1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

for such a good shooter, brooks struggling from the line as much as he does doesnt make sense

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

what a great win. down 15 comeback. loving this UH team. just as good if not better than last year, where they're not relying on mainly 1 player

MadMax and seemoreroyals like this.
  3. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

That was a tough game having to overcome poor officiating, turnovers, missed free throws, and a 17-2 run by LSU but somehow we did it. Great win for UH to build on and learn from.

MadMax likes this.
  4. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Better. I may be overreacting but as deep and as talented and as well coached as these kids are this may be the best team we have had since the days of Phi Slamma Jamma.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

i'd say i agree. definitely has the makings for a deeper ncaa tourney run this year. but as kelvin sampson has said, this team is just good atm but by the end of the year he expects them to get better and hopefully be great

Jturbofuel likes this.
  6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Jon Rothstein said on twitter this evening that if UH won tonight and Sunday they could crack top 15 in the rankings.

YOLO likes this.
  7. AFS

AFS Member

Coming into the season, I certainly wasn't expecting Galen Robinson to be our closer. But he is methodical on the offense and creates so many open looks.

8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Great win!!

9. PhiSlammaJamma

What was great about this win, aside from the comeback, was that LSU took away our weapons > effectively > and although it took a half, the Cougars adjusted by driving the ball > Robinson stepped up in the openings and delivered > something he couldn't do last year > but given the space > he rocked it. Brady stepped up. White stepped up. > And eventually Brooks realized he would need to drive the ball > which he in fact was able to do. That's huge. He and Davis from time to time will need to step inside the line and get points. They stop and pop like Cassell. I'd like to see them drive a little deeper but it may not be in their game. So lot's to love about this win because everyone made adjustments. I thought it was fairly officiated except for the replay near the end which was atrocious. LSU had the perfect strategy, man to man outside the paint, and it worked, but Houston still got the win. Against a talented team. And we played our usual D!

Like. We are better than last year If Robinson keeps this up. I was proud. I mean it really looks like he worked on his shot. We have 5 legitimate threats offensively now, and our bench brings something to the floor. There's a nice balance. And everyone is hitting free throws which bolds well.

MadMax likes this.
  10. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Very thankful that we have UH men's BB to watch while the Rockets continue to play somewhere between poor and mediocre basketball. I am hoping the Rockets will get well soon but in the meantime I am going to enjoy following the Cougar basketball team. I don't think I have watched a Rocket game all year that I enjoyed as much as the UH / LSU game last night.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah i didn't either. I had Hinton starting with corey right off the bat. But he's our only real pg on the roster. props to him for taking on the challenge this year thus far. I'm liking the way hes playing general out there. he's gotten alot better. And its nice how the team has shaken out as far as balance with Hinton being a huge weapon off the bench.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Cedrick Alley Jr. has been a great surprise as well. True Freshman starter. won't light up the box score but does all the little things for the coogs. Has come up huge defensively time and time again.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

No kidding! I love that guy. He and Galen are my favorite players to watch on this squad.

YOLO likes this.
  14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

March Madness just feels so empty without UH in the mix. Hopefully that will finally change this year!

Time to bring these back?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Roc Paint and Buck Turgidson like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

Stands were a little late filling up, but it got loud on the TV, esp in the 2nd half.

Great win for the Coogs, fun team to watch.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

They were in it last year and were a buzzer beater away from the Sweet 16. Hope you don't miss it this year!

Roc Paint and Buck Turgidson like this.
  17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Jarreau was not available to play in the last 7 games before this one. In game one he played a lot of minutes and had 10 points and 6 or 7 assists. At first it was thought that it was a rules issue that he broke, and then it was rumored that it was ineligibility. He was set to play against Ok. St. but tweaked his knee. This is why you saw him enter the game pretty early last night. He’s not an end of the bench guy for us. Granted, he looked very rusty last night but Sampson expects him to be a big part of this team.

But your notion that he’s been able to play and that Sampson simply isnt using him is incorrect. Just get on Coogfans and learn all about it.

#877 Tomstro, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

they played alabama a&m in the game he played. enough said

he was on the active roster and available to play from the beginning. the only reason you saw him enter the game early last night was bc of the ridiculous foul calls the coogs got for their whole team. the way this team has shaken out he has become an end of bench guy. was that the plan from the beginning? probably not bc there was a bit of hype with his transfer but that's just what it is at this point. Who knows something may happen that will give him more of an opportunity to play down the road but he isn't needed right now as ive said. and your claim of him being this top 3 player for the coogs is definitely incorrect

#878 YOLO, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

He was a 4 star recruit to UMASS and averaged 10 points and 5 assists as their freshman starting 6’5 point guard. We are good but that’s not someone that would be buried on our bench

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats great. so your basis is just bc he was a 4 star recruit. that means little when it comes to actual play and whats best for what a team has going for them. you know how many 4/5 star recruits get outplayed year in and year out. that label should in no way be the basis of whether you get pt or not