1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man or woman you're tripping. Like coachbadlee said, "where were you last year when Watson was handling his business out there before the injury?"

#481 Htownballer38, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Fulgore likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wish I could see what you do in Watson. Doesn't seem ne'er as skilled as Mahomes to me. Hesitates too long and doesn't seem to see wide open guys.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Watson isn't going to make it in the league if he needs his receivers being wide openand can't trust quick timing routes. Those type of passes is what moves the chains.

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. vonbock

vonbock Member

I am not tripping. I am just saying it as it is. Second I did complain about the trade when it happened.
    But today, our savoiur, our Jordan of the NFL, the future face of the NFL has given us 6 points at halftime

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

OMG a first down that wasn't on a 3rd down play?! What is this?

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That int was bad. The jump balls aren't working this year

7. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

You are going to get a lot of hate on this board if you criticize Watson but you make a valid point. Did the Texans need to trade up to get their qb? If the Texans had kept pick 25 and drafted Cam Robinson or Ryan Ramczyk, released Osweiller instead of trading him and drafted Darnold or Rosen this past draft would they be better off than they are right now?

I like Watson but this oline is a hot mess and it’s going to take 2 or 3 years to get it right.

8. vonbock

vonbock Member

It's not like I don't like the guy as a a person. I didn't see in college, even last year that watson was worth giving up a 3 rd pick in the draft for. We had too many holes too fill and Smith thought bring in watson would be automatic super bowl. Then last year everyone proclaims him as Jordan in 5 or 6 games. We didn't need to lose a 3rd pick to go 0 and 3

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Seems to me like he's worth the extra pick. At minimum he looks like he'll be a solid starter in the league for a long time.

JayGoogle and Two Sandwiches like this.
  10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Multiple media members called for "1st year Watson" to be the MVP front runner. The MVP that was won by brady. They compared him to Brady. They are anti-Watson?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's totally fair criticism, Watson has been bad thus far this year but I still give him a bit of a pass because he has no coaching and it's the mental side of his game that is lacking.....the side of the game most affected by coaching.

12. Fantasma Negro

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

KEEP THAT SAME ENERGY

J.R. likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I can't blame Watson for looking lost when his coaching staff is more lost

BigShasta likes this.
  15. Texanstradamus

Coaching is the issue

16. Texanstradamus

U have a third round rookie and a 4th rounder starting at tackle .... that are killing drives in the redzone we have had O’Brien for 5 yrs and his staff have yet to put an O-line that’s good on the field but yea the QB with less than 12 starts is the issue a head coach that had never eclipsed 9 wins in 5 yrs here in trash divisions but hey let’s blame the QB with less than 12 starts can’t blame rick smith anymore but some of u want to blame Watson over the bafoon who won the power struggle and literally said “alignment” every time he was interviewed This offseason to sounds smart

17. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I’m sure it’s a big part of it but I’m guessing the all-22 film will show Watson missing some open receivers too.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he's missed a ton of open receivers and he missed an easy TD by just flat out throwing an inaccurate pass at least once in every game thus far. That said, I feel like some better coaching would help him with the mental side of the game and two of his biggest problems have been with his internal clock and staring down receivers.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. mario_v

mario_v Member

Mahomes has made the media forget all about Deshaun Watson.

20. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

Watson was greatly overrated in the games last year and this past offseason.

I don't know if he's a bust, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until we get a new regime in office.