1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

As a Kamara owner, I'm not panicking at all, but I own in Kamara in 1pt PPR where I find his value is much more appealing than in non full point PPR leagues.

Fact: Kamara was awesome last season even though Ingram was there for every game.

Also Fact: Kamara scored TDs at an absurdly high rate which was not sustainable given his expected opportunity.

I believe that last night's game will prove to be Kamara's absolute floor going forward.

Reasoning:

1.) Kamara was fantasy's RB1 first 4 games of the season. Kamara was listed as questionable the past 2 weeks before playing. He received a huge workload in the first quarter of the season with Ingram suspended.

2.) With fresh legs on Ingram and Kamara a bit banged up from heavy usage, the common sense, non tinfoil-hat conspiracy theory explanation is that the Saints decided to give Ingram more touches in order to 1.) acclimate Ingram back into the flow of the offense 2.) Give Kamara some time to rest up and get healthy for the stretch run (The Saints are now heading into their Bye Week).

3.) Even if we assume the Saints planned to go more Ingram heavy, game script also made it to where the Saints simply just had to run out the clock in the 2nd half with the game well in hand. Ingram is better suited for the closer role because he is a better in-between tackles runner than Kamara, who is most effective when he gets the ball in space.

4.) I counted a couple of designed looks to get Kamara the ball on screens or quick hitters last night and Brees either missed him or the pass was batted at the line of scrimmage.

5.) The Saints will not continue to blow every team out. In game neutral scripts we can expect Ingram to see more carries and Kamara more targets, whereas we should expect to see Kamara in the passing game more when the Saints are trailing and Ingram in the running game more when the Saints are leading.

In short, I think people are overreacting to what happened last night. It was a bit of an odd game and had special circumstances with Brees so close to records and 500 TD pass milestone. Besides, Mark Ingram's achilles heel has always been his penchant for putting the ball on the ground. His fumbles early last season was part of the reason Kamara got more looks.

I still think Kamara will outscore Ingram in full point PPR the rest of the way. However, in a standard league I'd be a lot more concerned because he is probably not going to score very many TDs from this point on.

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. Prod

Prod Member

Anyone doing a basketball league?

3. The Stig

The Stig Member

Is Derrick henry droppable for someone like Mack?

Dude hasn’t done anything this season and is still on my roster for whatever reason. Rather take the upside Mack brings, if there is any.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Mack is horrible. The rb to own in Indy is Hines and he's more of a ppr back to have. Especially when Indy plays from behind so often

if you wanted to invest maybe on a upside move, stash foreman since hes about to return

The Stig likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

TEN's offense is a mess, especially the running game. I have Dion Lewis in a PPR league and after a good first game he has been a big disappointment. One more bad game and I will use the roster spot for a backup snapper...

The Stig likes this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Emmanuel Sanders vs LAR
    or
    Sammy Watkins @NE

(PPR)

7. NewRoxFan

Sanders. I'm starting him so hopefully I right.

8. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

sanders..he gets way more targets than watkins

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You fire up Sammy Watkins all day if that hammy is good to go. Belichick schemes to stop Kelce and Hill.

10. NewRoxFan

First of many dilemmas on RB "who do I start?". Standard league, need two (also starting Gordon, always start a RB as a flex):

Barkley vs PHI (Thursday Night Football)
    Conner vs CIN
    Mixon vs PIT
    Michel vs KC

Normally I would automatically say "start studs" but Mixon and even Michel are getting to that level. And their matchups are better. But I also know I'd kick myself if Barkley or Conner have another big day (especially in passing games).

And yes, I know I should trade one for a WR, but other than a TY Hilton for Michel trade idea no other owners will even think about it...

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Wentz tonight @ NYG or Cousins vs ARI?

12. mulletman

mulletman Member

Need someone for my flex:

Mike Davis, Sea vs Oakland
    Chris Godwin, TB vs Atl
    Royce Freeman, DEN vs Rams

Thanks!

13. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

prolly davis or godwin, leaning towards davis based on matchup

godwin is really a 4th option. winston likes brate, so it'll be evans, jackson, brate, then godwin

royce freeman, prolly not playable with lindsay still around

mulletman likes this.
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Pick 2

Phillip Lindsay vs LAR
    Billal Powell vs IND
    Emmanuel Sanders vs LAR

PPR

15. theimpossibles1

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Tough call.

I'd take Winston. Better chance of a shootout.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

I focused on RBs early in my draft (1st three picks: Barkley, Gordon, Mixon), drafted Michel late (12th round) and added Conner and Lindsay during the season. So I am pretty strong at RB as a result. I've been trying to trade a RB most of the season but trades are almost impossible in my league. One guy wanted Michel for his TY Hilton. Another guy (I am beating 188 to 145 this week) wanted Lindsay for his Baldwin, now wants Mixon for his Matt Ryan (I start Goff, could replace with Luck if I wanted). I even approached the Bell owner, offered Conner (or his choice of Conner or Mixon) for his Keenan Allen or Mike Evans, he said he was OK adding Chris Carson off waivers.

None of the owners seem to pay attention to trade value charts, all seem to simply want to "win trades".

Since I focused on RBs my WRs aren't as strong... JuJu as an almost WR1 and then WR2s and WR3s (Cooks, Sanders, Jones Jr). I'd like to avoid the "which WR2 to start?" since I usually choose wrong (eg, last night started Cooks and Sanders went off). I'd package a RB1 and WR2 to get a WR1.

Am I being unrealistic (Ryan owners says I am being unrealistic and "bogarting" all the RBs)? Any other approaches, or WRs targets that I should be targeting?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Devonta Freeman placed on IR. get your big contract then no fcks given

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

9-0 this week. First undefeated week in 3 years. That really helps after a slow start.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think your Michel for his hilton would be good assuming hilton comes back healthy. Luck is really slinging it now.