1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would it take for 3rd seed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SRR21, Feb 14, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I hate to say it (and forgive me if someone posted this here, I skipped to the end of the thread) but the game now might be to secure the 6th or 7th seed to avoid Golden State until the WCF. (Glancing up, @Deuce addressed this.) At least, Daryl in his heart of hearts might want this, although aiming for a certain seed has backfired on him before ('whatever you guys do, don't switch......AAAAARRGH, no!").

I hate to be negative but good God, between injuries, apathy, bad / missed signings, and the owner of mediocre gumbo restaurants, it's been disappointing to say the least.

Feedoffdoubt and solid like this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not losing to the Minnesotas and Orlandos of the league would be a start

We aren't going to finish in the top 3 which means we will likely have a date with GS in the 2nd round

D-rock and J Sizzle like this.
  3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Bring House back, Fight for 3.

4. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

James Harden could stop chasing Wilt Chamberlain's record, but instead focus on winning games instead. Spread the points/rebounds/assists. Stats shouldn't be an end.
    If in the unlikely event that the Rockets win the NBA championship, then yes, maybe the stats would be nice to have. They would only serve to validate the performance.

Purvis2Short likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are not getting the 3rd seed.

They gave that away when they lost to OKC and Minnesota.

Since December 11th (over two months) the Rockets have lost to Miami by 2, Orlando, lost to Brooklyn in the last minute, blew a lead in N.O., blew a lead against OKC and Minnesota.

Had the Rockets played focused, they would be 28-4 since December 11th.

Instead the Rockets are 22-10 with loses to Minnesota/Orlando/New Orleans/Brooklyn and Miami

That is the difference between the Rockets being the #2 seed (alone) and only 2 games behind GS at the break.

D-rock, Deuce, yixiixiy and 5 others like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah..... has it ever dawned on you that James Harden is scoring as much as he is because he has to?

D-rock likes this.
  7. biff17

biff17 Member

Wow, take that for data.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lmao

If this team can even make it out of the 1st round...

9. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Pay the REFS

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Flux Capacitor + 88 MPH

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

A miracle ?!

12. rocks123

rocks123 Member

i feel like hes been gone two months already and i when i checked oh my GOD its just a month? Time slows down when the team is struggling.

TracywtFacy and hakeem94 like this.
  13. rocks123

rocks123 Member

the best case scenario is for lakers to enter the play off as 8th seed hoping lebrons pride and lakers youth could give GSW some problem early. we faced them on the second round humming. Because honestly we might enter the first round with chemistry issue still.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Spread the stats around to who?

D-rock likes this.
  15. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

They'd basically need Capela/CP3/Harden trio to win at the rate they were last year when they were all on the floor. History shows its possible.

D-rock likes this.
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Guys got paid this year. Capela got his first taste of big NBA money and came back with a freakin blonde streak in his head and has spent significant time injured. CP3 ot his $160 million retirement package and of course could be seen most nights clapping on the sideline in his expensive suit injured. I'm sure this hasn't gone over well with Fertita , who is a new owner with NBA Sticker shock, who has decided to close the purse on Morey. Morey had one of his worst offseasons as he missed on damn near everyone but Clark and House. But he then screwed that up because the wrong guy has the two way deal. At the end of the day, none of it got them closer to a title.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets need to go 17-8 just to get to 50 wins while OKC would have to collapse and go 13-12

OKC is 8-2 in their last 10, they’ve been rolling

it’s not happening

I’m hoping that OKC can get up to the 2nd seed, Denver falls to 3rd, and we fall to 6th

GS
    OKC
    Den
    Port
    Utah
    Hou
    SA
    whoever

18. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

A coach with situational awareness, Harden playing defense, better ball movement, and the return of Clint Capela.

19. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Harden averaging 80

20. vick

vick Member

Keep Harden away from any titty bars.