1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Rumor] : Suns looking at Trading for Paul Per Source.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, May 22, 2019.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Makes no sense to trade Paul and Gordon, who would start next to Harden or even come off the bench.

Makes more sense to send josh Jackson or tj warren and number 6 pick to Philly for Jimmy Butler.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It makes sense for the suns. They aren't going to attract any big time free agents, and CP3's contract will be up when their young player's contract will be up. CP3 will be able to mentor and teach the guys how to compete.

Hakeemtheking and Denovo like this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I thought Paul Pierce retired

J Sizzle likes this.
  4. Theking

Theking Member

Hilarious! Real value add on your behalf. Please keep posting.

harold bingo and cheke64 like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

I like it! The Suns would be done with CP3 right when their young guys all walk in free agency. Then they could start that rebuilding process again.

Gray_Jay and rockbox like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Guys this *rumor* started via HORRIBLE AGGREGATION from some twitter account. On a Zach Lowe podcast (I believe the one with Arnovitz) he was just spitballing on stuff almost half jolkingly about CP and the Suns.

There is NO teeth on this.

As we approach the summer with FA and Trades, remember the SOURCES MATTER.

HP3, lilbird20, mikol13 and 1 other person like this.
  7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

LOL

8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

nothing in the off season is legit

javal_lon likes this.
  9. blackistan

blackistan Member

I hope this rumor comes to fruition

Roc Paint likes this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Well, 'aight, check this out, dawg. First of all, you throwin' too many big words at me, and because I don't understand them, I'm gonna take 'em as disrespect....."

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So fast your head would spin.

DD

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If it doesnt say " According to my sources", then it's not real... You gotta say that for FS1 or Espn to add their delusional analysis to it.

13. fattz

fattz Member

If true, then yes please

Johnson, Warren, Holmes & Melton PLUS the 6th picks—> Jaxson Hayes.

Capela replayed by Holmes sort term and Hayes make room Butler. Sign WCS if you don’t believe in the other bigs.
    Johnson in a MDA system—> House but on the next level.

Rivers takes the start and Melton comes off the bench.

TJ upgrades bench.

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Warren or Jackson can start at the 3 and butler at the 2.

The shooting would be worse but we would be a bigger better defensive team and would rebound the ball a lot better.

I don’t know if it makes us better than now.

We’re pretty damn good, ppl mistake losing to the dubs as we’re not prob at worst the 3rd best team in the league as is.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree we shouldn't do anything too drastic unless CP ages even more. If Durant walks it should be very interesting next year.

However I think a team of Gordon Harden Butler is already bigger and better and rebounding. Also fits better than Gordon, Jackson, Butler.

16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I really want to trade Capela for the 6th pick.

17. Raven

Raven Member

I'm not holding my breath on another team absorbing Paul's contract unless we're getting back a bag of chips and a blind player.

18. seeingred

seeingred Member

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If the Suns were willing to trade you Josh Jackson, TJ Warren and the 6th pick for CP3, you'd be insane not to do that.

You can turn around and trade that package, plus Clint and EG and future first for AD.

Rivers, Harden, House, AD

Lots of filling to do...

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

So ur basically trading cp3 for butler.

That’s a good deal for us I don’t know if philly is interested in that package but ya I guess it’s better for us.

But imo I’d rather have cp3 harden and butler over harden butler and Gordon.

As good as Gordon is he also has so many games we’re he doesn’t impact the game at all. When he does impact the game he’s fantastic but it’s like 50/50 at best with him.

Cp3 imo is still more consistent than Gordon even at his age.

I don’t know if it helps our cap space to trade cp3 to the suns then package that stuff for butler. If that allows us to grab other role players like when we got tucker? Then ya I’m interested.

But if it’s just butler for cp3.... I’d still prob do it because butler is 5 years younger but I’m not sure it makes our team better next season. Now in the long run because it cp3 age it def makes us better.

Don’t get me wrong tho harden at PG Gordon at sg and butler at sf is as good as it gets besides what GS puts out there so it’s def a great foundation to build on.

But to me what cp3 did in game 6 was great maybe I’m a fool for thinking he can play like that more often but him at his best is still a lot better than Gordon at his best.

HP3 likes this.