1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial 2017 ALCS] New York Yankees vs. Houston Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by swyyyguy, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

McCullers better f-ing show up today...that's all I'm saying. He's been MIA for a while now. We need him to pitch well.

The offense...ugh. I hope they come into this game with renewed energy and focus after yesterday. Bounce back...payback....take your pick. Use it.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

4 runs in 3 games. Bats have to get going.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

It appears Keuchel will go Game 5 in NYC.

Let's win today and tomorrow.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

wasn't surprising that hou didn't go up 3-0. As long as hou takes atleast 1 in NY, its a successful trip. Hou is still going to win this series

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

@vonbock

Houstunna likes this.
  6. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I'm wishing we had started Peacock today despite his last outing based on the body of his work during the season, but we'll see if Lance can regain his form. I'd say Lance 2 times through the lineup and then possibly go to Musgrove/Peacock after that depending on where we are in the game. I just do not have a ton of faith in McCullers going deep into the game, and our bullpen does not instill confidence in me right now. Really wishing we had been able to deal for Hand at the deadline, but I guess the Padres were just asking too much.

Of course, if we only score 1-2 runs again, then I don't care who we throw, we are not losing because of pitching.

7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lance finna throw some bangers today

YULI C

Houstunna and mario elie like this.
  8. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Well damn, Vegas odds open up in favor of NY.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

whats surprising about that? they were favored last night. its no different today

10. AWIN

AWIN Member

Battle of the gas cans today, just a question of which pitcher gets lit up first.

11. MystikArkitect

So the Astros lost against their ace at their house with our shaky pitcher and quiet bats?

We’re gonna give up runs in NYC. Just need to keep them around 2-3 and then hope that the team remembers how to hit the effing ball.

12. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Call me crazy/naive/a homer, but I have a gut feeling that Lance is about to DEAL today. He has immense talent, he's just been up and down. The Yankees are full of aggressive hitters, so hopefully the over 50% of breaking balls that Lance usually throws will have them chasing.

Frustrating loss yesterday, but the beauty of baseball is that we can win today and suddenly nobody cares about yesterday. If you gave me the chance to fast-forward to game 4 being up 2-1, I take that every single time. Let's go Astros, make it 3-1 after today!!

RocketManJosh likes this.
  13. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Astros will score 12 runs today

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Isn't DK slated to pitch game 5 in NY?

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If Lance doesn't come through today.....

I want him gone.

16. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

LMJ just turned 24 earlier this month and has 325 1/3 IP with a FIP- of 71. 29% better than league average. I expect LMJ to perform well today but regardless he's a key piece to this team for years to come.

17. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was hoping but my The Score app didn’t have a starter but today it says Keuchel. That would be the best thing to do if you get Keuchel tomorrow and hopefully the win then Verlander at home to try and wrap it up !

18. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep I see that now ! Absolutely I just feel we can get Gray today and hit him hard and Tanaka as well ! Let’s gwt this !!!!!

Houstunna likes this.
  19. SuraGotMadHops

It starts at the top, Springer has got to get his mind right, he has looked so bad at the plate, wild Carlos Gomez type swings, I hope Cora and the other guys settle him down.

DudeWah and RasaqBoi like this.
  20. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Now is where Carlos "The Mentor" Beltran earns his paycheck. Get these kids out of their own heads, Carlos. If you're the talent whisperer that we've been led to believe, then we should win the next two going away.