1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

#icecreambars

2. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Jimmy Havoc signs with AEW.

Orton’s willing to talk with them, they are said to have made a lucrative/too good too pass up offer to a top current WWE guy..likely AJ or Ambrose and Finn Balor posted a cryptic tweet with a picture with Jericho

3. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I'm thinking AJ or Ambrose are the best possibilities. Finn has always sounded happy to be in WWE and he likes to screw with fans on social media.

4. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I hope today is Kenny Omega day in Vegas! Double or Nothing Rally and Roster Reveal

Drew Gulak vs Matt Riddle on this weeks NXT is pretty brutal submission stuff, probably the best two submission guys in the company.

5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I think I’m going to Double or Nothing!

What an awesome card they are putting together

-Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho
    -Hangman Page vs Pac
    -The Young Bucks vs The Lucha Bros
    -SoCal Uncensored vs CIMA and 2 TBD partners
    -Sammy Guevara vs. TBD
    -Kylie Rae vs Nyla Rose

Probably 3 more matches on the maincard and 2 matches on the pre-show like at All In with... Cody, Jimmy Havoc, Joey Janela, MJF, Aja Kong, Yuka Sakazaki, Brandi Rhodes, Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D., Sonny Kiss, Jungle Boy & Best Friends, probably more AAA talent from their partnership, etc and whoever else they add via the YouTube shows

6. VanityHalfBlack

Bro, have fun man. Should be a good show.

7. body slam

body slam Member

LAX Lucha Bros was great this week on Impact. If you did not see it you really need to check it out. There is a reason these are two of the top tag teams in the world today.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Yep Can't go wrong with them two teams. Yo jordynne grace is thic bruh, THIC!!!!! Kiera Hogan lookin good too.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  9. body slam

body slam Member

RVD and Sabu vs Lucha Bros April 4 Impact United We Stand on Twitch. Not sure how the twitch stuff works. If Impact is smart they would make this a free show. I know RVD and Sabu are past their prime, but for free I think Impact haters would tune in to see those two. Then you put a great card with it to get them to tune in again.

10. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

AEW had over 25k sign up for the pre-sale and sold out 16k in less than an hour. Omega vs. Jericho for the first time in the U.S. probably could of sold out a 30k seat venue. But I understand the huge history of the venue of their first show and not wanting to take too big of a first step

11. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Looks like AXS TV will broadcast Double or Nothing, there tv deal is suppose to start in October I’m guessing on a bigger network from reports, maybe ESPN starts a weekly show

12. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Undertaker AEW speculation

Posted on his Instagram a pic of him and Michelle in front of a private jet with the caption “landed late last night” “must be meeting with someone important” “#ontheroadagain”

Today he confirmed he’ll be at Starrcast II in Vegas on May 26th

13. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

is he under WWE contract at all? Or is he just a freelancer but didn't talk to anybody outside of WWE like Jericho until he did NJPW and now AEW?

I don't buy in that he's AEW bound, but stranger things have happened.....

14. body slam

body slam Member

[​IMG]
    are you sure he's not going to make a Impact somewhere else?

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

16. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Probably not. That pics from 2013.

I think his contract is up, he wants to work WM but Vince doesn’t have anything for him. If AEW who’s supposedly responsible for ponying up the cash to pay his 25k/hour appearance and signing can write him something fresh (can’t fathom it) I think he’d be interested in working the big shows

17. body slam

body slam Member

to quote Eli Drake " dummy yeah!" that pic is from Jan 2019

Dave2000 likes this.
  18. body slam

body slam Member

2020 Royal Rumble will be at Minute Maid Park January 26th. I think the juice box is awesome for baseball but after seeing the Eagles concert there last year I don't think I would want to see wrestling there

19. jsingles

jsingles Member

I might check it out. Not much of a fan these days, but having been to Wrestlemania 25 and seeing how grandiose it all can be, it's worth a look.

20. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

Damn, it’s been over 30 years since a Rumble was in Houston. Gonna have to go!

buffalobills!!! likes this.