1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Demps fired

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SRR21, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

At this point . .. . I wonder if AD has hamstrung the Pelican's season . . . .
    cause if they played as well as last year. . . AD will look worse leaving

Rocket River

BamBam and Mazulis like this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

They beat the Rockets and OKC recently so it's not as if the team around him is crap either. Sure they might not be elite but, from a talent perspective, they had more of it than what Harden had during most of his offensive onslaught.

That, to me, says more about AD than the players surrounding AD.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Demps sucked...don’t feel sorry for him at all

he lasted longer than he should’ve to begin with

buffalobills!!! and bulkatron like this.
  4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Davis is definitely overrated.

But look at NO's moves in aggregate. Demps has frequently tied up the cap with bad contracts. He traded a first rounder for Asik, and then gave him one of the worst contracts in the NBA. Same with Ajinca, Solomon Hill, etc... This has been his MO for a loooooooong time.

Mirotic and Cousins were definitely hits, although the Cousins rental was derailed by the Achilles injury.

But Demps never put together a true contender. He put together some good teams, but nothing great. This isn't to say that Davis isn't overrated - he is - but Demps didn't really help him out. The best was last years team, particularly when they first got Mirotic. Before that, you have to go back to the CP3 days.

5. JW86

JW86 Member

Sad state the NBA is in where Davis is complemented for "choosing" his own team and destiny, not even taking into account the timing and his demands are totally messing up a franchise. **** the NBA, glad I don't really follow it anymore.

Sajan and MD_in_Training like this.
  6. MD_in_Training

I agree. I have watched zero NBA games outside of the Rockets this year. It has been going down significantly for the past several years. Overall ratings for the league is stagnating if not outright decreasing.
    If it wasn’t for ESPN and Turner Sports throwing a Hail Mary by shoving extravagant amounts of money at the league, I think there would be a lockout.
    The viewership numbers simply don’t support the valuations and the tv deals that the league has secured.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Every single time I see one of these positions come available I think Hinkie will get another shot but he never does. Don't him to expect to get this opportunity either. It's a shame because he is probably the best available candidate I'm aware of.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dear New Orleans Pelicans fans:

I want to thank you for supporting the Pelicans during my time as general manager of the team.

New Orleans will always be near and dear to my family and me. It's a place that welcomed us with open arms and felt like home from Day One. The kindness and pride of the people, the food and the culture is second to none. NOLA is the city that my wife Anita and I watched our son Riley grow from a 10-year old kid to a high school graduate at Isidore Newman School.

Pelican Fans, I will always remember the buzz in the arena during the playoffs when everyone wore red shirts and your passion inspired our team to victory.

Through the highs and the lows, your love for the team did not go unnoticed.

Thanks to the players. Thanks to the coaches, staff and front office. Thanks to all the people who worked at the Smoothie King Center. Thanks to all the people that worked behind the scenes.

A special thanks to the Benson family, Mickey Loomis and Dennis Lauscha.

But most importantly,

THANK YOU New Orleans!

Sincerely,

Dell Demps

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ferry: "I let the Pelicans know throughout the process that for a few reasons the timing wasn't right for my family to move full time to New Orleans. It's a great job and deserves a full time focus. I have had a great experience with the Pelicans. I am happy to stay on to help them continue with the transition and to consult the next head of basketball operations if so desired."

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Dang.

So they're REALLY f***ed now.