1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I can’t remember the last time I watched the Rockets play GS and thought: “Wow, HOU can’t win.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Apr 11, 2019.

1. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Draymond Green is OUT of his athletic prime. Done, finished. The guy who terrorized WC offenses is long gone. His foot speed has regressed, he can’t guard elite talent on the perimeter anymore.

Athletically he’s still a damn good rim protector, but no longer Gobert-level.

They don’t have shooting outside KD/Klay/Curry.

Iguodala is annoyingly pretty much still who he was even 3 yrs ago however. I don’t know why he won’t just drop off already.

Looney has developed into a good player who unserstands positioning on both ends.

Boogie is an offensive blackhole and is exploitable in a lot of ways defensively. On top of that he’s lost some bounce. He still is nimble for his size though.

I think Draymonds regression alone makes them worse than last year but roughly the same team.

This Rockets team traded smarts for athleticism. House is better than Ariza though I’m still not sure how his man defense will hold up.

He’s definitely not horrific like Green. But he’s also not super quick laterally like Rivers. And he seems to lack strength a tad.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I like the optimism but I disagree with pretty much everything you said.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Nah, he's pretty much right on everything.

It's only hard to see if you're blinded by the media's image of THE GREATEST BASKETBALL DYNASTY OF ALL TIME!

Some of us have our shades on.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

How about we worry about Golden State when we're actually playing them.

jeevinesh, gatsby, rocks123 and 10 others like this.
  5. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

And I genuinely disagree with all of this.

I’m never optimistic.

You haven’t watched as much of the league as I have the past two years, realistically.

Boogie is still inefficient and their offense tanks with him on the floor. New Orleans had the same Boogie problem last year and was FAR better after he went down. Went from playing .500 ball to comfortably making the postseason, dominating Portland, and taking a game off GS. All without him.

Boogie’s been overrated for years now. More than that, he absolutely is exploitable due to his ridiculous foul habit and slow feet.

Draymond is a lot worse than ever athletically. I’m not even gonna go through that.

House has every advantage over Ariza offensively. Far better ball handler and passer, and finisher, and shooter. Shooter off the dribble as well. And he’s much fresher. Ariza always tailed off offensively when his minutes got high. Defensively, the gap isn’t isn’t clear to me yet. Interested in how others see their defense. But offensively there’s no question at all.

6. whathappened

whathappened Member

League is rigged and the warriors are the biggest cash cow in the playoffs especially with lebron sitting at home.

deb4rockets, bizzy045 and DreamShook like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden will have to be great to push through the corruption. I think he can do it to be honest he just can't rely on the refs in winning time..

jeevinesh, Rudyc281, topfive and 5 others like this.
  8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Nope, I have. I still disagree.

This isn’t a who’s right or wrong conversation here. It’s a your opinion is yours and mine is mine. Everything you’ve posted is all opinion based and for the most part I disagree.

That’s that.

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

hmm, I have. G7 last year when we kept bricking 3s and refs not giving us calls. I already knew we were going to lose beginning of the 4th.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

GSW wouldn't be GSW if they at least did not try to make it more interesting.

I think in KD's first season they looked unbeatable and in the regular season before that.

How many ships did they have now - 3 or 4? Stopped counting and be interested in.

Ah, only 3.

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I agree with the OP but house isnt better than ariza. Ariza was vital part of our run last year. I know he was bricking most of the playoffs last year but he was the x-factor in our switch defense and big part why it worked. House has the athleticism to be a good defender but he isnt quite there yet.

jeevinesh likes this.
  12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

F the Worriers

Theking likes this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

We were a better team last year, because the sum of our parts were greater. Not so much this year.

House better than Ariza? No need to go there since it’s wrong and House hasn’t proven ****.

We’ll have a chance sure, but I wouldn’t underestimate the impact Boogie and DG can have. Watch them get rebound after rebound, punishing our small lineups and then see if you still feel the same way.

deb4rockets and jeevinesh like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

House is like the ZYX factor, not much data on him in the playoffs.

jeevinesh likes this.
  15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

We should not have too much optimism after the choking job playing against OKC.

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Don't know why we wouldn't have as good as shot this year as last year. Ariza's defensive presence will be missed, but I actually think the rest of the team is stronger when you consider Mbah a Moute was done by the Golden State series last-year.

17. igotwhipscollectingdust

For some reason I can’t help but feel like the Rockets will lose in 5. Harden needs to go nuclear.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One year older - mostly PJ, CP, Ego. Nene.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

knowing are luck we creep buy gsw in 7 in some miracle, and be so tired for game 1 and 2 of the western confernce finals and take 0-2 back to nuggets at denver, and lose out that series 4-3.

Then next years theme will be "Run it Back Again At the Golden Nugget, James Harden Strippers half price
    !"

20. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I’d start by beating the Jazz

deb4rockets, Harrisment and Theking like this.