1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Once he gets the hard count down game over.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

DW is a work in progress. He is very young. He is very talented. He has the potential to one of the greats. He has to work through DC's attempts to game plan him out of the picture. It is three-dimensional chess right now, but he will ultimately win.

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  3. conquistador#11

we saw Wilson hang on to the ball while the vikings brought delayed blitzes from the dbs. It never ends well. I wish Romeo would send those more than he does, when he does it always works. we also had to see that Ciara halftime show..."yummy in my tummy?" was that an SNL skit. Colts were just dialed in. Give them credit and b.o.b for not sticking with what was working, keep using the TEs until they prove they could stop them. oh wel

tmoney1101 likes this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

and yet if the Texans gave DW the ball back with 90 seconds left on the clock needing a FG to tie, I believe DW would have done what he needed to do. The guy is clutch and plays better during money time.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Wasn't the knock on Luck that he held onto the ball too long earlier in his career? This was a bad game for Watson, but I have all the confidence that he's going to learn, and get better sooner rather than later. He's got all the tools and mental make-up to be an all-time great QB in this league.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Usually Watson learn a quickly from his mistakes. He has been known in the past to never make the same mistake twice. But this holding onto the ball too long thing is really becoming a problem for him. Makes you wonder if anything is being said about it in practice. The only positive (if you can call it that) is that he is safely running it more himself with good results.

7. plates300

plates300 Member

Watson does hold the ball too long at times and the offensive line problems magnify it even more. That being said, Watson has only one full season under his belt at this point - he technically still is a rookie. His progress has been amazing and I believe it will only get better.

FLASH21 likes this.
  8. Nimo

Nimo Member

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Deshaun is a star that is an actual role model. He really deserves all the success he gets.

FLASH21 and Fulgore like this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

In the big Mahomes vs Watson debate, last night I noticed 2 things:

1. In a prime time game, I take Watson EVERY NIGHT. On the final drive for the Chiefs, with just over 3 minutes, all Mahomes had to do was get one first down to let them bleed out the clock. Instead he made one 6 yard completion and took a horrible sack. He also didn't do much after the first quarter. I think all of the Chiefs losses are in prime time. Their only win here was Broncos.

2. I'm willing to bet anything Mahomes regresses as Watson gets better. Dude is so cocky now its ridiculous. I watched him throw 2 balls with his left hand and one sidearm from behind a defender where he couldn't see the WR. None of the 3 were completions, they looked ridiculous, and penalties ended up saving him (after which he would get all pumped for the first down like he actually did something).

Fulgore and Jake Tower like this.
  13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I agree with u but Mahomes doesn’t come off as cocky too. Just pumped up about big plays. That jerk for the Browns is cocky and not really good.

red5rocket and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. conquistador#11

Deshaun does that first down motion when he scrambles for a 1st down. I would roll my eyes if he played for the cowboys.
    Mahomes has an extraordinary arm. No one is taking that from him but I've always believed a system is essential to the Qb and entire offense.

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Maybe it's just me, but just switching up and throwing it left handed because it worked once, is pretty cocky. He's not vocal about it as much, but mentally, he thinks he can throw no look sidearms and left handed passes whenever he wants.

16. rockbox

Confident and cocky are 2 different things. It's not cocky if you can do it and execute on it. He was just making a play. He didn't brag about it.

17. rockbox

The pressure stat is pretty impressive. Interesting that Brady is higher but then again, he gets the ball off faster than anyone in the league to avoid pressure.

18. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

He needs to get one of those picked off...after it happens he probably won’t do it again and he will be all the better for it.

houstonstime likes this.
  19. Nimo

Nimo Member

History would say he does regress. It wasn't but a year ago that we looked at Deshaun as having one of the greatest first year as a QB ever. Now it's Patrick. We'll see how he does next year when there is more film on him.

houstonstime likes this.
  20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Um, he didnt execute, and that would 4th down too, but there was a holding penalty on the defense so he got a 1st down and proceeded to be all pumped about it like he did something other than throw a duck pass left handed towards defenders.