1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor] : Suns looking at Trading for Paul Per Source.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, May 22, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Right so why will the Suns give up Josh Jackson, Warren and no 6 pick for Cp3? They can make an offer for Jimmy Butler themselves if they want.

This is ridiculous Suns give a king's ransom and we get rid of somebody on the wrong age of 34? Hell I'd do a Booker Cp3 swap right now at least we get younger never mind all those assets.

everyday eddie likes this.
  2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

CP3 would retire before he played for that Shitty organization.

Patience, Invisible Fan and J Sizzle like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

If the Suns are dumb enough to do this trade you do it no questions asked. You can add Capela to that package and now you have enough to trade for AD and just have Rivers start full time.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd consider swapping him for the cap space at this point... lol

MiddleMan, RocketOrg and roslolian like this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not only does this have zero chance of happening, but it’d be an absolutely terrible look for Morey.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh i get what you're saying, but regardless i think the Rockets are not going to trade CP3, unless he asks for it of course.

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Lived in Phoenix for a few years, and I could definitely be wrong, but I don't know of this guy being a source of any kind. That being said, the AZ Republic is the rough equivalent of the Houston Chronicle. The largest in the area.

9. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

Speculation = Sperm & Egg
    Rumor = The Baby

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

@Le$$ got everyone's hopes up. :D

Invisible Fan and Mathloom like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

LMAO...article is trash and a waste of time

no point even spending 2 seconds entertaining this “rumor”

Chamillionaire likes this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is overrated.

The Clippers signed Blake to a huge deal and traded him 6 months later. Nobody Hamner’s next on Jerry West for that.

CP3 got what he wanted. A legit chance to take down the Warriors... but for his injury, AND $140 million despite being old - and injured!!

You trade CP3 and he better have nothing but nice things to say.

13. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

The "source" is a guy with his hand on his crank.

14. Jake Stewart

Jake Stewart Member

How could you not want CP3 traded? He’s not worth anywhere near 40 million a year.....His contract is stopping us from signing any above average players.

15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

From what I read this guy is actually arguing against the trade more than for it. Also its just an opinion thing no more important than people's in random trade ideas thread.

16. jowman

jowman Member

40m to play 40 games a year ain’t bad.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Just curious. Why? Not even for the right package? Paul is aging fast and nowhere close to the stud he used to be. He gives you a good game every other month and has 3 years of HUGE contract. Why wouldn’t you do it?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. solid

solid Contributing Member

When rumors sound too good to be true they usually aren't true. In my view, the Paul contract is an albatross. I would let the contract go for nothing but more money to spend on other options. Obviously, he is not the future.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Paul + Clint = leadership and freak combo for Indont fxxking know who they have. Just give us a bunch of lottery picks.

20. Denovo

Denovo Member

I’ve seen this “rumor” floating around social media and was curious about it. No real source yet but it’s believable.

The suns are desperate for a pg. I could see them trading for CP3 if they fear losing Booker due to lack of wins. They need vets on that team bad and Cp3 would accelerate Booker and Aytons development dramatically.

They could always opt for drafting a pg this year but there is no guarantee they won’t miss (Fultz, Flynn, Carter-Williams, Fredette etc..)

The trade (if it happens) would probably be Tyler Johnson, TJ Warren and the 6th pick.