1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO TV] True Detective Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 9, 2015.

1. TheresTheDagger

First episode: Very intriguing.

Getting ready to watch the 2nd episode now.

2. TheresTheDagger

Ok, 2 episodes in. Here we go...

First off, I really like it so far. VERY, VERY similar vibe to Season 1, with some very similar circumstances I won't reveal for spoiler purposes....almost too similar. Nonetheless, the creepiness factor felt very similar and their are details galore if you don't pay attention too, could be easily missed.

In any case, so far so good. Looking forward to some good ole fashioned Clutchfans speculation!

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Watched the first episode, thought it was pretty good. Mahersala is a BEAST actor.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes, very curious to see where it all goes.....

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I'm hooked. Really good first two episodes. Pleasantly surprised by Stephen Dorff's chops in this. Hope it keeps up. Pretty similar to Season 1 but I have zero issues with that.

6. Buck Turgidson

Dorff was the most pleasant surprise, no doubt. I'm all in.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Looking forward to watching this. Thanks for the spoiler free reviews of the first 2 episodes. Love hearing it has the look and feel of season 1. That's what I want.

8. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Great! I'm really looking forward to it now but I think I'm going to wait and binge it when it's all out.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I thought it was really good and well done. I want to know what the peep hole was used for (i can guess several things)

And the trailer that shows what is coming makes it look like it will be a damn good season.

GRENDEL likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

I assumed it was shady uncle spying on his niece

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The girl seems really young. I wonder though if it was the brother spying/wanting to protect/etc his sister from that guy. Or some type of variation of that.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, but I hope they're just alluding to parts of it, if they try to rehash that story with some different plot points thrown in I'll be incredibly disappointed and the result won't be anywhere near the Paradise Lost documentaries, which are fantastic.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cotton Mouth is one of the best in the biz.

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The music is so good in this show, it really maintains the thrill and suspense along with bridging a certain feel to the entirety of it all. Also the lead acting and the support acting is 100%. Loving it.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

OK, I'm hooked. I like everything - the actors are top notch, the photography is spot on (I've been to NW Arkansas and that's exactly how it looks) and the music is simply fantastic. I really like the telling of the story from the three different points in the lifetime of the main character because I can relate to what he's going through especially in his mind's eye. After seeing sooooo much unoriginality in both movies and TV these days, this story comes across as refreshingly realistic with vivid depictions of life and the emotional toll it takes on those living in poorer areas of rural America.

17. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

How many walmarts?

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

As an aside, I've been to Bentonville back when you had to fly into Fayetteville, rent a car and drive to Bentonville in order to get to Walmart's HQ. This was back before the NW Arkansas Regional Airport was built. Saw a lot of NW Arkansas countryside. And yes, there is a Walmart across the road from their main headquarters. This season of True Detective takes place in the early 80s and 90s before you had the massive growth by Walmart so you don't see them everywhere like you do now.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the guy who directed it also made Green Room and Blue Ruin (although I think he left the show and didn't do the later episodes)

20. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

hbo model so superior to netflix. releasing whole thing at once dosent give the show chance to get hyped and gain steam etc. and i also enjoy them releasing two episodes out of the gate so i can actually sink teeth in. i normally hate split up time line story telling, but they are doing it in a way that is not confusing thankfully.

ryan_98 likes this.