1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/8/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2019.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Capella, MDA, Cp3 all garbage.

BasketMAD, Alkaholic and bcast89 like this.
  2. WestendMassive

We let our guard down, they picked it up big time

Can't let that heppen again

Deckard and dcfma like this.
  3. Denovo

Denovo Member

Regular season and Playoffs are two different things. This fact doesn’t correlate here. From the previous 4 games we have seen nothing that should make you think they can beat us playing 48 minutes without KD. If anything he’s been a crutch for them.

Vivi likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah but if you hadn't played him we'd be down 15 and even harden at 100 percent couldn't bring us back . You had to go for it and hope his energy would be there at the end

5. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

CP3 can't be relied on to create ANY kind of offense anymore. It's all on James Harden and Gordon now. I haven't been this upset at a loss in years.... what a blown opportunity. The Rockets are going to be kicking themselves after they lose game 7.

everyday eddie and dcfma like this.
  6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

plus look at what you just said... we pulled CC bc he was getting killed by Curry - then reinserted him bc we needed the rebounding... exactly - it aint rocket science - you gotta be willing to give up a few buckets for the bigger picture (rebound/rim protection...). As much as everyone is b****in about CC we were +8 with him on the floor - and +4 with Nene - and -17 with neither....
    You might survive small ball if yer dropping shots at a higher clip (made shot = no rebound) but if you need boards then u gotta have guys on the floor that can box out and grab those boards - even if u give up a few easy buckets...

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

firstly he didn't shoot 16 attempts, he shot 10 free throws, so he actually shot like 20 times.

They were shading him towards the end, I guess we are suddenly okay with him jacking up and bricking contested step backs because that was all they were allowing him to get, you can't drive on those double teams.

I swear the entire website complained about him iso'ing in the past 2 games because they were "wasted possessions". When you have two play makers, the other guy needs to step up. Harden played the entire 3rd quarter, plus start of fourth.

8. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Try to trade him

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

How in the world does Harden only get 3 shots in the 4th?!

That **** is inexplicable and inexcusable.

He looked either completely gassed or out of it for most of the game. Like what in the actual ****. I didn’t like the look in his eyes; like he wasn’t in the moment in the 4th. This is your chance to seize control on the series and your playoff legacy and he settled.

How do you lose this game when KD is goes out for a full quarter? We needed the team to jump on them. Do we want a game 7?! Another lost opportunity to take control of this series.

Chris Paul had to be a lot better tonight. I’m most worried about him. He couldn't take Looney or Jerebko off the dribble and settle for those terrible side step fade-away threes that haven’t gone down this whole postseason. Jonas Jerebko.... If he can’t even be a 3rd option, that’s a troubling sign. We need a big game from in Game 6.

Gordon was so flustered after that shaky first but it’s good that he settled and hit some good shots in the 4th to keep us in but damn, if CP3 and Gordon are giving nothing, we can’t survive.

Capela has been so disappointing. Last year, he was a huge key for us and he should be holding his own. He wanted the Warriors and can’t back his talk. Looks totally lost. Looney has outplayed him this series.

MDA cannot play Gerald Green anymore. Please. Like, I know we are short on rotation players but anyone but him. He wasn’t even in for 30 seconds and the Warriors scored 5 quick points off his defensive lapses/fumbling the ball. Last year, he was actually oddly playable. I wish he could just give the team 5-8 minutes but he’s terrible.

Can we please see some Clark or revisit House for a bit? We need some more size. Tell them that they need to crash the boards after every shot.

Shumpert is so maddening. Defensively, he makes okay plays but then miscommunicates and leaves a player wide open for a dunk. We pretty much only play him by default. And to his credit, he hit some shots and played passable defense but it’s not a good feeling if he’s one of your only bench players.

I just really can’t believe we couldn’t find it in ourselves to control the game in the 4th. Like, I was expecting them to string some stops and buckets to get a 6-8 point lead but they seemed content being behind for 2-3 points and play from behind. The Warriors are too dangerous, even without Durant, to play that game. A 2 point game turned to 8 and effectively ended the game in 30 seconds. If you have the chance to stomp on their throats you have HAVE to do it.

So ducking frustrating.

10. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

There’s the irony/parallel of KD going down in game 5 and completely changing the complexion of the series much like last year in game 5 when CP3 went down in spite of the home team win.........interesting to say the least

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Kerr: Our guys are F'n giants...

They are coming into this next game with so much momentum.

12. Voltik

Voltik Member

Maybe all three and including Harden were out with strippers last night for MDA pre birthday party.

bilaal14 and PeterKingX like this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

No one can figure out the Rockets. KD goes out...and advantage Warriors? I think KD and Steph in the game at the same time kind of cancels Steph out somewhat because there aren't enough shots to go around. Steph is dangerous when he's doing most of the shooting because he finds his rhythm. I don't think it gets any easier. Warriors are still perfectly capable without KD.

14. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member

Harden put this Team on his back all year.. now he need help, We paid Chris for that time is now, this the moment he should Show up..

AuburnRocket and DavidRocket like this.
  15. Whats a mid-range?

I know it’s not the end of the series but damn it sure feels like it.

16. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Give me Bev, Lou Williams, and Harrell back. We win this game with them lmao

17. JW86

JW86 Member

The adjustment was fine, it was just too late and arguably the wrong one. Nene deserved it more.

kjayp likes this.
  18. Rox#1

Rox#1 Member

Omg.....last play of game being 3 down.....we forced klay to step out of bounds before he let go of the ball...Gordon got the ball and lost it with Livingston falling on top of his head. Ridic...where is the review!

House Rockets likes this.
  19. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Yeah, I know we need him against other teams. Don't mind me, this is just a knee jerk reaction, i'll cool down by tomorrow.

20. Roggit

Roggit Member

Everything you could have possibly asked for was handed to us and we blew it. Sorry, but unless KD stays out, this game was the series.

We could have been the team that dethroned the Warriors.

We had it. In our hands. And fumbled.