1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Manafort may not have anything Mueller wants. If that is true, Manafort might very well be truly and deeply fukced.

Manafort attended to the DJ TJ meeting with the Putin's agent in Trump Towers, so there is that. Even so, Manafort might not have anything of worth to add to what Mueller already knows.

This recent Mueller move might be made to just clear the field of periphery players.

#1761 No Worries, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  2. adoo

adoo Member

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

As we get closer to indictment of Trump, we really need to start discussing how to handle any potential pardoning, or firing of Mueller. My guess is Mueller will hold his final report till after the midterms, hoping the Dems take back the house. I also wonder if Mueller can pass his charges onto a state government, so that Trump can't use his pardon power.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I am guessing Manfort knows a lot, if he is last person taking the fall, then the investigation is about over, but I am betting there are more fishes to be caught yet.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Gates is singing...

6. NewRoxFan

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I suspect that Mueller will move on Trump's real estate entanglements with the Russians.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Mueller is getting ready to move...

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That alarm has been raised for months now. Most notably on the Senate floor calling for legislation to protect Mueller.

The votes are apparently there to protect Mueller but Paul Ryan has refused to bring that bill to the floor. Not sure about McConnell and the Senate but it will go nowhere without Ryan who is essentially giving a green light to Trump to try and shut down the investigation and signaling he won’t impeach Trump even if Mueller refers impeachment to the House or he’s scared of taking a position on what he will or won’t do if and when.

Will Mueller hold indicments till after the midterms? I doubt it. First there is no guarantee the Dems take back the House. Mueller is politically aware of the situation in Congress but I think he’s going to continue on and do his job at the pace he is allowed to work at. He’s going to do everything he can to present a fair and factual prosecution.

However your note about State charges is absolutely something I believe he is pursuing and it’s been reported that he’s working with I think NY and VA. That was reported early on and I think that was a pretty strong signal about pardoning potential.

Also if he pardons anyone in the case he’s guarantee’ing referalls for impeachment for abuse and obstruction. Whether or not he gets impeached and removed or not after is still a question but politically he’s done at that point and Paul Ryan will be done as well as a Speaker of the house that protected a criminal. Maybe they manage to stay in office for some time after but think of everything The US loses at that point. How would the American people react and how much would that change the country as a whole? It’s a pretty big deal and Mueller is aware of that, but that’s beyond his ability.

#1769 dobro1229, Feb 23, 2018
    mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There must be such a weird disconnect over at WSJ, on the one hand you have journalists doing real journalism jobs - covering an actual conspiracy against the United States hatched in combination with hostile foreign powers and the brazenly public obstruction of justice that occurred in its aftermath.

On the other hand, you have the clown show that is the editorial page that is carrying water for undermining this very same investigation (and ongoing acts of obstruction of justice) at every opportunity.

WSJ - I think you need to get a divorce from yourself.

Deckard, B-Bob and Rashmon like this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Have been thinking the same: imagining some awkwardly silent elevator rides in their building.

12. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

You know, I gotta say...
    ...I really didn't think Donald Trump was going to "drain the swamp"...

...but whaddayaknow?

...Maybe all that time the Donald spent managing buildings and towers and the like taught him something about plumbing?

He certainly seems to know his way around a septic tank....

#1772 mdrowe00, Feb 23, 2018
  13. NewRoxFan

I feel sorrier for Shepard Smith... he must stay out of the break room and must avoid going to the bathroom until he gets home...

14. NewRoxFan

meanwhile... the room is getting a bit colder for Paul...

15. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

That pardon better come for him, or else he is going be locked up for a long time. Even with pardon he might be stuck in state jail for ages.

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Sooooo, according to Paul Manafort, his colleague Rick Gates has pleaded guilty to being innocent? Or he's innocent but pleading guilty?

LOL

Deckard likes this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Stupid? Innocent? Just a show as part of a plead deal? Jail time is better than cooperating (mafia)... ? Muller ain't interested in a plead deal?

18. NewRoxFan

LOL... no honor among thieves I guess...

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

20. NewRoxFan