1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WR is the problem on the offense.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Yeah they are the reason that I included the word "basically" in my original statement. They are the anomaly.

2. raining threes

Completing wide open passes is hardly bailing somebody out.

All BOB can do is call the plays. Players have to make the plays that are there. That's the difference between winning and losing tight games. Say JoJo drops an int and it causes the Texans to lose a game is the BOB/RAC's fault?

You're hate of all things BOB is showing through. See you in the playoffs.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm not sure if any team can properly plan ahead for 2 of their best 3 WRs to miss basically the entire season.

If Watson had Hopkins, Fuller and Coutee to throw too all season long.....oh, man....we may as well just cut the punter because we wouldn't need him.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

True. At least mostly. With the exception that Fuller has been injured every season he's been in the league and Coutee (you shouldn't be counting on a 4th round rookie anyway) was injured in training camp and Y'all are going to get tired of me saying this they let the only other slot WR on the roster go mid-season.

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Coutee coming back healthy makes all the difference in the world. We just need someone with speed who can run good routes and catch the ball. It's not as easily done than said, but they have to figure a way to get Watson out in space so his tendency to hold the ball too long can be somewhat remedied.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Completing passes to wide open players running 30+ yards down the field isn't something that just any QB can do routinely. I honestly didn't know that we had any BOB apologists left but there's no way you can look at the plays he calls and think that's competent play calling. He wastes so many downs with bad play calls that it takes a QB playing at an elite level to bail him out because the margin for error is so small. The way he calls plays, he sets up 3rd and long almost always so as a QB you'll have to get nearly 10 yards on 1 play with a blitz coming or against a team that absolutely knows a pass is coming.

Now sure, sometimes BOB makes a decent or even good play call. I credit him the few times that happens....but a coach that has his offense as the only thing he brings to the table, sorry it's nowhere near good enough to justify him staying on as head coach.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

I would have had Coates playing a couple snaps a game even if it was a decoy (or to draw PI penalties) and put Lamar Miller in the slot every now and then. If they had a smaller TE like Stephen Anderson, I would have had him in the slot every now and then. If the offense is so reliant on one position, they should have been playing multiple players at that position all season.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I'm not a big fan of Bob. I think he needs an offensive coordinator. Blaming him for this loss is pretty ridiculous. Watson had a bad game and is getting worse at reading and getting rid of the ball. I would like to see some more roll outs so he doesn't get so tied up in the pocket. He had lots of time most of the game. Rolling out is an issue with their line given how teams are sending corner back blitzes with impunity, that needs to be something they work on. I don't think Watson is a great passer from the pocket.

raining threes likes this.
  10. raining threes

Plays Rodgers/Brady/Brees/Wilson make regularly and DW4 didn't, yet somehow everything is BOB's fault. BtG you really are a piece of work. This just in, until the OL gets fixed the offense isn't going to be good.

You never did answer, how much did you have to pay Clutch to get unbanned?

PM me and let me know.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, if you're going to be a troll then we can end this conversation right here.

houstonstime likes this.
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

DW4 isn't as good as those guys.

13. raining threes

Those are throws a professional QB should complete 90 % of the time.

To say otherwise means your trolling.

On the other part of the post PM me.

14. raining threes

True

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not yet

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

3 of those guys listed were average their first season

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's almost like young QBs get better over time. You're comparing a guy who JUST completed his first full season in the NFL with the top 3 QBs of all time, and you think you're being intellectually honest there?? Come on.....get a little perspective. Go back and watch the rookie seasons of all the guys you just named, and then get back to us on where DW4 should be in his development.

18. raining threes

How about me putting it like this, a top 10 qb and certainly the messiah some on here think Watson is. Hitting wide open passes shouldn't be a problem.

Hell, even Watson took the blame for the bad passes, but according to BtG its all BOB's fault.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

BoB is hot garbage. Cant even lead his team to score 14 points in a quarter. I just know that we r gonna get bounced out of playoffs bc of our hc incompetence. Sadly the bob loyalists will blame everyone beside him.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I really liked Amba Etta-Tawo in college.
    I'd love to see him teplace Sammie Coates soon.