1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I feel that Harden being overworked in the regular season is why he is somewhat defeated by the post season.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wouldn't mind siting his ass down too. Rockets have to save Harden from himself. Just because we know he can go forever in the regular season doesn't mean they have to do it. Harden sitting means others will be forced to play without him bailing them out with his heroics.. I mean now is the time.

DonKnock, RudyTBag and Invisible Fan like this.
  3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

You believe fans typing blog posts on a forum have any form of impact on how the game is played?

Delusion.

4. theimpossibles1

No one post or group of posts obviously, but the culture they cultivate and add to, yes. Each team/city holds a vibe and the teams pick up on that vibe. I.E. Cleveland with their losing culture and NE with the opposite.

#64 theimpossibles1, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    DonKnock likes this.
  5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Houston doesnt really have a culture when it comes to sports.... The rockets, atleast. Have you been to a Rockets game? I know you have. And I'm willing to bet you were the loudest one there. Nobody cares at the games or throughout the city, sadly.

6. theimpossibles1

Haha yea. When I am lucky enough to get a lower bowl seat it is frustrating how few people seem to care. Most are clearly there for social status reasons. Hopefully Fertita has some ideas to improve this. And of course winning a chip (or even making the finals) would improve the situation.

BigggReddd likes this.
  7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Maaan just buy upper bowl tickets, tell the ushers down at the baseline lower bowl sections its your birthday and you wanna watch the players warm up from up close, go on flashseats and see which seats havent been sold and sit there so nobody claims them and bam lower bowl seats. Ive done it atleast 20 times without fail.

But yeah, the lower bowl experience is pathetic. Nothing but oil executive suits showing up at halftime.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Keep in mind its best to do when we play lottery teams so seats will be open for sure. I usually pick a lottery team loaded with good talent (like last year, I did this when we played the Bucks and Pelicans) Also, you gotta add the tickets to your cart to see what seats they are. Just looking at them on the site will just tell you section and row, then in your cart it'll tell you which exact seats they are.

Use the bathroom before the game cause ya cant leave or you wont get back in that section ;)

9. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Yes get rest and return when 100%. I want to see Lob City(ClutchCity style) to Clint, Nene, Tarik Black, and to the rest of the team.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Old Man Paul breakin down

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

can we rest him til March

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

end of the harden-cp3 experiment confirmed! time to tank the season

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

no problem with cp3 resting that knee. better now than something that lingers throughout the year

theimpossibles1 and BigMaloe like this.
  15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Exactly. At his age, recovery is just slower unfortunately (I know from experience). He'll get right, but you gotta be patient with him.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, been to those Rockets games. I don't know if it's some polite Southern gentility or what, but I often feel like people around me are posing for an oil painting: "Now, don't move. Do not scratch your nose. Do not turn your head. Be very still."

10 years ago at a game, my girlfriend and I were in section 405. "Hey, we're the only non-Asians in this section." We figured out they had to be Toyota employees and execs. They had obviously been forced to attend. Talk about lack of enthusiasm! By the middle of the third quarter rigor mortis was setting in for all of them; flies were gathering on their eyeballs, lips, and nostrils. I almost called for the coroner's office. Then, at the end of the third quarter, the HMFIC in the best seat (farthest down, first row) decided that he'd attended enough of the game out of politeness; he stood up and two-tenths of a second later the whole gang stood up as one and followed him in file up the steps.

On, wait.....what's this thread about again? CP3 ain't playing tomorrow night? Good. Let him get that knee better.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Good, let him rest even the next 10 games since we're not playing any contenders and should be fine without him. Let him get 100% healed.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

D'Antoni is right on the money. Get him to 110% before we unleash the monster. Dallas sucks. Save him for the Cavs on November 4th. We can go 9-2 pretty handily against the next 9 teams. 11-2 with a damn healthy as hell Chris Paul.

Mavs
    Grizz
    Sixers
    Hornets
    Grizz
    Sixers
    Knicks
    Hawks
    Jazz
    Cavs

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

A poster on this very forum made the Harden defense video.

You gonna sit here and say with a straight face that that video had no impact on him?