1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fantasy Draft] Bro-ed to the Playoffs!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by LCAhmed, Apr 3, 2018.

?

Draft Style?

1. Current Draft (60 games played minimum) with or without salary cap

72.7%
  2. All Time Draft with or without All-star/MVP/Awards stipulations (i.e. 3 all-stars only)

9.1%
  3. Decade draft (90s, 2000s, 80s, 70s, 2010s, etc) with or without award stips

9.1%
  4. Franchise Draft with stipulations (1 mvp & 2 other all stars or 5 all stars w/ no MVP; no repeats)

9.1%
  5. All Time Front Office draft (can only draft former players who are current/former coach/ GM/owner)

9.1%
  6. All Time 4 year Collegiate draft (can only draft players who played 4 years of NCAA college ball)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. All Time No College Draft (probably too short for HS only, so this will include international player

27.3%
  8. All Time Championship Draft (can only draft players who have won an NBA Championship)

18.2%
  9. All Time Non Championship Draft (can only draft players who have never won an NBA Championship)

45.5%
  10. Other

9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Maloe and Plowman, not sure about the lca-thing matchup.
    If Dirk and Aldrige were younger I'd give it to him, but with them being old it's very close.

Will give a detailed analysis later, just came home and still processing Germany's defeat.

BigMaloe and daywalker02 like this.
  2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

gonna be without internet until monday fellas. good luck

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll take LCA over Thing...although it's a lot closer than I thought it would be. 6 or 7 games

JMC over day/YT in a barnburner - 7 games for sure

BigM over Big Shot Bob in 6.

More detailed analysis to follow for me too, as I've had a ridiculous day & night. (LBJ print job kept me up way too long)

BigMaloe, daywalker02 and Yung-T like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Was fun while that lasted. Me and @Yung-T were having fun in this team build up. Just competitive beef, no real beef.

We agreed that under the circumstances we did our best and I think in the real world, our shooting, switching on D would wreak more havoc than in here.

We have 4 legit Allstars and 1 borderline two way Allstar in Khris. And I think our bench players shot well in the Current season of 2017/18 as well. Rozier was a fun discovery. Star power isn't Everything.

Though not every Allstar is created equally, this Animal Farm saying is not true every time.

@Yung-T and me could perhaps do it again. His input has been invaluable.

Thanks to him and everyone for the effort, understanding.

Maybe we'd do a simulation next time again.

#404 daywalker02, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    BigMaloe, Plowman and Yung-T like this.
  5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

LCA- 4
    thething-0
    --------------------------------------------
    daywalker/tizzle-0
    jmc-4
    -------------------------------------------
    Horry-0
    BigMaloe-4
    -------------------------------------------
    Plowman-4
    lwqbulb-2

6. LCAhmed

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed vs JMC

@LCAhmed

G: Kyrie Irving $18,868,626
    G: Buddy Hield $3,675,480
    F: LeBron James $33,285,709
    F: Lauri Markkanen $3,821,640
    C: Clint Capela $2,334,528

BENCH:
    G: Lou Williams 7,000,000
    F: Aaron Gordon 5,504,419
    C: Jakob Poeltl $2,825,640

vs

@Jmcballer88

Pg Damian Lillard
    Sg Klay Thompson
    Sf Jayson Tatum
    Pf Giannis Antetokounmpo
    C Jusuf Nurkic
    Backup Guard- Malcolm Brogdon
    Backup Foward- Kyle Anderson
    Backup Big- Bobby Portis

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BigMaloe vs Plowman

@BigMaloe

Chris Paul
    James Harden
    Trevor Ariza
    P.J. Tucker
    Kristaps Porzingis

Josh Richardson
    Will Barton
    Pascal Siakam

vs

@Plowman

PG/SG - Tyreke Evans
    SG/SF - Jimmy Butler
    SF/PG (any position really, can defend anyone) - Ben Simmons
    PF/C - Kevin Love
    C/PF - Anthony Davis

Bench -

PF - Kyle Kuzma
    SF - OG Anunoby
    PG - Delon Wright

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Big Maloe in 6

42 minutes of elite point guard play.

LCAhmed and Plowman like this.
  9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I’m looking at that lca vs jmc matchup and it looks extremely even.

