1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 ClutchFans Mock Draft - Texans 1st Round

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 8, 2019.

?

Who do you think the Texans will pick at 1-23?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2019.
  1. Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Deandre Baker, DB, Georgia

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  7. Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. Dalton Risner, OL, Kansas State

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Dillard/Greedy/Little for me, in that order.. Risner/Layne in the second.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The difficulty with these types of polls is that it doesnt in any way require you to evaluate the likelyhood that the player will still be there.

I just looked at the seven "expert" mock drafts on NFL.com. Average selection position for Dillard rounds down to 12th overall. 3 of the expertd have him going to Carolina at #16, and 3 have him going to Buffalo at #9 (last one is to Cincinatti at #11). Not one of them thinks he will be there by the time that the Texans draft.

I mean, if Kyler Murray is there at 23, I'm all gung ho for drafting him there, even though it isnt a need position. But it won't happen so the question is moot. I would say that chances as slightly better for Dillard being there at 23, but I wouldn't call it likely. But if you put something in front of me asking if the Texans should draft Kyler Murray at #23 I'll give that a big thumbs up over the rest of these guys.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

I hear you. I survey the mock drafts before putting the names in the polls. Not just the ones on NFL.com. A lot of writers have mocked Dillard to the Texans. Some that mocked him to Houston are: Mcshay/Kiper (ESPN.com), Pete Prisco (CBS), USA Today, The Ringer, etc. HoustonTexans.com does a survey of all the major mock drafts and Dillard is still the most popular prospect mocked at 1-23.

https://www.houstontexans.com/news/mock-draft

FWIW I picked Little on this poll because I think Dillard will be gone.

Ottomaton and red5rocket like this.
  6. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Haven't been around the board for a couple weeks and missed out on the vote.
    Woulda voted Jonah Williams.

7. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

I agree with those predicting a huge OL run in the draft, Dillard long gone.
    If Dillard is still there the Texans will sprain an ankle running up to the podium. Same with Greedy Williams, who will also be gone but, if not, ...

I predict AJ Brown. The Texans are incredibly thin at WR and this draft is also incredibly thin there. Relying on Fuller and Coutee to be healthy is ...

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

What if Hollywood Brown is still there at 23?

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Bust

10. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

PS I want to add Noah Fant along with Brown. BOB is desperate for a move TE. Unsure if Fant can block at all, though- with our OL and system the TE needs to be able to at least chip someone.

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I’m okay with the Jordan’s. Adding Font would mean we pass on an OT in the first round. Shouldn’t happen.