1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we just going to ignore JB Bickerstaff

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Dec 13, 2018.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Grizzlies are 16-11 when no one predicted that they'd be above .500

JB Bickerstaff is coaching the team to a winning record even though they have $25 million in dead money from Chandler Parsons.

are we just going to ignore?

Mazulis and hakeem94 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Next next game against Memphis!

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's safe to ignore most of what's going on in the NBA this year. The refs still don't know how they're calling games out there. Teams aren't even sure if they want to win or not. Random players are just sitting around chilling (Melo, Fultz, Ariza, etc).

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

J.B clearly the key to a championship formula

Mazulis likes this.
  5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Add Whiteside to that list.

He went to take a leak during the game against the Magic on Dec. 4th and hasn't returned yet.

[​IMG]

Ziggy likes this.
  6. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

This is an interesting take. It sure seems that way. As a fan I sorta feel that way too.
    Feels like i just check in on the Rockets every game rather than watch games from beginning to end right now.

As far as the players go, on the Melo front the New Jerseys of the world are the only places left for him to play unless a playoff team wants to sign him later in the season as a 6th option off the bench.

Good for Trevor. Dude is a pro who deserves that money! Looking at the roster and cap situation right now it sucks Daryl punted on Luc and Trevor in order to save a few million only to wind up approx 10mil over the cap after signing Clark. JEZZUS!

Oh, to loop this BEOTCH FEST back into JB, his team is responding positively but I will continue to ignore Memphis as they will forever be a dumpster fire as Marc and Mike start catching up to CP3.

7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He’s always has a good basketball mind but that team he inherited was garbage, starting with Dwight

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ariza is just worth vet min right now lol why do you thimk paying him 15M is a good idea or a bad punt? If 3Za was balling then you can definitely say that but not when he can't get consistent mins in PHX.

UTSA2step likes this.
  10. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

honestly the NBA season this year so far is weird. 5.5 games (something like that) separating the first seed from the 14th seed. no team looks like the clear cut favorite although the raptors look nice and you never want to sleep on the warriors come playoff time. you got teams like the clippers and Sacramento in the playoff hunt, like that hasn't happened since the 2000s. its just a weird year to me. maybe im the only one that feels that way lol

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

It is a style comfort thing. Ariza knew his role here and where to spot up when playing with CP3 and James. My point about punting is just that fact that Daryl put himself into a bad position contract wise with Ryno which really strapped him.

I do agree with you that paying Trevor 15mil is crazy but i could stomach that for one year because of his fit on this team. The question is how well he would be playing right now if he were a Rocket. I am sure we would have a "WTF we paying Trevor 15mil" thread if he was playing bad!

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Spotting up isn't hard, the problem is Ariza has become too old to hit shots at an NBA level anymore. Yes he is only like 32 or w/e but he has spent the last decade or so getting lots of burn and guarslding the best players in the league, that wore out his body too quickly.

We'll see when he plays in Lakers but my guess is his stats won't spike thst much.

13. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Wheres that corey I love you gif by jb and mcfail

Mazulis likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, usually you have at least 1 or 2 teams who have a winning percentage over 79%. Or even more in the past.

Now you got only 1 team that is in the East. 77% winning and Lowry playing inconsistent ball.

Denver Nuggets have the best record in the West 18-9 (67%) which would have been a third seed in the past.

solodolo11 likes this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They were killing last year and then Conley was out with an injury. They would have a better record with Fizdale.

16. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Corey Brewer incoming trade confirmed!

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So . . . Where are we on Bickerstaff now?

Did he just need some years of seasoning

Rocket River