I will need time after work to actually sit down examine and come to a conclusion

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. Plowman

Supporting Member

I like BigMaloe in 6 also....Well, I do... : )

LCAhmed and daywalker02 like this.
  11. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Im going to have to choose JMC. Dude put a really good team together. Markkanen doesnt match up againts Tatum or Giannis

LCAhmed, BigMaloe and Plowman like this.
  12. thething

thething Contributing Member

JMC wins
    And Bigmaloe wins.
    Stayed consistent with my voting strategy.

LCAhmed and Jmcballer88 like this.
  13. Jmcballer88

You are a great man

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Jmc vs Lca

Offense - Lca has the much more fluid and dominating offense. His spacing is great and it allows lebron to operate in great fashion. He has 2 guys who can dominate in isolation with kyrie and lebron and pick on lillard and nurkic.

Jmc offense in comparison seems a bit cluttered. Giannis can’t space it and nurkic doesn’t provide the vertical spacing Clint does. Giannis would likely initiate the offense but with lebron guarding him I actually see lillard running the offense more and ultimately clogging up the space making it easier for LCAs defense.

Defense - Jmc has the much better defensive team. It’s not amazing but it’s definitely stout. Nurkic has a lot of limitations but he is good at protecting the rim and the other guys are stout enough to cover lillard a shortcomings. The only weakness is lillard being posted by lebron and nurkic having to guard kyrie on the perimeter. Which is exactly what they are gonna do.

Still tho Lca lacks a strong defensive core. Capela is great and lebron is great but everyone is on this roster is average or worse. Lebron can only do so much.

Bench - Lca has a great bench. The 6th man if the year and a near all star in Lou along with a much improved Gordon who can run with this team and and poeltl who was a valuable rotation player for one of the best teams this year. Again tho it’s much more offense than defense.

Jmc has a decent bench. Brogdon is solid as is Portia if he isn’t punching people. Anderson is ok and much better in a bench role. It’s nothing to wow you but the bench will reasonably allow the starters to rest. They won’t impact the game much compared to how Lou could.

Overall - this matchup just seems to even to me. Elite offense vs a very balanced team. IM gonna go with Lca as I’ve seen how dominate lebron can be. I’ve seen how him and kyrie can’t kill a team. And add in a random “Lou” game and I just think they make the big moment shots. Lillard outside of the one shot hasn’t been very clutch. Giannis isn’t there yet. Tatum, although looking great in the playoffs, is a rookie. Klay only catches and shoots. And to me it appears Jmc is missing the player to make the absolute big time shots and Lca has 2 in lebron and kyrie.

I got Lca in 7 on a big time shot.

LCAhmed likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

LCA vs JMC

It is a tie for me.

BigMaloe and LCAhmed like this.
  16. LCAhmed

BigMaloe vs Plowman

This is a tough match up. Without going homer and picking the Hometown team, I want to give both teams a fair evaluation.

BigMaloe- Chemistry should be there, 4/5 starters already play together forreal. Add Porzingis who can do what Capela does but also stretches the floor and I think you have something scary. Offense has a lot of shooting and a good amount of passing, can open up driving lanes with spaced out 3 point shooters, can also go to Porzingis for mid/post ups and slow down as need be. Defensively I think each person can hold their own or atleast give effort (Harden). Bench is solid, not the best. I imagine this team will be taking A LOT of 3s and making 30-35% from behind the arc. Outshooting their team will be their objective (IMO).

Plowman- Outside of Kevin Love, defensively this team can be TROUBLE. A well rounded bunch of guys who can play the game. No ELITE 3pt shooters, but good shooters are out there. A lot of Dribble drive penetrators here, and lob option with Davis is SICK! Again my concern becomes is there enough ball for Reke/Simmons/Butler/Davis? Love has already become accustomed to being 3rd fiddle, But Davis/Simmons/Butler are all 1st options who need the ball to be effective. Reke I think would better suited to come off the bench and lead the team that way. Bench, like Maloe, not the greatest but is solid. Ball movement will be the key here, dribble drive, dish, repeat until an opening arrives.

Ultimately this matchup is closer IMO than others have posted. With my main concern still being not enough ball for 4 Ball dominant players on Plowmans team, I'll give the nod to BigMaloe. VERY TOUGH CALL!

Plowman and BigMaloe like this.
  17. Plowman

Supporting Member

It was a very difficult call...a wire job..gotta go with LCA though.

LCAhmed likes this.
  18. LCAhmed

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Russians crush you all.

JMC and BigMellow

Jmcballer88 likes this.
  20. Jmcballer88

Giannis Antekooumposijfoasidjfaslkfjas