1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Takeover was great, Cole/Ricochet match was the best with Gargano/Ciampa doing their thing

I enjoyed Summerslam, Miz/Bryan and Styles/Joe stole the show, it's pissing me off that KO is becoming Vince's stuntman, dude deserves better. I hope Braun does cash in tonight

Anybody making the drive to SA for Hell In A Cell? I'm debating on it

Summerslam was pretty stacked, they hyped him before and after Extreme Rules with his program with Roman, but lost his "title shot". He has a program with Elias at the moment but Summerslam was stack with 9 title defenses alone, along with the 4 others, where 2 of them were squash under 2 min matches (Braun/KO, Demon Finn/Corbin), along with one being the Mix Tag Match on the preshow

There were plenty that didn't have a match at SS, Lashley, Sasha/Bayley, Asuka, Naomi, Roode, Orton, Cena's first one he's missed in 13 years

#6341 Dave2000, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    vinsensual likes this.
  2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Same here. It's fine if they don't want to use him, instead they find new ways to destroy his body on a weekly basis, and for what end up to be forgettable moments because they happen so often. He took a chokeslam on the ramp last night, and at the end of the night it didnt matter because Braun was just a tool to manipulate the audience in the main event. I felt so sympathetic to KO when he had a promo saying he couldnt walk right (after he did the HIAC mankind stunt) and then Braun continues to destroy him, to cheers.

3. Dave2000

anybody else excited with the SHIELD reunion? I'm happy they are getting an extended run since the last one was cut short due to Ambrose's injury

curious if Braun will reunite with Bray now since Hardy is taking a extended leave to possible retirement

4. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

SummerSlam was more enjoyable than I thought it would be in spite of the number of total squashes pulled off by Finn, Braun and Ronda

Top 3 I took away from it
    Rollins/Ziggler
    Joe/AJ
    Shinsuke/Sad Clown

Charlotte/Carmella/Becky was also very good

I think the Mae Young Classic & the all women’s PPV are going to be great

Raw Women’s - Ronda v. ?
    SD Women’s - Charlotte v. Becky
    NXT Women’s - Kairi v. ?
    NXT UK Women’s -
    Mae Young Classic Finals
    Maybe Women’s Tag Titles - Sasha & Bayley v Riott Squad/IIconics/etc
    Maybe a #1 Contender triple threat/fatal four way

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Ronda vs Nikki Bella?

6. Dave2000

such a waste of a match

7. Beavis Stiffler

Prediction: Finals - Toni Storm vs. Io Shirai
    Winner: Toni Storm

8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Toni Storm rules.

I think Bayzler is for sure coming up to the main roster, she’s leaps and bounds better than Ronda at this point. Everyone knows she’s losing if she gets the NXT Women’s title rematch, so there’s no luster to the match. EST, Purazzo, LaRae, Lacey Evans, Nikki Cross, etc are all great and I’d like to see them chase Kairi and build themselves on upcoming TakeOvers. Plus whoever they sign amongst the Mae Young Tourney competitors.

9. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

From what’s been revealed in tapings, I think War Games is going to be..

WAR GAMES MATCH
    Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Kyle O’ Reilly, Roderick Strong & Bobby Fish) vs. Pete Dunne, Ricochet & War Raiders

NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    Tomasso Ciampa vs TBD..guessing its Velveteen Dream

NXT WOMEN’S or NXT UK WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP

Aleister Black vs. “His attacker”..guessing its Johnny Gargano

Safest bet: EC3 vs. Lars Sullivan

Beavis Stiffler likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Strowman heel turn, uniting with Dolph/Drew against Shield? Sure. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but it could be good.

WWE house show coming to Toyota Center Sept 15. Bought a couple tickets this morning, 4 rows up from the floor for $75.

Current Card:
    WWE Championship Match
    -WWE Champion AJ Styles Vs. Samoa Joe

-Daniel Bryan Vs. The Miz

United States Championship Triple Threat Match
    -Jeff Hardy Vs. Shinsuke Nakamura Vs. Randy Orton

Smackdown Tag Team Championship Triple Threat Match
    -New Day Vs. "The Bar" Cesaro & Sheamus Vs. Sanity

SmackDown Women's Championship Fatal Four Way Match
    -Asuka Vs. Women's Champion Charlotte Flair Vs. Becky Lynch Vs. Carmella

11. Dave2000

I'm probably going to make the drive for Hell in The Cell, curious to see where they take this KO "quitting" angle. I hope it leads him back to some title picture.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

Hell to the no.

13. Dave2000

That's the rumor, supposedly because they are the biggest stars to the eyes outside of the WWE Universe :rollseyes:

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

There are much better ladies that should be in that match.

Dave2000 likes this.
  15. VanityHalfBlack

Anyone watched All In last night? Blew away anything wwe has done this year.

body slam likes this.
  16. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I was looking for it, but couldn't find a stream.

17. body slam

body slam Member

zero hour only

really liked the end of SCU Briscoes

the battle royal was not just over budget but a little over the top

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm glad Omega/Cody/Bucks aren't going to go to WWE. It just wouldn't make sense for them. They don't need WWE money or exposure, and giving up their creative freedom would have killed them (based off what I've heard them say in podcasts).

Also there's just the fact that there are so many dudes on the WWE roster that there's a good chance they'd get lost in the shuffle. Sometimes I wish WWE would dump 50% of their good talent just so they could prosper elsewhere, and it would give more time to the 50% of good talent that they want to dedicate storylines to.

19. VanityHalfBlack

As long as Cody and the young bucks are sticking together, don't have to worry about them going to wwe. That All In show was just flat out a fun show, and I was invested in the stories. If you guys follow their youtube channel Being the Elite, all in was basically tied to it. What surprising to me is not only did they produced all in but they can write good story lines. The best match of the night was Okada vs Scurll and that had a great build up. All In was even better than Takeover and I love takeover. These guys are the future man.

20. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Young Bucks are giving lots of hints of coming to WWE next year after there ROH contracts expire. I think Omega will come eventually. Cody is really making a name for himself and I could see him being IWGP champ in the next few years and being a top singles star upon his WWE return in say 4-5 yrs