1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ghostbusters 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

Hopefully this is better than the travesty that was the 2016 version.

Leslie Jones sho is mad though.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They can't afford to screw this one up, hopefully they make a quality movie this time around.

3. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Well everyone loved Ghostbusters 2 in 89 so this is a can't miss.

MadMax and Roscoe Arbuckle like this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Take a different tact on this one...make it a serious film.

My opinion is this type of comedy became unfunny after the 80s. I doubt you can repeat its success. It worked because it had just the right cast of some great folks. Bill Murray was a big part of that. If you find the next Bill Murray, then it might work again. Good luck.

Something tells me Pete Davidson will be in it.

5. Roscoe Arbuckle

It's going to be written by Ivan Reitman's son, so I'd hope he'll do it justice.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

To me a positive sign will be if they convince Rick Moranis to come back to making movies. They offered him a role in the Ghostbusters reboot and he turned it down after reading the garbage ass script. He's said recently that now that his kids have all grown up he's looking to make a comeback but he won't do so unless the movie is going to be good. If he thinks it's good, it'll be a good sign IMO.

Joshfast likes this.
  7. Roscoe Arbuckle

IMO, I think they all come back to honor Reitman. (and if you don't notice, the original library music is being played in this intro.(

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

That trailer has me excited. And I can see a teenage cast working quite well. It all comes down to the story. That's what doomed the reboot. In all honesty, it was a decent film that wasn't given much of a chance. The all-female group actually had good chemistry together and the film had some nice special effects. It had two cardinal sins though: it was a reboot instead of a direct sequel and the story fell apart in the end with a bad climactic battle.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  9. Roscoe Arbuckle

Don't forget the dance number they scratched and moved to the end credits because test audiences thought it was (rightfully) ridiculous.

10. SuraGotMadHops

I posted this in the other Ghostbusters 3 thread...but I actually dreamed an entire Ghostbusters 3 in my sleep a couple years ago. Egon has died since Ghostbusters 2 - but he's not really dead, he is trapped in another dimension. He has been able to contact the current younger crew of Ghostbusters with an explanation on how to bring him back. The younger Ghostbusters need Peter and Ray's help, Ray is on board (he's a professor now) but Peter went crazy and hasn't gotten out of bed (a la Brian Wilson) for the last 30 years. There's a hearing to get some federal funding for new equipment to get this new project rolling, but Peter refuses to provide much needed testimony unless he gets to stay in bed. There is a scene where Peter is wheeled into court on a hospital bed to give live testimony.

JunkyardDwg likes this.
  11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I totally agree, people take the hate on this movie so far the repression is almost tangible. It was like, okay. It wasn’t even alright. It was just ok. IMO the first half was funny but the story line was indeed weak and they tried to push the hemsworth thing too hard. The lamenting about the female cast was and is pathetic though. Seriously, if you weren’t laughing the first 30 min of that movie you gotta crazy amounts of sticks up your butt.

JunkyardDwg likes this.
  12. JunkyardDwg

I can totally envision this happening, and Bill Murray would pull it off so well.

13. JunkyardDwg

Painful! The only saving grace during the credits is when they went to the roof to see the city thank them. That dance stuff (even the little they left in) nearly killed the movie for me.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Ghostbusters, Bad Boys, Star Wars, Coming to America etc.... attending movies is so "late decade", Hollywood needs to recreate past success.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Liked trailer. Think the content can still be relevant, but the last movie was so piss poor I couldn't even finish it. I think they can go serious to reboot this, or go funny route, but they better make it damn funny. Not many comedy sequels have made it. Naked Gun, Hot Shots, and 21 Jump St. 21 worked because they fun of themselves brilliantly. Naked and Hot shots are just over the top humor. But I mean what else, so they need to get really creative to their approach.