1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/8/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2019.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I am not surprised Capela playing like p***y.

But wtf CP3? Rockets give u so much money and you return this poor playing?

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

He is comparing them to Liverpool v Barca.

What an arrogant Moran. Not long ago, they were saying we are not even worthy of a challenge to them and all of sudden they are making it out as David v. Golliath. WTF

3. Whats a mid-range?

Maybe. But of the contract is half as bad as CP3 it’s thats going to be hard. Remember how hard it was go get rid of Anderson. He had a bad contract too.

House Rockets likes this.
  4. Voltik

Voltik Member

Seems like CP3’s body is much much worse than Harden with old age. I respect both of them as players but damn this was the easiest game in the past 2 years.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Other than PNR, he doesn't have a game.....w/o Harden he wouldn't shat.He TALKS a good game but when it comes to performing, he's soft as a baby's ass.

BasketMAD likes this.
  6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

When nobody else is hitting we need the one guy that can get his own shot to take shots. He was way under his average shot attempts each quarter. He's a volume scorer. If he's not shooting, it doesn't matter what the reason is. We're losing.

I'm NEVER down on the Rockets or Harden. That was mystifying to me.

Deckard and JayGoogle like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm not mad at CP3 trying to take over...

I'm mad that we did that crap for a full quarter without once stopping and going "Alright, we need to do something else."

Maybe CP3 makes up for it, I sure hope so, but it was clear he was struggling all night long. I almost would have preferred him to be off the floor, he was that bad. Mostly this series his shot has been off and he hasn't been scoring but he's been making plays here and there but he was just bad tonight.

Basically Harden carried the team and then just stopped. If he was tired he has to suck it up and play his heart out for the last 5 minutes. He simply has to.

8. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

True

9. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

10. Denovo

Denovo Member

This isn’t the same team from a few years ago. They have no depth. They now have only 2 scoring options. Unless Steph and Klay both combine for 80+ I’m not worried. If they do get hot it will be Game 7.

BigShasta likes this.
  11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Choke City. Can't even win a crucial game when the other team's best player went down.

The Worriers scored just 15 points in the 3rd quarter, but adjusted for the 4th, and won. I don't even know what we did. Leader of men, MDA is not.

12. UrbanEnterprise

embarrassing loss but the Rockets will win this series.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's arrogant but trust me, he's getting them pumped for game 6.

If we come out half stepping we are going to get rolled over.

14. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member

Lebron can make that happen..

Remlap likes this.
  15. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Losing Durant is the worse case scenario for Houston. Splash bros now can free stroke without giving it up to KD.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

from '93:

The Rockets were returning home down 3-2 with all of the burden on them. Or so it seemed.

"We were in the elevator, leaving the Garden, and I had my head down," Elie said. "Dream (Olajuwon) just looked at me and said, 'Mario, we are going home. It will be OK.' "

https://www.chron.com/sports/rocket...itle-still-something-to-celebrate-1978275.php

It will be OK. ;)

BigShasta and WestendMassive like this.
  17. Texanstradamus

What we gone say how washed he is morey traded for an aging pg and maxed him out this would fall more on Daryl

BasketMAD likes this.
  18. Slimfa

Slimfa Member

Paul has got to be better. End of story. He needs to redeem himself come Friday. He was not relevant at all tonight.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A wise man once said, never underestimate the heart of a champion.

People like Green, Iggy, they will make the plays when called upon. They did that tonight. Tonight they showed championship heart, respect to them, they did and we did not.

everyday eddie and Denovo like this.
  20. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

CP3 has been such a let down tbh. Careless turnovers, poor shooting, all while making $40 M a year. I get why Morey did it, he had to. But, I can't believe the ROI is this small, and quite frankly either can Morey. If we win a championship, all will be forgiven. If not, I'm honestly not sure where we go from here considering the age of our team, scary times...

everyday eddie and BigShasta like this.