1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Las Vegas Raiders

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tinman, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Looks Nice. Too bad it won't be open for the Daft Punk tour this summer.

That does not seem to show the retractable grass field that appeared in earlier renderings like the Cardinals have. That just might not be worth it with how far artificial turfs have come. There are probably 4-5 open air stadiums around the country that use turf as well as the domes so I doubt they think it's a big deal to do the same.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

They ultimately own the stadiums and/or all ensuing revenues, though; so I imagine the extra half-billion in franchise value will be of some comfort. LA was a pile of money and a pre-approved franchise for almost 20 years, I'm surprised no-one grabbed it until now.

3. Buck Turgidson

Do you really not understand why that didn't happen?

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner, if you actually want to explain it based on an argument and information, feel free.

5. Buck Turgidson

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

NBC Bay Area's Raj Mathai reports the Raiders will play the 2019 season in the San Francisco Giants' Oracle Park.
    Oracle is the new corporate sponsor for a stadium that had been named AT&T Park up until a few weeks ago. Per Mathai, the deal will be officially announced this week. It is not exactly an ideal solution. The Raiders are bouncing from one baseball stadium to another, only this one is not a true dual-use park. Oracle hosts a yearly bowl game and that's it. The Raiders' Vegas digs will supposedly be ready in 2020. We'll see.

tinman likes this.
  7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I wonder if they'll incorporate a baseball diamond into the new park for the sake of history. It wouldn't be the Raiders if the first month of the season wasn't played on dirt.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This sucks for the Giants... if they have any aspirations of contending, and playing into October, they’ll be playing on a torn up field for critical playoff games.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good, I'm tired of every place being called AT&T or American Airlines

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There’s now just as many places called “oracle”.

11. Brando2101

Not really. Oracle Arena is gone after this year.

tinman likes this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And then there will be more "Chase" stadiums/arenas to get sick of.

13. Brando2101

San Fransisco Mayor has come out against the 1 year deal but she doesn't have an official say. Only the NFL, the San Francisco 49ers and the Giants (who own the stadium) would have to approve.

14. Brando2101

49ers nixed Giants Ballparl. Raiders back to negeotating with Oakland Collisium.

Nook likes this.
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I had heard on the radio that there was a chance they might split time between Tucson and...Birmingham, AL. I'm guessing San Antonio has told them to f*** off after being used as a pawn.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Looks like you can walk to it, and I liked. But as you approach, are the kid flicking strip club cards going to be everywhere on a Sunday.

tinman likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

18. tinman

Supporting Member

They are suppose to extended the monorail from the Mandalay Bay to the stadium

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Nothing says luxury stadium like naming it after a cheap budget airline!

LMAO. Allegiant doesn't even a own gate at the main terminal in some airports like Austin's ABIA. You gotta drive 10 miles around to the south terminal which is basically a glorified bus stand right next to the tarmac.