1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Markieff Morris is one step away from the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Feb 8, 2019.

1. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

"The style of the rockets arouses great admiration and curiosity, he wants to have fun inside a basketball court"

I probably should have known better than to take this seriously after said quote. Like, I realize English is probably OP's second language but still. No one talks like that.

What posseses people to come on message boards like this & lie about having inside information? I guess it's some type of attention seeking behavior, but in any case it's not normal. Anyone who poses as an insider and turns out to be full of it should be instabanned.

ballsohard likes this.
  2. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

What. A. Joke.

3. PatBev

PatBev Member

CP3/Rivers
    Harden/Green
    Butler/Iman
    Morris/Faried
    Capella/Nene

If y’all weren’t so attached to PJ we could probably have this squad or better

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Time for Gortat i guess

5. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah he just says whatever and crypts his **** like hes Nostradamus lmao

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

That’s such a stupid assumption if there is no evidence.

In response to your pessimistic negative assumption made because you’re just upset, I can be just as unreasonable and say “wait, we know he’s friends with Harden, why would he not just wait 8 days?!?” Or “if it came down to the luxury tax Harden could have forced them to do it”

But I can admit that’s stupid.
    He chose OKC because that’s where he wanted to go and we know absolutely nothing else beyond that because the OP Eddie Cecko or whatever the hell is name is just shared made up and false info because people believe that sort of thing around here.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this has got to be one of the more schizo posts i've read in this forum this season, all over the place.

again, morris needing to wait until feb 22nd to sign with us is a cold hard fact. to make believe that this and that he's only offered the vet minimum are zero factors with morris (or any other potential signee) is just foolish.

saleem, Gray_Jay and blahblehblah like this.
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

9. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Yea like burt steele haha

MrSabotage likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah we have a chance. It's just tough to believe. I want the Rockets to win but I don't believe the organization wants it as bad as the fans do at this point. I understand this is all about business at the end of the day and maximizing the owners wealth.

bj3175 likes this.
  11. threepointshot3

Morris will probably start in OKC and the Rockets said no because of tucker

PeterKingX likes this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if he can get back to health this will be end up being a huge signing for them in the playoffs, particularly if we meet up. morris killed us in our loss at WAS earlier in the season.

13. Sino rocketfan

14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

STILL WAITING...

[​IMG]

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

LMAO...

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is probably the case honestly. Which is stupid. I love Tucker but the over valuation this team gives him is insane. His value as a player is better when he doesn’t have such a heavily defined role. I think he’s much more effective as a defensive free safety type you can use in different scenarios. He’s always going to have something important to do defensively every night regardless if he starts at the 4 or not.

Offensively, it’s not even close who fits this team more as a starter at the 4.

The Rockets were fools for not bending over backwards to Markieff. All the while we have 3 open roster spots at a crucial part of the season because our owner is a cheap b*stard.

17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

OkC may have got Morris lets see if it works I doubt it some guys are going to have their minutes sacrificed. Will see I am not sure if He would have been a good fit here anyway. We have a good enough team if our guys believe and play with their heart and leave the ego at the door

18. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I can see Morey going after Gortat. Another player he's always wanted.

kevtse and baller4life315 like this.
  19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

We wanted him to wait is what everyone was saying. Not he NEEDS to wait. So, yeah. Not a cold hard fact. Even so, that’s just one week away.
    For you to insinuate you KNOW that was a factor is the foolish part. If he wanted Houston over OKC why wouldn’t he just wait a week? If he wanted Houston over OKC, then you’re saying he probably thought Houston was a better fit, then why wouldn’t he go to a better fit for a little less money this year to make it up next year since you play better in a better fit.

What you refuse to accept is a 1) you know nothing about why he made this decision and 2) you refuse to believe a big man would simply prefer to go to OKC right now than Houston.

Two cold hard facts 1) you know nothing about why he made his decision and 2) it is possible a big man would prefer to join OKC over Houston.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If people have a problem with management so be it. If they wanna cry about how they’re conducting business no one can stop them, but at least don’t speak in facts unless it is unequivocally true.

Things can be worded as if one knows what’s true out of frustration, that’s fine. But don’t go back and forth with the argument that you know Morris’ thought process unless someone comes out and says “Morris wanted to go to Houston but he was asked to wait a week and he had no interest, or wanted money that they weren’t offering.” And that someone should be from Morris’ camp, not an Eddie Cecco or Burt Steele or whoever else.