1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I can’t remember the last time I watched the Rockets play GS and thought: “Wow, HOU can’t win.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Theking

Theking Member

This! Beat Utaw then **** GSW up

whiskeyred likes this.
  2. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I'd say PJ is as tough as ever on defense, EG still streaky, and Nene was never going to be a factor in this series anyway. I think the additions of Nene/House/Rivers are enough to off-set the aging, along with Harden's nuclear season. I also agree that Draymond isn't what he once was, and while I don't think Boogie makes it easier on us, I don't think he helps GS that much in this series (assuming we make it).

I also get the feeling that the Golden State dynasty is about to crumble or at least lose the cheat-code, All-Star, multiple Hall of Famers Starting-Five. Would be great to be the camel that breaks that straws back if we can somehow pull it out. Regardless, exciting time to be a Rockets fan and for the rest of the league.

3. biina

biina Member

I felt like that a few times last year but the matchup is even worse this year.

This year, they can choose when to use cousins/iguodala/looney and keep their offense purring. For example, if Cousins is on the floor, Capella, would have his work cut out from rim to perimeter, and if capella switches out to a guard, GSW can dump to cousins inside.

Harden is not going to carry the offense enough to win if we cant stop them at the other end. Series will be decided on how well rockets defend.

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

lets not forget shumpert. he played pretty well in the last game, and is sericeable on D. House's defense is just average. they will score on him, but at least its good enough to stop the first move, good enough for the help defender to come. He needs to go off from 3, since he's the one who's going to be open.

5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I went back and watched game 1 and 2 of the WCF.

Harden was magnificent of course.

Warriors hid Curry on Ariza who at times tried to take advantage of the matchup but Ariza was limited on offense this series. Who do they hide Curry on this year? A slashing House or driving Gordon?

Tucker did fantastic job on Durant and the rockets defense forced GS to go majority of ISO which threw the entirety of Warriors offense out of sync.

Believe it or not, Nick Young kept the Warriors in much of the game by making shots but luckily Playoff Gerald Green came to play.

I did notice CP3 movements were extremely fluid but his ability to cut and drive or stop on a dime screamed “injury” waiting to happen. Have not seen that type of movement this year which gives me hope. Basically he’s not throwing his body around in unforgiving ways.

6. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Lorne!!! Are you being positive?? [​IMG][​IMG]

7. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Cousins just got completely played off the court, and probably out of the series by Lou Williams.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Winning the 4th game is tons harder even than winning the first 3. And latter is not easy.

Thing is Rockets win fairly easily at the Oracle's.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mismatch.

10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Cousins with 9 points on 4/12 shooting, 6 turnovers and 6 fouls. -17 in just 21 minutes.

This is my last bump on this thread until the second round but only a complete coaching disaster would prevent the next round from basically being a rematch.

Cousins has truly been overrated for a while, and he’s coming off the worst injury in sports.

11. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Are those shades Rockets shaped rose colored?