1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

A tweet from a woman that few people even know exists from a year ago summarizes the left currently?

Okie dokie.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

"Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford," lawyer Howard J. Walsh said in a statement sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

CNN reports that " Keyser is a lifelong friend of Ford's."

Keyser previously coached golf at Georgetown University and is now executive producer of Bob Beckel's podcast. Keyser is the ex-wife of Beckel, a former Democratic operative and commentator. A search on OpenSecrets.org reveals Keyser's only political donation has been to former Democratic senator Byron Dorgan.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/john...ss-denies-ever-attending-party-with-kavanaugh

You would think if anyone was going to back up her claim it would have been this lady. I wanted to see Dr. Ford have a chance to tell her story. My mom was attacked as a teenager. A naked guy was driving around in a car and tried to pull my mom into his car. She screamed when he grabbed her and threw her school books at him. Luckily her brother and their boxer dog was walking on the sidewalk a few houses down. The guy took off in his car when he saw her brother and the dog running that direction. I know how that damaged my mom and try to give people the benefit of the doubt when they accuse someone of something like this. However, if not one single person from this alleged party can say that the party even happened, I think Dr. Ford needs to strongly consider staying home for her own sake.

El_Conquistador likes this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

It is either that or your wish for that dude's wife getting raped.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which wasn't a sincere wish, but was used to highlight the lunacy of the initial wish of that poster hoping that someone else was falsely accused of raping someone and their lives were ruined.

I thought you would have recognized that.

If you did realize that and still believe that sums up the modern left, then that is awesome. It was a good post by @Nook and made the point it was intended to make. So if making points in that way sums up the left of today, then good for the left.

Nook likes this.
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Well that is really odd to do to say the very least. @utgrad97 is this true?

Nook likes this.
  6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Seriously?

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As the guy who was told that it was hoped that I was falsely accused of rape and had my life ruined for no apparent reason, other than saying I thought testamony was reality TV sideshow, I find nooks response to be entirely reasonable and in kind to the good wishes directed at me.

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

There is an exact opposite to this.

But instead of a sample of one, mojoman post on the yougov poll has some number around it.

9. TheresTheDagger

This thread has devolved into one of the weirdest reads I've had on the internet in some time.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. NewRoxFan

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Exclusive photo of the debunked liar Christine Blasey Ford preparing for her testimony!

[​IMG]

GOOD DAY

Bandwagoner, Nook and KingCheetah like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Try to keep up.

Lordy! Well done!

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I seriously doubt this will be 1/100 as traumatic for him as being the victim of sexual assault.

Republicans haven't even asked him to testify which shows they are not interested in knowing the truth. They just want to "plow through" this so they can get on with nominating Kavanaugh. They don't care if he attempted to rape her or if he raped 50 women, so long as they can get him to the court before anyone knows.

15. NewRoxFan

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The will of the American people only matters on one day every two years through gerrymandered, voter-suppressed, information-distorted elections. That's the only way in has any influence at all, unless there's a ****-ton of money behind someone's vote.

arkoe, Nook and Space Ghost like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[Superior Post]

Exclusive first time video of Trader Jorge entry into the US
    [​IMG]

GOOD DAY

AleksandarN, Nook and Space Ghost like this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If confirmed, the upside is Trump can factually claim he has higher approval than a sitting SCJ.

Nook likes this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Of course. There is no reason not be.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Well she will testify and at the end nobody will know anything. Since the FBI is not involved it will be senators from both sides trying to score political points for the midterm elections.

Both sides will try and make whatever points they can to cover themselves, assure their base, tarnish their political opponents, and they won't be after the truth.

It is the main reason why it would have been nice to have an actual law enforcement agency involved so they could provide a frame of reference and keep the questions somewhat related to actually finding the truth.

B-Bob and arkoe like this.