1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Astros: 2017 World Series Champions!

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., Nov 1, 2017.

1. BleedsRocketRed

Just watched a few highlights again to get my Stros fix.

Damn that was good. :)

CrushCity likes this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

3. Buck Turgidson

You have to do it about once a week until the season starts.

4. pw1993

pw1993 Member

Looking at the Mike Fiers no-hitter again, it seems funny that 2/3 or more of the team that Mike blanked were also on the Dodgers WS starting lineup. Mike made it look so easy in 2015, it almost seems ridiculous it took the Stros 7 games to finish them off in 2017.

CK Johnson and RKREBORN like this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Turner and Peterson were the only two hitters to start the no hitter and start game 7.

Nook likes this.
  6. pw1993

pw1993 Member

Thanks for the correction. I noticed Ethier, Kike Hernandez, Utley, and Grandal in the no-hitter and also on the WS roster but hadn't remembered they didn't actually start. However I think they all played in the WS at some point.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The Dodgers scored over 100 runs more in 2017 than they did in 2015. One cannot use a one game sample from 2015 to determine how a team will perform two years later.

8. the shark

the shark Member

So I spend some time out in L.A. for business, and it cracks me up this narrative that the Dodgers would have won the series if they would have started Kershaw in game 7. My Dodger business associates love bringing up how effective he was in relief, and thus why they (Roberts) should have started him instead.

Two things that I point out to them on this:
    1) They seem to forget that three days earlier in GM 5 Kershaw was torn apart.
    4.2 IP 6 ER 94 Pitches 3 BB

2) I was out in L.A. for game 7 and at NO point did I hear anyone saying that Kershaw should have started. Obviously he'd be available to pitch if the situation arose but to start the game?

They're having a hard time letting it go. Last week when I went out there I made sure to bring three different WS Champion hats to wear at different times to rub it in. They keep popping off and I just say "scoreboard" and point to the hat:D

9. pw1993

pw1993 Member

You're taking my original post far more seriously than it was intended. It was meant as a lighthearted comment on how Mike Fiers made something that was really quite difficult, nonetheless look simple, and to draw a connection that several of the Dodgers he faced also ended up on the 2017 WS team. Some of the posts I make are meant as rigorous, serious baseball analysis. My original post was not intended as one. Sometimes these nuances are lost on the interwebs whereas if we were talking in person they would be obvious.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  10. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

That is awesome man. I got the rub it in faces of all my Cowboy fan, and Rangers fans cousins when I went to Dallas for Christmas.

the shark likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lance McCullers looked super pissed his name wasn’t mentioned from the pitchers list. Lmao.

Trump had no idea what he was reading. Awkward compliments and stories.

craigharmann likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

I can understand them having a hard time letting go. The narrative for a lot of last year was that the Dodgers were the best team in baseball and destined to win the World Series and likely more. Now, months later there is little talk of the Dodgers and they had a tough off season. They haven't won a World Series in nearly 30 years; I am sure it is really hard to let go. Luckily we don't have to experience those feelings.

CometsWin likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Pretty obvious that Altuve is not a big Trump fan.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

look at Springer!

17. conquistador#11

Springer was doing the melania. =)
    Can someone make that into a gif?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

McCullers always seems to be the pitcher never mentioned in any talks when our pitchers get talked about and he hates it so much. Add being in the White House and being televised, he wants to wring somebodys neck. LOL

RasaqBoi likes this.
  20. Fantasma Negro