1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Would you sign Dwayne Wade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 3, 2018.

1. craguin

craguin Member

[Sun-Sentinel - Ira Winderman] Dwyane Wade remains non-committal about NBA future amid China tour
    [...]
    "Coming into this year and not knowing how this year was going to play out at all, starting the season in Chicago then moving to Cleveland and ending in Miami. I couldn’t ask for a better ending to it," he said. "I was like a kid my whole time back, just happy and thrilled to be back and be around these individuals on my team and getting the chance to be in the trenches with them.

"To be here, to be back, to be a part of that, to be a part of leading not only by voice but leading by example, laying it all out on the line with these guys, I felt good about that. I felt good about the Miami Heat whole organization and its future and the kind of players and the kind of people that are in that locker room and in the organization. I was thankful that I could come back and be a part of that."

Asked about retirement, Wade then said, "I’ve given it thought."

Wade who turns 37 on Jan. 17, announced the lifetime deal with Li Ning in a posting on his Instagram account.

He recently told Bloomberg News that he already has met his basketball goals.

"I'm way past where I wanted to go," he said. "I just wanted to play in the NBA, and I got a chance to do that. And from there, everything else has definitely been the cherry on top of my career. I couldn't have written it any better than it's been, so I'm cool."

dreamshakin, D-rock, Deckard and 3 others like this.
  2. Chamillionaire

He's already got 1 foot out of the door. Doesn't sound hungry at all.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I said yes to him for the vet minimum because I have always liked his competitive edge a lot. Wade is a certain HOF for sure, as a 3 time NBA Champion. He still has some game left. But I admit, DM should go for a younger player than him, who can bring some defense, and some shooting.

4. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

not really, his grandmother misspelled his Father's name, and in order for him to be a Junior, his name had to share the same spelling

5. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Yes. He can take the role like ray allen. Also we can take robin hood, nick young and michael beasley. We have to beat big 6 next year.

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

an additional person to teach harden how to have heart. i'll take it.

elmotsangtt likes this.
  7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yes better then joe johnsons of the world

8. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

How to have passion to get champion. We take dwade after that we can get chris bosh at low price. We have big 6 also

Harden vs Thompson
    Cp3 vs curry
    Anthony vs durrant
    Capela vs green
    Bosh vs cousins
    Dwade vs igadula

9. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

It is worth to try. It uses less money to buy eexperiences and previous big. It is worth to gamble. I think morey can think about it

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He's only a year removed from being a positive player. That being said, I don't expect him to return to efficiency, even in limited minutes.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. Boki4MvP

Boki4MvP Member

Yeah he couldn’t be any worse than iso joe

13. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Sure he can have Bobby Jackson role. He can start with Harden when Cp3 injured. Hell, I could start with Harden. As long as number 13 playing we will most likely win.

14. mockster

mockster Member

He would be smart to take that contract. He will get vet min on nba. Why not play one last season overseas and get a huge pay day for it

15. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I’m trademarking the phrase “Wade in China” as we speak.

Deckard likes this.
  16. Progs

Progs Member

No! He's in that Dirk Nowitzki and Vince Carter retirement train.

17. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Yes, he can still get 20 plus. Morey , please sign him as cp3 backup

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I am not sure if any CBA team ever offered 5 mils+ per season for any former NBA player.

But this seems like the most reasonable price for him at this point of his career.

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Rumor says 3 years 25mils

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

That will be beyond stupidity.