1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TV commercials that annoy the hell out of you

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jun 14, 2016.

1. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

the gmc tailgate ad is the worst

Sajan, donkeypunch and arkoe like this.
  2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Smartphones from Cricket. “Hiiiiiiii” “bye-eee!!!!”

RocketWalta and donkeypunch like this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The braces commercial with donkey. Anything with stephanie curry.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Ouch. I love the Peloton commercials. Partly because I like spin and would love to have one if they weren't so freaking expensive. But I think the commercials are well-made, with good music and smokin' looking women. The Christmas one was also kinda funny, with both husband and wife sneaking rides.

My wife visited a local Rush Cycles. The ride instructors looked every bit the fitness instructors and most of the students looked like they have zero percent body fat. My wife marched me out... we went back to Gold's Gym where the classes have humans...

5. NewRoxFan

On the other hand, I get to scream out "Humpppp Daaaay!. Mike Mike Mike Mike...

ROCKSS and justtxyank like this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The thing is...I actually bike a lot! I ride my indoor trainer anytime i can't bike outside (I bike almost everyday) and Honestly it has to be because i registered for the MS150 a month ago. I literally get a Pelaton ad on every Youtube video i click on. It's not the quality but the quantity!

7. NewRoxFan

Hate riding my bike on the trainer. Nothing more boring. Rather ride in the rain that use my trainer. Spin classes are way more fun because of the music and variation in effort. While I would miss the motivation of a live instructor and other students (Rush Cycle publishes our performance stats and even ranks you)... but at least the on-line aspect kinda provides motivation.

Did the MS 150 years ago with my wife and a few friends. Really fun ride, and the midway party is a blast but when you wake up and start day 2 your legs feel OK but its tough to get back up on that saddle. I almost used my recumbent but the first part of day two involves a climb through Bastrop park so I used my road bike. The ride into Austin is really rewarding... lots of people line the streets to cheer you on.

Have a fun (and safe) ride!

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

Thanks!

It'll be my first endurance ride but I beast outdoors (think because of the indoor training). I usually do 20 miles every other day outdoors. I ride from my house out to Elanor Tinsley Park and back. I usually ride the trainer during Rockets games. I ride the entire game and on fast breaks I push! It sorta keeps the boredom at bay.

9. NewRoxFan

I moved here from California where I used to mountain bike (mostly for fun, races on occasion). I actually didn't like road bikes in California. Moving here limited the MTBing (still ride a few places, Ho Chi Minh, Cypress, Bluff Creek, Flint Ridge) so I bought the road bike and did a few centuries. Still find road boring but the long rides like the MS150 are fun.

You might want to step up the mileage... more for the mental. Being on a bike that long wears on you. Except for Bastrop is very flat, but you will get hit by winds that can wear you down. One tip I learned was you need a fan on the trainer and a towel on the bike or the sweat really eats into the paint and metal (I have a steel road bike... a Lemond Buenos Aires). That and good tires... got keep the pressure so high but not beat you up.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

I ride tubeless mountain outdoors exclusively. No way I can do a road bike in this city especially riding in from my side of town. You're right about the trainer and fan. first few weeks without one were brutal since I'm on it for almost 3 hours. I kinda want to ride mountain for the MS. It's a nice bike (GT Pantera) and I'm super comfy on it and I know i can average 13 mph no problem. I haven't ridden my road bike (90's Trek with downtube shifters) in years.

11. NewRoxFan

People ride all sorts of bikes on the MS150... recumbents, road bikes, MTBs, cruisers, tandems, and even unicycles. You can certainly ride the GT and its always best to ride what you are comfortable on. That said... I'd suggest the road bike if possible (or borrow one). Your mountain bike tires will drag after a while (too much rolling resistance) and the sitting position isn't as conducive to long distances. If you are determined to ride the MTB at least get different tires and even wheels to make it more road friendly. Two days rolling, and your bike is more upright, so you will be slowed more by rolling resistance and wind while riding upright. Your butt will be even more sore as most of your weight will be on your seat.

btw, that GT is a nice MTB. I almost got the GT Zaskar when I bought my first racing bike (Klein Fervor). I've had ten bikes but really miss that Klein. Back surgery and many years later I am riding a Cannondale full suspension bike now.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  12. Sajan

Sajan Member

why don't you two get a room and discuss your bike fetish there?

NOW POST A TERRIBLE AD.

13. Buck Turgidson

Right? I don't know what a peloton is, but I can sure as hell learn how to hate bike people really quickly.

Killatron 2000 and Sajan like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Maybe y'all just needed a picture... :D

[​IMG]

15. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I was just about to post this. THE WORST commercial on these days.
    It's as if they thought hmmm, let's use the way annoying Miami girls speak and say Hi and Bye and make that a commercial.

I would go out of my way to ever use Cricket just because of that ad.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It's all I can do not to throw something at the screen every time that comes on.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  17. donkeypunch

Holy moly.......! Thats a lot of miles......!

J.R. likes this.
  18. donkeypunch

Doritos commercial. Why the hell is Chance trying to sound like Louisiana Wayne? Thats not your style man. You suck at it.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I can't emphasize how much they overplayed this during the rockets games. It was always stuck in my head