1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I'd highly recommend the WWE Title match, they played it off well, especially KO with moves to keep up with Ali, even had 2 close calls with his neck, and one where he almost hit his head on the commentator table after jumping off the top rope

Shield match wasn't bad, was a throwback of their heel debut stage, hard to believe it'll be 7 years in Nov since they debuted

2. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

The next TakeOver after WM weekend is in San Jose (Bayley’s hometown) so its a pretty safe bet Sasha & Bayley defend the tag titles on that show against lo Shirai and Kairi Sane. After that I’d expect Sasha and Bayley to go back to singles action with The Man as champ

RAW Tag title match, WWE Championship and US Title match at Fastlane were all great

3. Fantasma Negro

Everything but mania sucked last year. The rumble this year was meh but that piece of **** last night with the exception of the Daniel Bryan and Samoa Joe matches was atrocious

4. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I thought WM 34 was atrocious. The only memorable match too take from it was the Ronda/Angle vs HHH/Steph Tag. Rollins/Balor/Miz was good. Styles/Nakamura was a dream match that didnt deliver..would have been bigger if it was the culmination of a feud not the start.

Loved both Rumble matches from the last two years. Asuka/Becky and Ronda/Sasha were fantastic women’s title matches. Daniel Bryan/AJ had a culmination of a feud and a 25 minute match. Lesnar/Balor was short but incredible too see. Cruiserweight Title match was a show stealer.

I love the champions WWE has in place and the likely challengers..Becky, Charlotte, Rollins, Kofi, etc SHOULD make this one of the best WM’s ever...gonna take 5-6 classic matches too topple RR as the show of the year

Dave2000 likes this.
  5. Dave2000

hmmm ok, guess I am in the minority

let me ask, I am guessing you are comparing to the other stuff like New Japan and ROH stuff?

6. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

ROH in the last few years has really fallen apart and it’s only going to get worse now that they have lost all the Elite guys and are going to lose Scrull, Gordon, etc when there contracts expire very shortly. Their TV show is unwatchable (and it’s free on the Fite app). I’ll be surprised if ROH lasts another five years. WWE/NXT/Impact/AEW are better companies that any wrestler should strive for. At best ROH is going to succeed on a PWG/Chikara indie level. They wouldn’t have sold out the Garden if tickets went on sell after all the AEW hoopla with knowing Omega, Bucks, Y2J, Hangman, Cody, etc weren’t going to be on the card

New Japan is still awesome with Jay White, Okada, Naito, etc but unless they enter a partnership with AEW they are going to suffer getting over in the U.S. And will likely lose more top stars as AEW can write the bigger checks as can Vince.

7. Fantasma Negro

What's with all the leather jackets lately?

8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

New TV Tapings were tonight and with Ciampa being sidelined for 6+ months a new TakeOver main event was made.
    Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole 2 out of 3 Falls for the vacant NXT Championship

9. Beavis Stiffler

There’s gonna be a double turn. I’m calling it.

Gargano joins and becomes the new leader of The Undisputed Era. Cole gets kicked out of the faction and turns face.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I thought the first half of 34 was great. It was projecting to an all time great. And then it fell off a cliff.

11. Beavis Stiffler

I’m kinda disappointed that Asuka will not get her WrestleMania moment even if she wins the women’s battle royal, it’s not going to be on the PPV main card.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Aaron Judge is Braun Strowman's size?

13. Dave2000

less than a week away, I'm getting pretty damn pumped for Sunday, leaving Thursday, going to Axxess Friday, WrestleCon Saturday, then Mania of course Sunday, getting back Monday, so I'll be missing out on the Raw after Mania, first one I've missed with the previous 4 I've been to (25,32,33,34)

14. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Ronda/Becky/Charlotte brawl was amazing. Shoulda ended RAW nothing could top that.

One of the best TakeOver and WM cards ever. Only gripes is Angle/Cena should be Angle’s last opponent. No men’s Tag title matches announced. KO having a WWE title match at the last PPV and not even being on the card, same goes with Shinsuke & Rusev, Big E and X. Andrade/Ali/Jeff Hardy deserve a better spot after the years they’ve had. Could added all three and KO and made the U.S. title match a ladder match

Dave2000 likes this.
  15. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Usos vs The Bar vs Shinsuke & Rusev vs Ricochet & Black is a potential showstealer

Dave2000 likes this.
  16. Dave2000

I am pretty bummed no KO for Mania, but his KO Show with Orton/AJ was awesome, after Orton delivered the "corporate b****" line, KO's mic drop and leaving the ring was hilarious

This card is stacked, still wondering if they are going throw in a Raw Tag Team match on the card, they already said the 2 battle royals and 205 title match will be on the preshow

Being on the east coast, the event is not gonna end till midnight at the earliest, I remember getting back to the hotel at about 1-2am for WM33 in Orlando

17. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

KO needs to take Corbin out and face Angle. If there’s no Cena at WM.

Dave2000 likes this.
  18. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

With AOP being out with Akam’s injury and Ciampa getting hurt the Tag division on RAW besides the Revival is lackluster. Gable & Roode are a good Team but much better as singles wrestlers with much different styles. Ricochet & Black probably won’t be a long term team and. If Revival has a match I think I read Ryder & Hawkins might get the shot. Id favor a Big E/Woods run in w/ the Revival or a KO/Sami reunion

19. VanityHalfBlack

There's like 50 freaking shows going on during Mania weekend, lol.

20. Dave2000

If Rey really is injured I'd love KO to replace him and face Joe