1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Resigning Capella will Cost rockets 125mil

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jun 22, 2018.

1. BackdoorHarden

You have to sign Clint. Remember the last guy we had when he got knocked out by the Warriors? That's the guy you don't want.

Clint was crying after game 7. He know how hard the team worked to get to where they were and 1 game from being a NBA Champion. Clint cried because he cares and he works hard. Curry and Klay also cried when they got knocked out by CP3 and the Clippers and then worked their butt off to make themself better. Clint will keep working harder

Meanwhile:

[​IMG]

2. BackdoorHarden

You in da mob?

BHannes2BHonest and BigMaloe like this.
  3. jayfree

jayfree Member

Teach Ryno how to block shots and stay in front of guards. I mean how hard could that be?

4. pass_to_Hakeem

5. mig0s

mig0s Member

Its funny how Golden State can keep 4 all stars but we have to pay 125M to keep Capela

csc177 likes this.
  6. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

If we get another big and then get dwright back. It is also good. Jordan also fit for us as he is good to play with cp3

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Excuse me? No...

Dwight will not and should never stop foot in Houston ever again.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

That's too much money for a guy who was taken out of the flow of the offense by Golden state.

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Basically means we're ****ed.

We're going to be weaker (and older) going into next season unless another superstar signs here since if we just re-sign the same dudes to their desired contracts, Tilman has to accept to pay that huge tax knowing we haven't improved our roster significantly.

Meanwhile, we have no idea who the Warriors will get on vet mins again this off-season but you can bet a lot of ring-chasers want to go there.

Real reason why Warriors has everyone beat is because they have too many guys taking 5-10mil paycuts.

That stupid Ryno contract is really killing us in terms of flexibility.

10. Sanity2disChaos

Nerlen Noel.... problem solved.

But man I really hated the Anderson signing and I’m reminded every day (cause I visit here everyday!!) what a mistake that was.

11. riko

riko Member

that’s crazy

12. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

You know a HARD CAP is coming in the next CBA.

After what the Warriors did, nobody can compete without spending $135 million on payroll and paying $50-100 million in luxury tax each year with the repeat offender penalty.

13. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Keep Capela and trade role players.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I wonder how Vucevic would play in this system especially for 12m. Memphis also drafted a center and Gasol is probably available.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Several max offers as in one team offering him a max contract several times over a week?

16. HTM

HTM Member

Clint was pretty much useless against GSW.

I don’t think he moves the needle at all in regards to our ability to beat them.

I would bring him back on something reasonable because he is a valuable player against many other teams but I wouldn’t give him the max.

17. Sanity2disChaos

Teams would be crazy to give Clint the max!!!

18. BackdoorHarden

Pretty much everyone is useless against the Warriors. Even Harden was useless. But Clint dominated the 2 big centers in the NBA, KAT and GOBERT. Clint was the Best Center in the Playoff. He destroyed KAT AND RUDY. Just because he was game planned by the Warriors, doesn't mean he's not a max player.

The Warriors always game plan and take someone out. They let guys like Lebron and Harden get their numbers, but made the other players like Clint invisible because they got someone always guarding him, unlike other teams.

19. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

We are not in a great position in terms of individual deals. I think Morey can cash in on a macro approach though. Free agency requires a different strategy than NBA conference finals ;)

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Welcome a locker room clown? Dang.