1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Jackson goes in on Chandler Parsons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Daddy Long Legs, Nov 28, 2017.

?

Did Stephen Jackson lose his cool too much?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    54.2%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

First job modelling and being on Instagram, second job sporadic basketball.

napalm06 likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Technically he's not attacking Parsons. He is using Parsons to attack the Grizzlies FO. In that sense, we all can agree that signing Parsons was a bigger problem than Fizdale. But Jackson clearly wanted to take a shot at Parsons that didn't have to relate to the Fizdale firing.

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I definitely think he is attacking parsons.

“I been better than you and still is”- sjax lmao

roslolian likes this.
  4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

unfair hate for parsons. even though he was a douche after signing the offer with Dallas, I have felt bad for him since he's been having injuries after injuries and can't get his body right (albeit he has a crapload of money to make up for it now). as people have noted, parsons had no affect on the Fizdale firing and it was just the headbutting with Marc he had over the past couple seasons. Grizz FO has been incompetent and they had to make someone the fall for it, so Fizdale has to go.

5. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

ain't nothing to do with Parsons, but i agree the Grizzlies made a mistake giving him that contract, at this point, there is nothing else they can do to salvage this situation, they should have kept the dogs, Zach and Tony, just feels sorry for the franchise, and their fans....

6. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I saw Stephen Jackson play at PA Lincoln. That school was legendary, but now it is closed. My hometown team won back to back championships in Texas high school class 4A in '17 and '18. They would have one or two more rings were it not for PA Lincoln. Those were the days...

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He publicly apologized to CP recently.

8. phasors28

phasors28 Member

If a white baseball player called out a black baseball player like this it would probably considered racism and be all over yahoo. Imagine if someone called out Jon Singleton for not caring and saying he didn't grow up in the right neighborhood to play baseball.

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

10. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Dope Chanel! Thanks for posting.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  11. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

I dont know why he is blaming parsons for the firing. Seems to me he needs to be blaming the front office for signing parsons to the worst contract Ive ever seen.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It has nothing to do with race. Everything to do with Chandler being a Queen.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Horrible video. Such poor taste. Thinks he is taking the high road by saying things like “now I have no evidence of this; yadda yadda journalistic integrity”.
    He knows what he’s doing with that video; and he is most likely wrong so definitely should not have thrown out “cocaine and pills” (I’m aware he’s quoting someone else but he knows what he’s doing)

If Chandler Parsons was doing cocaine, it would have been exposed by now. A guy who seems to have so many new partners, old partners would have leaked something. Someone would have leaked something.

14. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Occam's Razor.

They said it themselves: 3 knee surgeries in 3 years. Why look around for theories and conjectures?

napalm06 likes this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Exactly. Jesus and you know what the stupid thing is? Check out his per 36 numbers for last season. Dude was exactly on par with all of his career averages, he shot the ball very efficiently as well. It's easy to look at his stats and be "ONLY 8 points!" but the man only played 19 mpg the last 2 seasons due to his injuries.

He's banged up, can't stay healthy, can't play a lot of minutes right now. Wouldn't surprise me if he bounces back like EGordon at all, his offense is still clearly there looking at his shooting efficiency and rate. What's probably his biggest problem right now is defense, Parsons was already oversized and a bit slow defensively, of course, 3 knee surgeries is going to wreck his athleticism. Give Parsons time to heal up (if he can), play hin exclusively at PF to make up for his lost athleticism and I'm sure he'd be a fine player. A 25 mill per year player? **** no. But a 12 mill, 6th man guy like Gordon? Yes.

16. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

No one will snitch cause he isnt the only one. That's the one drug NBA can't keep up with cause of how quick it leaves the system.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It may sink the league, because he's surely not alone. Just look at Lamar Odom, Chris Andersen, and OJ Mayo. There are more players out there under the radar who probably on a habit or using opoids after a devastating injury_injuries.

#57 plutoblue11, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    BasketballMind likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lighten up Francis. Everyone (commentators, players, and fans) has and will agree that that white player is an overpaid ******.

All is good in a reverse racist world.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I think you're really optimistic, I think after all of the injuries he's done being a relevant contributor to a winning situation and EG is a far superior player. Parsons is set for 5 lifetimes thanks to the idiot contracts handed out by Dallas & Memphis. There was no way he was ever going to be a franchise player but he capitalized on the situation and GOOD FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY! Chandler should ignore the noise and enjoy his life. He played the NBA system and won bigtime. He's far from being the only guy to do it though. There's been a lot of highly paid bust contracts sports.

20. Pringles

Pringles Member

That video just had a whole "Conspiracy theory" vibe behind it. Would I be surprised if Parsons was a coke head or a pill popper? No, but to make a whole video behind it based on one person's claim is absurd.