1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition to unban Bobby The Great

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by RocketsLegend, Nov 16, 2018.

1. jbasket

jbasket Member

2. jcf

jcf Member

3. Granville

Granville Member

I apologize to you if you can’t understand how allowing a hate speech merchant like Bobby back on the board under the condition he showed remorse and then Bobby doubled down on that opportunity to insult me using my son again isnt viewed by a lot of people as part of an unconditional apology from someone that i didn’t even ask for one.

Bobby violated the condition of his return on the very first post. Telling a man he uses his handicap son to insult and or shield from attack is a low blow and indicative the he has no remorse and will say anything to get back here.

People with disabilities deserve the same vigilant defense from hate speech as others affected by it. My position is we wouldn’t be seeing Bobby back here if he said something as drastic as he did about other groups that are victims of hate speech. Especially if he insulted the person again during his apology. Bobby litterally violated the terms of probation in front of the judge who set the terms of his probation. There’s no disputing that he attacked me.

You might not know this but there are people in this forum with kids like mine applauding my stance at the historical blind eye to insensitive and intolerant terms aimed st people with disabilities allowed here even though they have been reported before all this recent stuff.

Imagine the outrage around here if someone told a poster to stop acting like an N word. What’s the difference inserting the R word? There isn’t any difference. Yet it has not only been allowed here it has been defended here with no opposition from the mods.

TWS1986, tobster, No Worries and 2 others like this.
  4. jbasket

jbasket Member

[​IMG]

daywalker02 and Yung-T like this.
  5. jcf

jcf Member

You completely changed your post by editing after i responded. Whatever. I have always fully agreed that BTG's bringing up Granville's child was way over the line. Said so at the time when I tried to get both of them to quit. Missed you then. I also agree that a full apology is warranted. I don't think attacks on Clutch were warranted. Frankly, they seemed self-destructive.

My apparent "red scare" tactic is bewilderment over someone apparently claiming credit for an incredibly offensive attack on Clutch on FB. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't actually read the preceeding posts.

You said farewell forever to the forum multiple times yesterday and once the day before. Welcome back!! ;)

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. jcf

jcf Member

I'm going with "you were joking." :)

cml750 and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

TheresTheDagger and jcf like this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Here's bullet by bullet/numerical format so I don't waste your time or mine, I don't even know why I'm bothering to explain this.

1.) I read your post after, I didn't change my aim, mainly the words used. It was more of a courtesy to you
    2.) Agreed that an apology is warranted, that's all I'm asking for, or that the conditional return hasn't been met and should be.
    3.) I did, and then read Clutch's post. He too expressed that he found bobby's post to be digusting and let us know that it was conditional. I don't agree with that, but I can understand that and am trying to show why he hasn't followed through ( as are other members). Yes, if it was an idc what Bobby did I would have already been gone as any efforts on my part would have been wasted time. Being gone is more of an acknowledgement that I would be wasting my time. I don't think I am currently.

Clear enough?

jcf and Yung-T like this.
  9. jcf

jcf Member

Fair enough. No reason for us to argue. I just reacted to the red-scare comment. I have zero issue with you.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

good deal, and same here was just being direct/explaining it.

jcf likes this.
  11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

14 pages, almost all posts against the dude being allowed back on.

But, you know, he felt real bad for like a second there.

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Sounds about right.

13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Even separating Granville and bobby from arguing against each other does not solve the main isssue that is Bobby. Bobby is problem not the fued between the two.

R0ckets03 and Yung-T like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man . . .this thread went deep and left a few bodies on the side of the road.

Rocket River

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Who were the casualties?

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

17. BackdoorHarden

We have been winless since the Unbanning.

How do you feel now, punk?

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

****ing troll factory.

The only reason I've caught up is because I temporarily unignored Bobby. I only saw his garbage around the edges from people thinking the world should change around them and only them.

And I'll wager by season's end that he'll **** it up and get shitcanned once again.

That's the way this board has worked.

The only reason the board is "broken" is because booby is an unlovable dooch who's only backers are those in it for the lulz while we scratch and claw our way out of a .500 season.

19. jcf

jcf Member

I think most are now unbanned.

TWS1986 likes this.