then get James a real all star teammate. Not a guy that was an all star 4 years ago.

Denovo likes this.
  18. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

This... CP3 is a very smart player (He knows that Harden is caple of winning the chip , thats why he joined him), but also hes smart enough to realize that ISO will not win the chip...

xaos likes this.
  19. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Harden had a chance to beat the warriors 2 times without Paul Last year (both games with 17 + leads) and didnt come through..
    Cmon man, why are we acting like CP3 is not saying the truth.. this ISO crap is not going to win a champion.., lets be real here.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  20. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

So nobody wants to be a hero and post this article in full?

RyanB likes this.